PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Dem Underground Thread on debt

JustRalph
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5405598#5405601

Please read this thread......... it goes miles and miles in explaining the difference between people.............

The Next time a so called "righty" on this board refers to those who don't pull their weight......please remember this thread.........

If you don't wan't to read the whole thing

please search for this user........... "ORDagnabbit"

This is illustrative of the typical Obama supporter........in my opine

Greyfox
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
ordagnabbit quote from thread on how he avoided paying his credit dues.

"its all a game man once you learn that its easy to free yourself."

Dahoss9698
04-07-2009, 07:10 PM
This is illustrative of the typical Obama supporter........in my opine

And I think therein lies the problem. If you truly believe that idiot is representative of a typical Obama supporter than there is nothing anyone here or anywhere can say to make you change your mind. But, you're wrong and if you guys would drop your preconcieved notions maybe you would get that. It's not a competition, we're all on the same team here.

Zenyatta To Crush
04-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Why is there so much political talk on this message board? I'm tired of scrolling through all of these I hate Obama threads just to find one about racing. Can't we all agree that the economy sucks right now and it will take time to get out of it whether it was Obama or McCain in charge. Anybody is better than Bush. Cmon, the Derby is only a few weeks away, you guys can rip on Obama and his supporters all you want after its done.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
The board has several sections, including this Off Topic Section. In the Racing Forums, political talk is discouraged if not prohibited. If you are using the option to show unread posts, there are supposed to be some click options to exclude the Off-Topic posts. I don't this option myself, tending to look at each forum level and see what has changed before selecting what I eventually read, so I can't describe it better yet, but it is out there.

OK, I did a quick check. Under 'Quick Links' there are options for new posts, to separate the Off Topic from Racing posts. Oddly, that isn't an option under 'New Posts' but at least you'll know where to find it, and avoid the O/T items.

Zenyatta To Crush
04-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I always just click the today's posts button since I don't like to go to separate categories. It just bothers me that so many people love to argue about every little thing that happens in the political world and there are so many people strongly biased in one direction. It usually results in a lose-lose situation as nobody is willing to compromise. If McCain was president, we'd probably have even more people complaining about his actions. I voted for Obama, but if McCain were president, I wouldn't be ripping on every decision he made like some people on this board are doing with Obama.

JustRalph
04-07-2009, 07:37 PM
tell you what......... I will just stop posting..........how's that

Steve 'StatMan'
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Many of us spent 5 years or more having those on the left pick on every detail. Lots of this is well earned payback, even though things did not go as well or as expected during the past administration. Some things the past administration did made sense from a 'leader of a strong nation' point of view, and when Obama does similar things that the left bitched about, the hypocracy is going to get noted loudly, and when he does things that seem weak, it's going to be bitched about loudly. I wouldn't want to be president - very tough job, and lots of ugly things and ugly choices have to be made sometimes. If it was easy, it would need to be looke at by high level politicians. And from what I've seen in the last 16 years plus, high level politicians, and U.N. diplomats pretty much can't solve anything, let alone find a reasonalbly agreeable way to try to solve them. So problems continue and many will be disappointed at our leaders.

Lefty
04-07-2009, 11:00 PM
back to leftwinger cc problems: The example has been set in Obama's admin. So many in his cabinet and others nominated for his cabinet seem averse to paying their taxes. Stands to reasonn their followers figure thay don't have to pay debts they personally incurred. I guess they want the rest of us to pay for them. Seems to be the dim philosophy.

Dave Schwartz
04-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Here is an interesting write about conservatives vs. liberals in the charitable arena.

http://philanthropy.com/free/articles/v19/i04/04001101.htm

Mr. Brooks agreed that he needed to tackle politics. He writes that households headed by a conservative give roughly 30 percent more to charity each year than households headed by a liberal, despite the fact that the liberal families on average earn slightly more.

Mr. Brooks calls it a "bitter irony" that those favoring income redistribution are not doing much redistributing from their own bank accounts — and he blames liberal leaders like Mr. Nader for letting liberals off the hook.

Froma a related website:

http://blog.beliefnet.com/castingstones/2008/04/conservatives-give-more-to-cha.html

When Brooks compared his findings to IRS data on the percentage of household income given away, he found that "red" states in the 2004 election were more charitable than "blue" states. Brooks found that 24 of the 25 states that were above average in family charitable giving voted for Bush in 2004, and 17 of the 25 states below average in giving voted for Kerry. Brooks concluded, "The electoral map and the charity map are remarkably similar."

Why? A clue may be found in the 1996 General Social Survey, which asked Americans whether they agreed that "the government has a responsibility to reduce income inequality." People who "disagreed strongly" with that statement gave 12 times more money to charity per year than those who "agreed strongly" with the statement.

"In essence, for many Americans, political opinions are a substitute for personal checks," Mr. Brooks writes.

The Judge
04-07-2009, 11:30 PM
On this very board the right wing said the exact same thing. " Lets all stop paying our credit cards". Now they are pointing the finger at someone else ?????

I guess they are mad because ORDagnabbit stole their idea.

mostpost
04-07-2009, 11:47 PM
tell you what......... I will just stop posting..........how's that

You're never going to catch Tom with that attitude!;)

mostpost
04-08-2009, 12:02 AM
JustRalph,
If you had posted the same thing without the last line, you would have gotten almost universal agreement. On the other hand, what's the fun of that?

ORDagnabbit is an idiot, and dishonest besides. Credit Card interest rates are too high and one of the big reasons is we are all paying for guys like him.
Still, credit card companies should not be allowed to drastically raise your rates if you are late on a payment or two. And I mean a payment or TWO.

As for your last line; I know many Obama supporters, (There were over 69 million of us after all:p.) and none of us are planning to default and any debts and all of us are working....except for the retired ones. SO your slander is misplaced here.

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2009, 03:26 AM
On this very board the right wing said the exact same thing. " Lets all stop paying our credit cards". Now they are pointing the finger at someone else ?????Seriously, are you just making stuff up? Who is the right wing? Is there a user named "Right Wing?"

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2009, 03:28 AM
I always just click the today's posts button since I don't like to go to separate categories.If you click on the QUICK LINKS menu option, you will see a drop down box that has the "NEW POSTS - EXCLUDE OFF TOPIC" option.

Clicking that will be just like clicking "Today's posts" but it won't list any off-topic posts, thus you can avoid all of the political talk and focus exclusively on the horse racing topics.

Tom
04-08-2009, 07:51 AM
You're never going to catch Tom with that attitude!;)

I will obviously pick up the slack is need be. :D

hcap
04-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Tom,

You must really believe in the infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters, for an infinite period of time, theorem.

I will assume you also have an infinite number of monkeys on your editorial staff.
They, however could use some hands on supervision. :D

The Judge
04-08-2009, 09:16 AM
As far as I know there is no user named "right wing" however there are plenty of "right wing users". It was either Tom or JustRalph that posted "lets stop paying credit cards" is that right wing enough for ya! I'm not sure which one it was so I said right wing.

Tom
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I believe it was me, and you obviously took it out of context. I think I was talking about a nationwide strike. That is a tad different than one guy cheating.

JustRalph
04-08-2009, 10:22 AM
As far as I know there is no user named "right wing" however there are plenty of "right wing users". It was either Tom or JustRalph that posted "lets stop paying credit cards" is that right wing enough for ya! I'm not sure which one it was so I said right wing.

I think you better start searching for that......... I don't think I posted it.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 02:40 AM
As far as I know there is no user named "right wing" however there are plenty of "right wing users". It was either Tom or JustRalph that posted "lets stop paying credit cards" is that right wing enough for ya! I'm not sure which one it was so I said right wing.You view the world and the people in it in an odd way, do you realize that?

ddog
04-09-2009, 05:01 PM
the enlightened always seem odd to "the people" do you realize that?

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 07:11 PM
the enlightened always seem odd to "the people" do you realize that?I was referring to his apparent need to label individual people here and call them out by name. Nothing more, nothing less.

Steve 'StatMan'
04-09-2009, 07:35 PM
On this very board the right wing said the exact same thing. " Lets all stop paying our credit cards". Now they are pointing the finger at someone else ?????

I guess they are mad because ORDagnabbit stole their idea.

So, did any of these posters, on PA or DU, stop paying their credit cards and other critical bills? On purpose or due to bad circumastances?

The Judge
04-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I don't know you tell me. All I wanted to point out was that somebody on "this board" said stop paying credit card debts long before anything was posted by Ordagnabbit on some web site I never heard of, until it posted here.
I knew it was between two people I didn't remember which one and I wasn't going to look it up unless I was forced to. Tom said it was him and it was in the form of a protest movement. Which sound correct of course that could have led to further posts but I wasn't going to do it.

I thought that would be the end of it but I should have known better.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
I thought that would be the end of it but I should have known better.Who was it that posted about whining? "Should have known better..." as if off-topic is such a horrible place.

Let me ask you guys who seem to be complaining about what goes on in off-topic ever since Obama won.

If off-topic sucks so badly, why do you continue to participate?

ddog
04-09-2009, 10:58 PM
So, did any of these posters, on PA or DU, stop paying their credit cards and other critical bills? On purpose or due to bad circumastances?

i will say YES, i think it's a safe bet given the rate of delinquency lately.