PDA

View Full Version : evd starting wednesday......

proximity
04-07-2009, 05:37 PM
looks like they finally got the turf course ready to go.

i am a little disappointed that they haven't carded too many two turn dirt races in the opening days, but hopefully that will change and the cards will balance out more as the meet goes on.

anyhow always a good track to bet with the large fields.

good luck!!

pktruckdriver
04-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I was there last weekend, of course with my truck and trailer, and was watching the monring workouts, and my God there about 100 horses being worked out that morning, they kept coming in waves, about a few dozen went thru the gate, but none were on the turf course , whiich to me looked a little brown actually,but overall the facility looked re-done, or remodled, with signs all over stating the largest fields guaranteed.

Things were great till the threw me out stating they no lnger allowed tractor and trailer parking, but kinda hinted they would allow only tractor parking though,n but where am I to leave my trailer, that is crazy.

Well good luck this season anyway.

Patrick

Mineshaft
04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
They will run one turf race a day for the first week and then see how the turf course holds up. Then they might run 2 per day. But 3 weeks ago the turf was definetely brown.

Market Mover
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
They went 1:44 for mile and sixteenth. G man stayed out in middle of track on overwhelming chalk. This could quickly become one of the most competitive tracks to offer full-field turf racing with 10 cent superfectas.

Could someone tell me why they announced a "new" bet of $0.50 Pick 4s for the late 4 races at Evd, yet Youbet only offers teh bet at a $1 minimum? Do they do this to other tracks as well?

Mineshaft
04-08-2009, 10:53 PM
They went 1:44 for mile and sixteenth. G man stayed out in middle of track on overwhelming chalk. This could quickly become one of the most competitive tracks to offer full-field turf racing with 10 cent superfectas.

Could someone tell me why they announced a "new" bet of $0.50 Pick 4s for the late 4 races at Evd, yet Youbet only offers teh bet at a $1 minimum? Do they do this to other tracks as well?

Last year it was a $1 minimum Pick 4. Love the 50 cent pick 4 just wish they would offer an early Pick 4

michiken
04-09-2009, 08:13 AM
I expected a speed favoring strip for opening day - similar to last year.

Looks like all of the 14 horse stampedes set up for late late runners paying bomber prices.

The new turf course looked like a bunch of sand and weeds...

Welcome back bomber paradise!

Mineshaft
04-09-2009, 08:16 AM
It will be bombs for the 1st week then get back to normal. Pick 4 only payed 3/4.