PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Sponsor - Premier Turf Club

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2009, 01:24 AM
PremierTurfClub.Com has rejoined as an authorized advertiser at PaceAdvantage.Com.

Click here to visit their site:

http://www.PremierTurfClub.com (http://www.premierturfclub.com/)

Indulto
04-07-2009, 01:59 AM
Premier Turf Club achieved great popularity on this board when represented by Ian Meyers who exemplified the company’s slogan “by horseplayers for horseplayers,” and provided a confidence-inspiring face to that operation.

It has been reported that Mr. Meyers and Mr. Riddell are no longer with the company. Do the new principals plan to identify themselves and possibly share with us the plans for their future operation that were not compatible with those former executives?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2009, 02:09 AM
It has been reported that Mr. Meyers and Mr. Riddell are no longer with the company. Do the new principals plan to identify themselves and possibly share with us the plans for their future operation that were not compatible with those former executives?I don't know. You might want to email or call them to find out that kind of information.

However, you'd probably be wasting your time, as I would venture to guess that most organizations would not go much past the "he is no longer with the company...click" answer when fielding such questions as you pose here.

What private company that you know of would answer such a question from an outsider?

Indulto
04-07-2009, 02:28 AM
I don't know. You might want to email or call them to find out that kind of information.

However, you'd probably be wasting your time, as I would venture to guess that most organizations would not go much past the "he is no longer with the company...click" answer when fielding such questions as you pose here.

What private company that you know of would answer such a question from an outsider?Until recently, Premier Turf Club was not like other private companies. New management is still employing the original slogan at their website. Will they also provide an on-line contact on this board?

Do you feel my questions do you and/or other PA members a disservice?

PaceAdvantage
04-07-2009, 03:05 AM
Do you feel my questions do you and/or other PA members a disservice?No, I just feel they aren't realistic in a business sense. If I were a business, I wouldn't answer your question.

First, you're asking them to discuss future plans. Why would they do that and tip off the competition?

Second, you're asking them to discuss a former employee. Why would they do that and risk getting sued?

Indulto
04-07-2009, 05:33 PM
While those questions may indeed go unanswered, I suspect that the absence of transparency where it once existed may not go over well with some former supporters.

michiken
04-07-2009, 06:08 PM
We have many choices where to play.

It's all about customer service and comfort with the company that you are dealing with.

Ian was customer service to the max!

Rook
04-07-2009, 10:56 PM
It looks like PTC has been taken over by a French company as the PA ad lists the company as Premiere Turf Club:D

PaceAdvantage
04-08-2009, 03:09 AM
I don't design the ads...I simply put them up as they are delivered to me...

Rook
04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I don't design the ads...I simply put them up as they are delivered to me...

It will take the new guys a little while to learn the name of the company that just hired them.

BillW
04-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Please guys, use the DRF abbreviations for the tracks! SAN = SA, GOL = GG, LAU = LRL, GLF = GP etc. I need a translation guide to read them as they are. :confused:

DeanT
04-08-2009, 10:34 PM
GLF = GP etc. I need a translation guide to read them as they are. :confused:
Whenever I see GLF up there I am wondering if it is some kind of liberation federation in Ghana or something. Those are some of the most bizarre abbreviations I have ever seen.

betovernetcapper
04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
It looks like PTC has been taken over by a French company as the PA ad lists the company as Premiere Turf Club:D

Whenever I see GLF up there I am wondering if it is some kind of liberation federation in Ghana or something. Those are some of the most bizarre abbreviations I have ever seen.

It must be the new Buy Plyares - Four Plyares strategy.

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Call me crazy, but I think it actually works out better for me in the long run if folks were to say nice things about sponsors, especially in "Welcome Back Sponsor" threads.

rrbauer
04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Call me crazy, but I think it actually works out better for me in the long run if folks were to say nice things about sponsors, especially in "Welcome Back Sponsor" threads.

If you can't stand the heat......

Rook
04-09-2009, 08:46 AM

I think PTC is fortunate that they haven't received a ton of abuse from PA members. Ian became a friend to dozens of people on this board and he earned the highest respect of everyone by working 24/7, 365 days a year and having the proper vision (ie. rebates and customer service) for the industry.

The only thing most of us know about the remaining PTC ownership is that they have treated a friend of ours shabbily. They have a lot of work to do to repair the tremendous goodwill that was build up on PA.

dvlander
04-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Like many here, I had a few very positive interactions with Ian while he was with PTC. However, in my view it is dangerous for the intrinsic value of any organization to be measured by the contributions of a single individual. Regardless of the circumstances, people come and go. If my experience with an organization has been positive, I tend to be a loyal customer until they give me a service reason not to be. My day-to-day experiences with PTC have continued to be business as usual since Ian's departure although I could be classified as a low-maintenance customer.

Essentially, it comes down to what level of rebate the ADW is offering at what tracks. If I ever experience a blip in service, I'll react accordingly. Until that happens, I'll continue to give PTC a fair shot at retaining my business.

Dale

stuball
04-09-2009, 02:31 PM
I had to call PTC today to get their federal id number which
was not on the W2G. My tax return got kicked back from the IRS because of it...The guy that answered the phone says to
me "Well I guess it doesn't mean much the the programmers
when we tell them what has to be on there."
Does not exactly inspire confidence....

Stuball

PaceAdvantage
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
If you can't stand the heat......If **I** can't stand the heat? Surely you jest.