PDA

View Full Version : If society's status was based on Fox TV...

sq764
04-20-2003, 09:16 PM
....we would all want Korea to drop the big one on us...

I just saw previews for the new 'reality' show where the men wear masks and its hosted by Monica Lewinsky.

This was right after the preview of the show featuring Michael Jackson's personal tapes, featuring adolescents he had sex with.

My only question is who is to blame - the Fox execs for putting this trash on tv, society for accepting this crap, or the viewers that actually watch this crap and allow it to flourish?

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2003, 09:54 PM
Could they find more frightening looking masks???!!! That woman is going to have nightmares after she finishes that show, no matter what is underneath the mask!!! LOL

Suff
04-20-2003, 10:01 PM
Right now...I am watching the History of James. Jesus's Brother. On Discovery Channel. Its America. Watch what you want.

sq764
04-20-2003, 10:08 PM
Wait until Magna buys the Discovery channel.. You won't be so optimistic about our choices :-)

Suff
04-20-2003, 10:11 PM
lol...your right.....and it is a Poor reflection of our society that the Reality shows out do most other shows.

The Biggest threat to our rights and freedoms is an uneducated Populace. And when 75% of people are off in left field somewhere...its bad for business.

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2003, 10:40 PM
I read an article somewhere that mentioned Fox was doing extremely well not only in the ratings but because the reality shows are very inexpensive to produce. Essentially, no high-priced stars to pay.

Dave

sq764
04-20-2003, 10:51 PM
They owe it all to Homer Simpson!

JustRalph
04-21-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by sq764
They owe it all to Homer Simpson!

Don't forget Al Bundy. Homer and Al made the network. Homer is awesome and probably the sharpest show (wit) ever on TV.
The Simpson's and MASH probably two of the best ever.

dav4463
04-21-2003, 03:45 AM
Funny thing about Fox, the news is "fair and balanced". It appeals to the majority of Americans (myself included). However their network stuff is only to make money. It appeals to trash mostly, typical Jerry Springer, wild police videos, celebrity boxing, when animals attack, etc. , etc. ! The network saw a need for news that appeals to the conservatives, they did it , they know they can make money with trashy network shows...they do it ! Whatever works !

sq764
04-21-2003, 09:10 AM
I am glad someone agrees with me about The Simpsons. My wife says they are stupid (because she cannot appreciated them).

Beyond all the stupid Homer humor, they are probably one of the greatest comedy shows of all time, cartoon or not.

Suff
04-21-2003, 09:49 AM
I am glad someone agrees with me about The Simpsons. My wife says they are stupid (because she cannot appreciated them).

Beyond all the stupid Homer humor, they are probably one of the greatest comedy shows of all time, cartoon or not.

I love the Simpsons.......I watch them almost every night when I'm home and able to.

I catch some Grief from my Sisters who say "How can you like a cartoon"?

I say......Its not a Cartoon....Its Adult Animation. And its Hilarious.

My Little Niece gave me a T-Shirt for Christmas.

It has Pictures of 5 Monkees That Morp into Homer Simpson.

Under the the first is says

Monkius Eatalotis

2nd

Chimpus Imbecilis

3rd

Ape-is-Stupidius

4th

Neandarslob

5th

HomerSapien

I get stopped By Simpsons Lovers all the Time when I wear it.

JustRalph
04-21-2003, 11:21 AM

I just tell my wife that 90% of women have a defective Satire and Parody gene. She has actually started watching the Simpson's with me lately. I even caught her laughing a few times.........

:cool:

sq764
04-21-2003, 11:41 AM
I know the feeling. Everytime she tells me to turn it off, I tell her "Ok, you watch it for 10 minutes with me, if you do not laugh once, I will turn it off"... Needless to say, she always laughs within a few minutes.

My greatest phrase of all time that Homer uttered was in the episode when Krusty the Clown's daughter came back to meet him. Homer and Krusty were walking on the beach and Homer was talking about how easy parenthood was.

Does anyone remember what he said?
(I have the wav file of it, its hilarious)

Lefty
04-21-2003, 12:57 PM
I don't watch any of the socalled "reality" shows but someone must as they just keep on a comin. Sorta like the proliferation of the Western in the 50's. And by the descriptions they are about as far from reality as you can get. Don't worry they'll soon "wear" the public out and we'll be rid of them. But give these guys credit for one thing: They've found a way to legalize prostitution!

Tom
04-21-2003, 09:52 PM
1. Bill Clinton is under one of those masks.
2. the Simpsons is one of the best written shows of all time - the way they weave various sub-plots together, and the things that "just happen" not as part of the story, but as part of the humor are hilarious. After all these years, it is still fresh, funny, and entertaining.
3. James Christ? Was he a secret agent?

dav4463
04-22-2003, 12:07 AM
Have you noticed that most women don't "get" The Three Stooges either ?!!