PDA

View Full Version : Free PP's et al for Tampa Tuesday Race 6-8

DeanT
04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Pick three target: Race 6 through 8.

Free stuff, thanks to CJ and trackmaster!

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/2009/04/target-tampa-tuesday-race-6-pick-3-free.html

BillW
04-05-2009, 09:26 PM
I would like to add that Tampa has a nice 20% takeout (relatively speaking) on their pick 3's. Only HOU, RET, CD, and Kee have better.

eqitec
04-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Hope this helps.

DeanT
04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
thanks eq!

DeanT
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I just added a link to Jeff's neat trainer and rider reports for Tampa. They have a ton of information, and if you are interested in speed riders, fts riders, and trainers with similar categories it is a read that is worth it.

Cangamble
04-06-2009, 10:34 AM
On Tampa Bay pick 3's HPI only pays off 93.75% of the real amount.

I am hesitant throwing this out there, but HANA is all about awareness, and we should let our Canadian HPI members know the scoop ahead of time.

BillW
04-06-2009, 10:39 AM
On Tampa Bay pick 3's HPI only pays off 93.75% of the real amount.

I am hesitant throwing this out there, but HANA is all about awareness, and we should let our Canadian HPI members know the scoop ahead of time.

Is this on every wager at every track?

Cangamble
04-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Is this on every wager at every track?
No, just on certain wagers. For example, last year they ramped up the takeout on Ellis Park Win 4's to 25% or more.

It is outrageous. It costs them the same to take a $2 win bet where they pay off the same (actually better than most jurisdictions because they break to the nickel not the dime).

Their argument is this from their website:
Why might payoffs on some pools differ from that of the host?
Since some U.S. tracks have extraordinarily low takeout rates :bang::bang::bang: on some pools (e.g. Triactors, Superfectas) that do not accommodate the high mandatory deductions in Canada, WEG will use a minimum of 25% for the total takeout on these pools. This is a very common rate that is used by other U.S. tracks.

DeanT
04-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Thorograph sheets are up on the blog for those who want to try them.

trying2win
04-06-2009, 04:14 PM
What? No free TSN Past Performance data file for Tampa on this day to use in my computer handicapping program? :)

T2W

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Imriledup
04-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Bettors in California can't bet races on Mon or Tuesday as all the tracks are closed. (cali is not like other states, they don't open 7 days a week and take simo when there's no live racing)

Try and have a buycott race next time on a weds-Sunday so Calif bettors with no phone/internet accounts can participate.

highnote
04-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Bettors in California can't bet races on Mon or Tuesday as all the tracks are closed. (cali is not like other states, they don't open 7 days a week and take simo when there's no live racing)

Try and have a buycott race next time on a weds-Sunday so Calif bettors with no phone/internet accounts can participate.

Just curious, are other forms of legal gambling available on Mon and Tue?

Imriledup
04-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Just curious, are other forms of legal gambling available on Mon and Tue?

Good question, i'm not sure. I'm guessing you can buy lottery tickets.

there's some law that says there can only be X amount of simo races per week. I guess the thinking is that the less out of state races available to waqer on, the more likely it is that the bettors will spend their money on the live product.

No reason for SA, HOL and other tracks in the state to not take a bevy of tracks on Mondays and Tuesdays. There's really no overhead, its just free money for the state.

But, then again, Calif is broke, so they have absolutely no idea what they are doing in the first place, so why would they know to open their tracks up when there's no live racing.

DanG
04-07-2009, 07:47 AM
I would like to add that Tampa has a nice 20% takeout (relatively speaking) on their pick 3's. Only HOU, RET, CD, and Kee have better.
BTW: They are also 18% (below the national avg) on their new rolling DDís; but donít let that distract the HANA membership from the target race / bet! :ThmbUp:

BillW
04-07-2009, 10:09 AM

Are the ADW's shut off too?

parshooter
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Would they also do this on Pick 3's at HOU, Ret, CD, etc. ?

Cangamble
04-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Would they also do this on Pick 3's at HOU, Ret, CD, etc. ?
They do it on all sorts of bets that fall under the 25% takeout level. I don't think they take Ret though.
But they ramped up the Ellis Pick 4 to 25% when everyone else was getting 4% last year, and when Laurel decided to do the 12% trial, HPI didn't have Laurel on the menu.

BUD
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Wow I'm sorry--Being involved in Ptics---We had the Blue Laws---Bob older than I can tell you how far in the dark ages we were---Even the Liquor stores were call Package stores..Because it was illegal to have a bottle even never opened in puplic----So they would put the booze in bags etc- Package store name was born.

These antiquated laws do no good---Best would be to have one session when they go to the capital and erase these sh1t laws.

Back to the P3 sorry

cj
04-07-2009, 03:40 PM
No luck with the $71 winner, but the $35 winner looked very good on my figures.