PDA

View Full Version : How could this happen? Two horses, same name.

thoroughbred
04-20-2003, 04:11 PM
In today's 7th race at Santa Anita, there are two horses with the same name. At least according to both You Bet, and BRIS.

The 4 and 5 horses are both named STRATUS.

I thought there were rigid rules in place when it comes to the naming of thoroughbreds.

SAL
04-20-2003, 04:17 PM
Yeah, wonder how Trevor's going to call this one!

sjk
04-20-2003, 04:19 PM
It is because of horses from other countries with the same name as US bred horses. I have a list of 20 duplicate names I watch out for (e.g. Out of Mind is in the 10 at SA; there is another Out of Mind that runs at Tdn).

I'm sure there are some that I have not caught. If anyone has a comprehensive list of names which are currently used by more than one horse, I would be very interested to see it.

anotherdave
04-20-2003, 05:22 PM
In harness here, they add a letter. If the horse is from Australia it is called Crappy Trotter A. If it is from new Zealand they call it Crappy Trotter N. If from North America, it is just plain Crappy Trotter.

AD

Dave Schwartz
04-20-2003, 06:13 PM
We ran into this a few years ago. As SJK stated, the problem is foreign shippers.

Eventually, the Jockey Club will name the foreign horse Stratus II (or Stratus III or Stratus XVII) and maybe they already have.

It just did not get into the DRF data yet.

I recall a horse from the mid 1990's - Ferdinand... Not THE Ferdinand, but a Ferdinand just the same. Eventually he became Ferdinand III, but my database was totally screwed up. It took a lot of programming for me to overcome THAT one.

But what a coincidence to have them both entered in the same race.

Dave

cj
04-20-2003, 06:30 PM
This has rendered the Formulator file un-usable, it won't open due to a duplication error! Make sure to demand your money back. Also, DRF never provided a final edition for Gulfstream Park today.

CJ

Tom
04-20-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
This has rendered the Formulator file un-usable, it won't open due to a duplication error! Make sure to demand your money back. Also, DRF never provided a final edition for Gulfstream Park today.

CJ

Sheez, CJ, it's a holiday. They'll have it up by Tuesday, latest!

plainolebill
04-20-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski

CJ

So that's what it was! Didn't have any effect on the bris comma delimited file I downloaded. I bet the Stratus that ran second but didn't bother to back it up with an exacta with the winner (favorite). Been the story for several weeks now, brain fog.

Suff
04-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Tom@HTR
Sheez, CJ, it's a holiday. They'll have it up by Tuesday, latest!

Tom ....Think about this though. How Crazy is it that DRF puts files up on thier WWW site...That they don't try? Would'nt the very first step after you complete putting together the PP's is open them and Make sure the work? Its Called quality Control.

But this is so Basic......before you post the File. Insure that it works? lol......Its so Funny.

I called Customer service today at 12:45. I said

Your Gulf card is the early edition...that goes up on Friday. Its now Sunday. Where is the Final edition?

They could'nt answer me. And they did'nt know if they were going to put up the Final edition. Why? Because DRF outsources its customer service. They're not actually DRF. So when the DRF NY office is closed they have no way of actually servicing you. The real reason they are there is to answer the phone and pull your chain. Or take your credit card for somethiing they sell.

Now,,,Most racing fans,,,,play the races on Sat and Sun. So it baffles me that DRF is Unavailable to rectify issues on the weekends. Its like a Bank that can't give you a balance during Business hours. Racing is Conducted Primarily on Sat and Sun between 1-9pm. How can DRF not make itself available during these times.

The Santa Anita Card

It was corrupt and would'nt open. I called back about that. They could'nt answer ONE SINGLE question about it. They could only confirm what I called to tell them. Here's thier Idea of Service

Me: "The Santa Anita File is Corrput it will not open"

Them: "Yes The file is Bad and isn't working"

Me "Yes I know.....I just told you that.... When will it be fixed

Them "We don't know"

Me "If you don't know,,who does"

funny stuff. Drf has no idea when the product they sold will be replaced or repaired. Its not actually DRF thats why. Its some company DRF hires to pull my chain. Or take my credit Card.

Refund

I said,,,I want a credit for the card. Guess what..they can't give credits. They have to e-mail the REAL DRF company and ask for them to give you the credit. What a joke.

They can't answer any questions,,,,they can't solve any issues...and they can't even credit your account for a simple Dollar. Marc at DRF can tallk about reengineering all he wants...but the real issue is the level of arrogance at DRF.

Where I come from..when you take money from someone for a product that does'nt exist...ITS CALLED FRAUD!!

What really makes me mad...is last week....I bought 180 cards for 149 bucks. Now I'm locked in to these clowns.

The 2nd person I talked to kept Calling me "Sir"...its just a joke.... All I want is the racing card for Santa and Gulf...Save all the FLUFF for someone who buys that Sir Crap.....I just want the card....I don't want to be Pacified and Sir'd into ignoring the facts...

You don't have what you sold me
You have no knowledge if it will be replaced
You have no knowledge if it will be repaired in time to play.
You have no ability to refund my Purchase.

So what service are they actually Providing me?

Somehow...I'm going to track down someone that Matters in the NY office of DRF,,,,and I'm going to get a hold of him and Give him a piece of my Mind.

PaceAdvantage
04-21-2003, 01:17 AM
I find it impossible to believe that nobody is working in the main DRF offices on Saturday and Sunday (ESPECIALLY SATURDAY).

As a matter of fact, I would bet a substantial amount of money that there were more than a few people working that day who could have helped you out....

Suff
04-21-2003, 01:43 AM
I'm off tommorrow...Patriots day in Suffolk County....

I'm intent on tracking down some answers. I'll let you know.

Are you saying that you find it Impossible to believe because you would find that amazing? Or because you are familiar with thier operation.

Pa...Your Famaliar with FTP'ing Files up to a server right? How hard would it be to FTP the Final Version of Gulf? Or an amended version of Santa Anita? If I had thier FTP password I could do right here from My Desktop.

I find it equally hard to believe that they could learn early in the Day that the Gulf file was Missing and the Santa Anita file was corrput and someone just could'nt FTP the gulf file to the server and edit Santa File and repost it? Its a minor task.

Considering they post early editions and Final editions for 5 to 25 tracks a day...I have to assume they have a streamlined Process for uploading files.

And assuming you are right,, that someone was there...and the process is more involved than I am assuming it is,,,,They would at least have "Concrete" answers about whats wrong and when and if they will fix it.

But as you can see from others postings...I just did'nt get some Nit Wit at the customer service center. I talked to three people..all three had no answers of substance.

Suff
04-21-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I find it impossible to believe that nobody is working in the main DRF offices on Saturday and Sunday (ESPECIALLY SATURDAY).

DRF outsources thier Customer service,,,Matter Of fact DRF outsources Thier Internet Forum as well. Thier Horse Racing Message board isn't even run by them. Its run by this Company

http://www.prospero.com

Go there click on "Clients"....You'll see DRF listed right there.

When you are working with these people,,,You working with a contracter Hired by DRF to run all these things for them.

midnight
04-21-2003, 02:35 AM
Lately, Equibase (and the Jockey Club, I imagine) have been labelling all horses by the state, province, or country they're foaled in. Today's Stratuses were officially named Stratus (Fr) and Stratus (Arg), meaning that they come from France and Argentina. I would think that the official names of the horses would include the foaling origin if not from the United States or Canada. The DRF must have missed this one.

Pace Cap'n
04-21-2003, 09:04 AM
Maybe part of a Geroge Foreman entry?

Steve

Marc At DRF
04-21-2003, 10:36 AM
It doesn't take much to get my man Sufferin' hot, and a bad file and outsourced customer service with Sufferin' on the other end of the phone is not a good combination!

A) Yes, we'll credit anyone's account who bought the file with 3 free files; sorry about the hassle.
B) No, sorry, customer service doesn't have the ability to credit you right then and there, Suff. It takes time-- our e-commerce isn't something that outsourced customer service can access so easily. Relax. It's 1 file. We'll take care of you.
C) Yes, there is indeed QA in-house that knew that file was screwed up, but the way Formulator works (currently) is a more automated posting system in which we've gotta catch stuff as it happens. Once in a while, there will be a mistake on the earliest files that are posted to the site, then they're corrected within an hour or two. In this case, it was a stickier problem. As far as I know, there wasn't a posting on the site informing customers of the issue-- this is a mistake for which I apologize. I'm sure our guys thought they were moments away from fixing it all along, but by Saturday, there should have been some note on the file.
D) I am hearing that the early Formulator file (avail Fri night) on this day was fine, but the later version was messed up. Obviously, we should have reverted back to the earlier version.
E) If for any reason you don't get credited the 3 cards by Friday, please let me know.

Other questions, ask away.

Suff
04-21-2003, 10:58 AM
You can shoot me..Stab me, or hit me upside the head with a Baseball bat........None of that Bothers me. But when you mess with my Past Performances........you got your hands full.

Plus Yesterday was a bad day....Had a headache all day and was in one of my "the world sucks" moods.

Marc At DRF
04-21-2003, 11:02 AM
Addendum--

Yes, the source for the problem is at the fore of this thread-- the two horses with the same name.

cj
04-21-2003, 12:08 PM
Marc,

I already knew that, see earlier post, can I go to the head of the class?

:):):)

CJ

Suff
04-21-2003, 12:12 PM
Marc...

I just spent 20 minutes on the Phone with Mandy Minger. I managed to track her down by Cell Phone in an Airport, Somewhere in Ohio. What a wonderful Lady. Really Gracious and Pleasant. I ran my Beef by Her and we talked about the Schematic of the DRF Customer service.

The Outsourced DRF customer service does in fact have access to HQ in NY...and in this case should have been in Contact with who ever was covering Easter Weekend. I told her..That your always very Helpful and out here on Pace taking it on the Chin week in and week out like a trooper. And that you do a great Job.

Mandy Minger - Vice President of Marketing

Mandy Minger, vice president of marketing, has been with Daily Racing Form since 1992.

She began her career in Thoroughbred racing as a groom at Philadelphia Park in 1986. She worked as publicity assistant at the Atlantic City Race Course from 1987-1991. In 1991, she joined The Racing Times as marketing assistant and, following the publication's closing, moved to DRF as marketing coordinator in 1992. She has held various positions including promotions manager, director of promotions and public relations, and director of marketing before assuming her current position in 2000.

In 1999, she was appointed Chairman of the NTRA's Fan Education Task Force and actively contributes to the national marketing efforts of the NTRA. She has been a guest speaker at the University of Arizona's Race Track Industry Program, has been profiled in Horseplayer Magazine's "Women in Racing" series and is a member of the Turf Publicists of America.

She earned a B.A. degree in Literature from Richard Stockton State College in Pomona, N.J., where she was sports editor of her college newspaper. She is based in New York City and resides in Jersey City.

cj
04-21-2003, 12:20 PM
Careful suff,

They have those "stalker" laws you know!

:D:D :D

CJ

Suff
04-21-2003, 12:40 PM
Yes I know....But My last two cases I walked out of the courtroom

"Innocent on the Grounds Of Insanity"

MV McKee
04-21-2003, 03:37 PM
The MILLENIUM.mdb that the Formulator files load into is really designed strangely.
In some tables, horses have an additional FD/Breed code associated with them, to allow the program to differentiate between horses with the same name. But in other tables, this code is missing. There is at least one instance of a the same name being shared by 3 horses (the aforementioned Stratus). This is accomodated for by the additional FD code of "G".

STRATUS ARG
STRATUS FR
STRATUS NA

I am not certain why the FD field is not included with all tables where horse name is a part of the Primary Key, but it would be a foreseeable oversight since it is rare that 2 horses with the same name would be entered in the same race.
The bigger problem is if you use the HorseNotes or TripNotes feature. Those tables do not include the FD code either, and it is likely that 2 horses with the same name could race on the same day (TripNotes) and even more likely that you could have HorseNotes for both horses sharing a name.

In response to the earlier request, I have 89 horses sharing names in my Db. Please see attached.

sjk
04-21-2003, 03:43 PM
The attachment did not come through. I would appreciate having it if there is a way to get it to me. Thanks.

MV McKee
04-21-2003, 03:50 PM
I couldn't get the attachment to work, so here goes, this is going to be ugly..

"ACHILLES","GB","F"
"ACHILLES","NA","D"
"ADJUTANT","GB","F"
"ADJUTANT","NA","D"
"ADVANTAGE","CHI","F"
"ADVANTAGE","NA","D"
"ALLURING","IRE","F"
"ALLURING","NA","D"
"APPLE JUICE","ARG","F"
"APPLE JUICE","NA","D"
"ARMSTRONG","GER","F"
"ARMSTRONG","NA","D"
"AZILLION","IRE","F"
"AZILLION","NA","D"
"BARRISTER","IRE","F"
"BARRISTER","NA","D"
"BIG SHOT","ARG","F"
"BIG SHOT","NA","D"
"BING BANG","FR","F"
"BING BANG","NA","D"
"BLACK SILK","GB","F"
"BLACK SILK","NA","D"
"BODYGUARD","GB","F"
"BODYGUARD","NA","D"
"BOLDINI","IRE","F"
"BOLDINI","MEX","F"
"BREAKING NEWS","GB","F"
"BREAKING NEWS","NA","D"
"CASIMIR","IRE","F"
"CASIMIR","NA","D"
"CHARIOT","CHI","F"
"CHARIOT","NA","D"
"CLASSMATE","ARG","F"
"CLASSMATE","NA","D"
"COTTAGE","ARG","F"
"COTTAGE","NA","D"
"COURTESAN","GB","F"
"COURTESAN","NA","D"
"DANDY DANCER","GB","F"
"DANDY DANCER","NA","D"
"DOUBLE PLATINUM","GB","F"
"DOUBLE PLATINUM","NA","D"
"EL BUENO","GB","F"
"EL BUENO","NA","D"
"EVENING PROMISE","GB","F"
"EVENING PROMISE","NA","D"
"EZRA","IRE","F"
"EZRA","NA","D"
"FELON","IRE","F"
"FELON","NA","D"
"FIRST OF MANY","MEX","F"
"FIRST OF MANY","NA","D"
"FLAG DAY","JPN","F"
"FLAG DAY","NA","D"
"FLICK","GB","F"
"FLICK","NA","D"
"FOCUS","GB","F"
"FOCUS","NA","D"
"FOREIGN ACCENT","GB","F"
"FOREIGN ACCENT","NA","D"
"FRANCO","MEX","F"
"FRANCO","NA","D"
"FRONTIER JUSTICE","IRE","F"
"FRONTIER JUSTICE","NA","D"
"GHOST DANCE","IRE","F"
"GHOST DANCE","NA","D"
"GOLAN","IRE","F"
"GOLAN","NA","D"
"GOLD CONNECTION","FR","F"
"GOLD CONNECTION","NA","D"
"GRAND","IRE","F"
"GRAND","NA","D"
"GREEN EYED LADY","GB","F"
"GREEN EYED LADY","NA","D"
"GYRFALCON","GB","F"
"GYRFALCON","NA","D"
"INCITATUS","BAR","F"
"INCITATUS","NA","D"
"JALISCO","IRE","F"
"JALISCO","NA","D"
"JAZZ BEAT","IRE","F"
"JAZZ BEAT","NA","D"
"KARSAVINA","IRE","F"
"KARSAVINA","NA","D"
"LANDSEER","GB","F"
"LANDSEER","NA","D"
"LITTLE ITALY","IRE","F"
"LITTLE ITALY","NA","D"
"MARINE","GB","F"
"MARINE","NA","D"
"MARRON GLACE","ARG","F"
"MARRON GLACE","NA","D"
"MATLOCK","IRE","F"
"MATLOCK","NA","D"
"MAUMEE","IRE","F"
"MAUMEE","NA","D"
"MEDIA MOGUL","GB","F"
"MEDIA MOGUL","NA","D"
"MIU MIU","AUS","F"
"MIU MIU","NA","D"
"MODERN ART","ARG","F"
"MODERN ART","NA","D"
"NOT FOR ME","ARG","F"
"NOT FOR ME","NA","D"
"NOW VOYAGER","NA","D"
"NOW VOYAGER","NZ","F"
"OUT OF MIND","BRZ","F"
"OUT OF MIND","NA","D"
"PAGLIACCI","GB","F"
"PAGLIACCI","NA","D"
"PAINTER","ARG","F"
"PAINTER","NA","D"
"PATROL","CHI","F"
"PATROL","NA","D"
"PAVILLON","BRZ","F"
"PAVILLON","NA","D"
"PEDRO","IRE","F"
"PEDRO","NA","D"
"PICKET","CHI","F"
"PICKET","NA","D"
"PROSE","IRE","F"
"PROSE","NA","D"
"RAPADASH","IRE","F"
"RAPADASH","NA","D"
"REFINE","ARG","F"
"REFINE","NA","D"
"RICO SUAVE","IRE","F"
"RICO SUAVE","NA","D"
"RIOT","GB","F"
"RIOT","NA","D"
"ROAD TO JUSTICE","GB","F"
"ROAD TO JUSTICE","NA","D"
"SEEK","GB","F"
"SEEK","NA","D"
"SELECT FEW","GB","F"
"SELECT FEW","NA","D"
"SHADOW CREEK","IRE","F"
"SHADOW CREEK","NA","D"
"SIR HOWARD","AUS","F"
"SIR HOWARD","NA","D"
"SONIA","GER","F"
"SONIA","NA","D"
"SPANISH SPUR","GB","F"
"SPANISH SPUR","NA","D"
"SPEED TRIAL","GB","F"
"SPEED TRIAL","NA","D"
"SPEEDING STAR","ARG","F"
"SPEEDING STAR","NA","D"
"SPICY GIRL","FR","F"
"SPICY GIRL","NA","D"
"STAGE CALL","IRE","F"
"STAGE CALL","NA","D"
"STORM DREAM","IRE","F"
"STORM DREAM","NA","D"
"STRATUS","ARG","F"
"STRATUS","FR","F"
"STRATUS","NA","D"
"STRAWBERRY BLONDE","IRE","F"
"STRAWBERRY BLONDE","NA","D"
"SURYA","ARG","F"
"SURYA","NA","D"
"TANGLE","IRE","F"
"TANGLE","NA","D"
"TIMES SQUARE","GB","F"
"TIMES SQUARE","NA","D"
"VENATOR","FR","F"
"VENATOR","NA","D"
"VIVACITY","NA","D"
"VIVACITY","NZ","F"
"WALLACE","GB","F"
"WALLACE","NA","D"
"WARSAW GIRL","IRE","F"
"WARSAW GIRL","NA","D"
"WATER SKI","ARG","F"
"WATER SKI","NA","D"
"WHITE HOT","GB","F"
"WHITE HOT","NA","D"
"WITHOUT DOUBT","IRE","F"
"WITHOUT DOUBT","NA","D"

PaceAdvantage
04-22-2003, 01:59 AM
I have to moderate all attachments (ie. check for viruses)....it should be up in a matter of moments, but I guess it's too late anyway....

==PA

MV McKee
05-23-2004, 01:45 AM
I was asked to post an updated list of duplicate horse names.
Not allowed to attach .txt files, so here goes the list.

HorseName HorseCountryCode
ACHILLES GB
ACHILLES NA
ADJUTANT GB
ADJUTANT NA
ADVANTAGE CHI
ADVANTAGE NA
ALLURING IRE
ALLURING NA
AMBITIOUS NA
AMBITIOUS NZ
AMERICAN JEWEL NA
AMERICAN JEWEL NZ
ANJA IRE
ANJA NA
APPLE JUICE ARG
APPLE JUICE NA
APPROACH GB
APPROACH NA
ARMSTRONG GER
ARMSTRONG NA
AZILLION IRE
AZILLION NA
BARRISTER IRE
BARRISTER NA
BIG SHOT ARG
BIG SHOT NA
BING BANG FR
BING BANG NA
BLACK SILK GB
BLACK SILK NA
BOCELLI IRE
BOCELLI NA
BODYGUARD GB
BODYGUARD NA
BOLDINI IRE
BOLDINI MEX
BREAKING NEWS GB
BREAKING NEWS NA
BRIGHT SKY IRE
BRIGHT SKY NA
BUILT TO LAST BRZ
BUILT TO LAST NA
CAMACHO NA
CAMACHO NZ
CANNED HEAT NA
CANNED HEAT NZ
CASIMIR IRE
CASIMIR NA
CHARIOT CHI
CHARIOT NA
CHARMING BOY ARG
CHARMING BOY NA
CHIANTI IRE
CHIANTI NA
CHIMING IRE
CHIMING NA
CLASSMATE ARG
CLASSMATE NA
COTTAGE ARG
COTTAGE NA
COURTESAN GB
COURTESAN NA
DANDY DANCER GB
DANDY DANCER NA
DONIZETTI IRE
DONIZETTI NA
DOUBLE PLATINUM GB
DOUBLE PLATINUM NA
DOWNUNDERTHUNDER GB
DOWNUNDERTHUNDER NA
EASY APPROVAL NA
EASY APPROVAL PER
EL BUENO GB
EL BUENO NA
ERIN GO BRAGH NA
ERIN GO BRAGH NZ
EYES WIDE OPEN FR
EYES WIDE OPEN NA
EZRA IRE
EZRA NA
FABULOUS GROOM FR
FABULOUS GROOM NA
FALCONER IRE
FALCONER NA
FELON IRE
FELON NA
FIRST OF MANY MEX
FIRST OF MANY NA
FIVE ROADS IRE
FIVE ROADS NA
FLAG DAY JPN
FLAG DAY NA
FLICK GB
FLICK NA
FLINCH GB
FLINCH NA
FOCUS GB
FOCUS NA
FOREIGN ACCENT GB
FOREIGN ACCENT NA
FRANCE GB
FRANCE NA
FRANCO MEX
FRANCO NA
FRONTIER JUSTICE IRE
FRONTIER JUSTICE NA
GENTLE MAGIC GB
GENTLE MAGIC NA
GERONIMO CHI
GERONIMO NA
GHOST DANCE IRE
GHOST DANCE NA
GOLAN IRE
GOLAN NA
GOLD CONNECTION FR
GOLD CONNECTION NA
GOLDEN DRAGON FR
GOLDEN DRAGON GB
GRAND IRE
GRAND NA
GREEN EYED LADY GB
GREEN EYED LADY NA
GYRFALCON GB
GYRFALCON NA
HALO HUNTER ARG
HALO HUNTER NA
HOST CHI
HOST NA
IBERIAN ARG
IBERIAN NA
INCITATUS BAR
INCITATUS NA
INDIAN PROSPECTOR FR
INDIAN PROSPECTOR NA
JALISCO IRE
JALISCO NA
JAZZ BEAT IRE
JAZZ BEAT NA
JOE BEAR IRE
JOE BEAR NA
KAHLO MEX
KAHLO NA
KARSAVINA IRE
KARSAVINA NA
KING OF THE BLUES NA
KING OF THE BLUES NZ
KINGDOM COME IRE
KINGDOM COME NA
LANDSEER GB
LANDSEER NA
LITHIUM AUS
LITHIUM NA
LOGGER ARG
LOGGER NA
MAMBO DANCER CHI
MAMBO DANCER NA
MARINE GB
MARINE NA
MATLOCK IRE
MATLOCK NA
MAUMEE IRE
MAUMEE NA
MEDIA MOGUL GB
MEDIA MOGUL NA
MIU MIU AUS
MIU MIU NA
MODERN ART ARG
MODERN ART NA
MR. LEWIS NA
MR. LEWIS PER
NATIONAL PARK CHI
NATIONAL PARK GB
NORTHERN QUEST FR
NORTHERN QUEST NA
NOT FOR ME ARG
NOT FOR ME NA
NOW VOYAGER NA
NOW VOYAGER NZ
OUT OF MIND BRZ
OUT OF MIND NA
PAGLIACCI GB
PAGLIACCI NA
PAINTER ARG
PAINTER NA
PATROL CHI
PATROL NA
PAVILLON BRZ
PAVILLON NA
PEDRO IRE
PEDRO NA
PHAEDRA IRE
PHAEDRA NA
PICKET CHI
PICKET NA
PREEMINENCE JPN
PREEMINENCE NA
PROSE IRE
PROSE NA
PUMA IRE
PUMA NA
RAISE A STORM IRE
RAISE A STORM NA
RAPADASH IRE
RAPADASH NA
RED BRIAR IRE
RED BRIAR NA
REFINE ARG
REFINE NA
REFUSE TO BEND IRE
REFUSE TO BEND NA
RICO SUAVE IRE
RICO SUAVE NA
RIOT GB
RIOT NA
RIVIERA FR
RIVIERA NA
ROAD TO JUSTICE GB
ROAD TO JUSTICE NA
SEEK GB
SEEK NA
SELECT FEW GB
SELECT FEW NA
SEVEN HEARTS ARG
SEVEN HEARTS NA
SHADOW CREEK IRE
SHADOW CREEK NA
SIR HOWARD AUS
SIR HOWARD NA
SOCIAL GRACES IRE
SOCIAL GRACES NA
SONIA GER
SONIA NA
SPANISH SPUR GB
SPANISH SPUR NA
SPEED TRIAL GB
SPEED TRIAL NA
SPEEDING STAR ARG
SPEEDING STAR NA
STAGE CALL IRE
STAGE CALL NA
STATEMENT IRE
STATEMENT NA
STORM DREAM IRE
STORM DREAM NA
STRATUS ARG
STRATUS FR
STRATUS NA
STRAWBERRY BLONDE IRE
STRAWBERRY BLONDE NA
SUMMER SYMPHONY IRE
SUMMER SYMPHONY NA
SURYA ARG
SURYA NA
TANGLE IRE
TANGLE NA
TAPATIO ARG
TAPATIO NA
TEMPEST GB
TEMPEST NA
TIMES SQUARE GB
TIMES SQUARE NA
TOP GLORY FR
TOP GLORY NA
TRADEMARK NA
TRADEMARK SAF
TRIPLE GOLD IRE
TRIPLE GOLD NA
VANILLA SKY IRE
VANILLA SKY NA
VENATOR FR
VENATOR NA
VIVACITY NA
VIVACITY NZ
WALLACE GB
WALLACE NA
WARSAW GIRL IRE
WARSAW GIRL NA
WATER SKI ARG
WATER SKI NA
WHITE HOT GB
WHITE HOT NA
WILD SPIRIT CHI
WILD SPIRIT NA
WINNING FEVER AUS
WINNING FEVER NA
WITHOUT DOUBT IRE
WITHOUT DOUBT NA

BillW
05-23-2004, 01:58 AM
Point Given took the show spot at Los Alamitos tonite. Guess he's not what he used to be. :eek:

sjk
05-23-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks for this valuable information.

Tom
05-23-2004, 10:15 AM
What was his "Beyer?" :rolleyes:

sjk
01-24-2005, 02:23 PM
Discovered in time that the Manipulator runnning at FG is not the same one who has been running elsewhere.

Anyone have an updated list of duplicate horses?

CryingForTheHorses
01-24-2005, 06:20 PM
It is because of horses from other countries with the same name as US bred horses. I have a list of 20 duplicate names I watch out for (e.g. Out of Mind is in the 10 at SA; there is another Out of Mind that runs at Tdn).

I'm sure there are some that I have not caught. If anyone has a comprehensive list of names which are currently used by more than one horse, I would be very interested to see it.

Back in the earl 80's in NY Scotty Schulhofer trained A filly called Moving In Sound, There was another Moving in Sound running abroad for the same owner with the same name. He also had 2 other fillies running in the 2 countries called Walking In Rythm..