PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs Selections - Sun., April 5th

JohnnyBatTBD
04-05-2009, 10:58 AM
Prime Wager Results.14-33 (42%) -$6.60(14-3-6) (67% ITM)
Soft Wager Results....19-62 (31%) -$12.20 (19-14-7) (65% ITM)

On Saturday:
My soft wager in the 5th, Scolara, finished 2nd.
My prime wager in the 6th, Anythingyouwant, took a bad step and was pulled up on the backstretch.
My soft wager in the 8th, Hypocrite, was out of the money.

Among my contenders only selections:

My 3rd race $12 exacta box returned $12.00,
My 5th race $4 saver exacta returned $26.00,
I had the winner of the 7th, Fearless Eagle, $10.80,
I had the winner of the 10th, Paradise Dancer, $4.40, and
My 12th race $2 saver exacta returned $21.00.

So it goes...

Sunday’s selections at http://www.thetbdhandicapper.com/ :

1st – Contenders Only (C) – Fort Knox (4) gave way after setting fast early fractions in last. Had best fig in the field in that one. Cruz remains hot. Fort Knox is 11-12 ITM at the Downs and had 10 win and place efforts last year. Uno Way Calle (5) comes right back off the McCarthy claim. She had two Up In Class winners off-the-claim in L2T. Straight is hot and Uno Way Calle sheds 11lbs. with Straight in the irons. Win (4), Saver Exacta 5/4 and Trifectas 4,5/1,2,3/4,5

2nd – Contenders Only (C) – Alkmene (2) comes rightback for Brnjas and she wins 25% rightback. Alkmene has been ITM in 5 of last 6 dirt routes and has a nice clean record. Levy Light (4) comes rightback for K’OC and she is 50% ITM with Up In Class + Shorten Up angle. Carrtune Express (1) graduates from the N3L condition and moves in with the big girls. Doesn’t seem likely despite an above par effort in last. Win (2), Saver Exactas 4/2 and Trifectas 2/All/4

3rd - Contenders Only (C) – Master Speak (5) bid three wide and weakened in first try at the maiden claiming level. Had the best fig in the field in last. Ness/Centeno team has 19 wins this season. Win (5), Saver Exactas 4,6/5 and Trifectas 5/All/4,6

4th – Contenders Only (C) – Dixie Pipe (4) has been ITM in 17 of last 23. He was boxed in the turn in last, then made up some ground late. Dale Bennett wins 28% (ITM 68%) on the stretchout. Welcome Back (10) has hit bottom and Ness wins 33% (62% ITM) with 2L1-3s. Gonzalez has the return call. Win (4), Saver Exacta 10/4 and Trifectas 4,10/2,3,7,8/4,10

5th – Contenders Only (C) – Sweetsouthernstar (2) had only above par fig in last (54) and three of last four figs were better than all of these except for Morning Mist (5) who won in debut with a sub-par 44. Morning Mist may not have shown us all her cards in maiden win but odds are against. Win (2), Saver Exacta 5/2 and Trifectas 2,5/6,9/2,5,6,9

6th – Contenders Only (C) – City Way (6) had sub-12 final fraction in debut and adds blinkers today. Mott wins 30% (60% ITM) on the turf at Tampa. Montalvo, a leading turf rider has the call. Clement is 63% Win or Place at the Downs this season and What a Trouper (1) has Centeno in the irons. What a Trouper’s dam has two turf winners. Victoria Oliver and Greg Griffith have FTS winners this season. Win (6), Saver Exacta 9/6 and Trifectas 6/1,7,9,10/1,7,9,10

7th – Contenders Only (C) – Sourpower (2) had three solid efforts while moving up in class before trying the grass in last. Comes back to the dirt and drops to rock bottom. Criollo is usually trying on the drop (44% ITM). Shot Gun Cliff (1) had two good efforts at the route earlier this season and he showed something in last two sprints. Judge Kelly (6) had only three starts on the dirt and drops to rock bottom today. He hasn’t shown himself to be a chronic loser on the dirt so he gets a chance here. Win (2), Saver Exactas 1,6/2 and Trifectas 1,2,3/4,6,8/1,2,3

8th – Contenders Only (B) – Couple Whiles (1) had a sub-12 final fraction in last and races at this level for only the second time in a year. Was beaten in last by chalky GP invader Talented Princess. The veteran campaigner still hast it and will have something left for a big late run. Glen Wilding (2) goes for Delacour and she is second only to Clement in turf wins this year. Centeno has ridden 5 of her 10 winners. Gator’s Tracks (8) had above par figs in last four and Handy had a turf winner with Velez in the irons last season. Exacta Key Box 1/2,8 and Trifectas 1,2,8/3,7/1,2,8

9th – Contenders Only (D) – Ocala Girl (2) had best figs in last two and drops for Navarro. HVG sticks. Straight Lady Luck (3) wakes up on the drop and adds Centeno. Little Freebie (5) drops to the bottom after showing something as a 4YO, but Anderson has no long layoff wins and the drop to rock bottom does not inspire confidence. Win (2), Saver Exactas 3,5/2 and Trifectas 2,3/4,5,6,10/2,3

10th – Contenders Only (B) – Hurricane Tiger (4) is 4-4 ITM on the grass this year. Griffith has seven turf winners this year. Montalvo has ridden 21-25 of Griffiths winners. Truly Amazing (7) had best final fraction in last and was satisfactory in both tries on the grass. Win (4), Saver Exacta 7/4 and DD 4/3

11th – Contenders Only (B) – Ness does his usual magic with Advice to Sinners (3) here. After being in the money in last four, Ness has the Layoff and Route-to-Sprint angles going and he wins 35% with L1-3s and 50% with Route-to-Sprints. Win (3), Saver Exactas 7,12/3 and Trifectas 3/8,9/7,12

Good luck and good racing!

Johnny B.