#5 STASH THE BOOTS
#8 SULTRY BIDDER

RACE 10
#1 MR LUMP
#6 SILVER ASSETT
TMP: #9 NEVERGIVEUPONADREAM

Pell Mell
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Question; When is the last time you had a winner? You are the kiss of death!

alsoranmike
04-05-2009, 04:26 PM

jeeze dude, it's not like he's claiming 85% boxcars or anything. I'm pretty sure he said he was putting up LOOONNNGG-shots. They don't win every time, at least for me.

On a side note, not so sure about the whole cartoon superhero thing he's got going on, but hey,... to each is own.

By all means, feel free to post your own value plays.

Chris Longshot
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Why do you keep viewing the thread then??? How would you even know if I had winners or losers??? the fact that your alluding to how many "winners" I have had is a statement that shows you have little understanding of my threads, Im not surprised. I would explain it to you but your only intention is a back and forth squabble, which frankly, I have no time for. And since you don't post picks yourself, except random statements and plays hidden in the general discussion thread you have zero credibility, though I will admit your political nonsense you spew is quite entertaining, if you enjoy debating so much, since your so into government and politics, go join CNN online, in the meantime, you can continue to post your nonsense but with no picks to view for all to see, I have a hard time taking you seriously dude as probably you do with me. Then again, don't post, your probably the type of guy that likes to post chalk filled picks then gloat cause you had a 2-1 winner. :)

dutchboy
04-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Check the results for Kee R9 today. #7 Aaron's Classic won and paid 34.80 which I believe was his top pick in the race.
Check the two horses he selected in the same race. They ran 1st and second and the exacta paid 715.20.

Not quite the kiss of death.

Chris Longshot
04-05-2009, 07:22 PM
jeeze dude, it's not like he's claiming 85% boxcars or anything. I'm pretty sure he said he was putting up LOOONNNGG-shots. They don't win every time, at least for me.

On a side note, not so sure about the whole cartoon superhero thing he's got going on, but hey,... to each is own.

By all means, feel free to post your own value plays.

Thanks for clarifying Mike, I do look for value, identifying what I believe to be live longshots and listing them in strength order, these aren't "selections" or "likely winners". Nor am I claiming to be anything not trying to prove anything, I make money that's what's important to me, in the meantime if I can give a live longshot that makes someone a big score all the better, analyzing someone picks is very subjective anyway, I get mostly positive feedback from people but hey you can't make everyone happy, anybody can list the obvious contenders in a race and be somewhat successful, some like Anderon are very successful and excellent at it, I like to offer something different, I post day in and day out for every race and for various tracks, generally using horses, which are easy throwouts for most, of course there will be days, many in fact, when they run backwards but who uses these blindly anyway, no ones says people have to use all my horses, players are going to use there own opinions anyway, its obvious, like this weekend for example, that I've been off, so be cautious with them, I'm definately streaky I will admit, if you are strictly concerned with the "win" end, this thread is as useless as Pell Mell's political views, obviously I think players who view the thread daily understand that using them "underneathe" in exotics is much more beneficial then on top, which obviously makes logical sense since these horses are going to post at ridiculous odds. This is what our friend Pell Mell doesn't seem to understand. He will continue to hit the ALL button in the 3rd and 4th spots of a tri or super, then again he probably doesn't play anyway.

The moniker means nothing mike, despite of the saying, I'm a very humble guy, whether I do well or bad, I never tout or gloat, this game is way too humbling, just thought it was cool there was a guy named LONGSHOT, I don't even know what an X Men is. Lastly, I would welcome Pell Mell to post his selections on my thread daily if he wants too, suprisingly to some, I would hope he does in fact have something positive to offer to the thread, because in this game, any insight and help is appreciated.

judd
04-05-2009, 07:26 PM
dont look then!

Chris Longshot
04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Check the results for Kee R9 today. #7 Aaron's Classic won and paid 34.80 which I believe was his top pick in the race.
Check the two horses he selected in the same race. They ran 1st and second and the exacta paid 715.20.

Not quite the kiss of death.

Thanks dutch, hope a few had it, by the looks of the payout and the field size it looked like it should have paid more, then again Im not an expert on payouts either, I'm a pretty honest and reflective guy, all in all it was a bad day for myself, a bad thread in all, I don't make excuses, just part of this crazy game, I don't have time to analyze my thread daily, like Obama said at his inauguration speech, you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again, that was for Pell Mell.:)

Pell Mell
04-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Actually, it was a joke. The reason for the joke is that every time you and I are on the same horse it loses. It's not that you don't get winners or I don't but I'll bet in the last few months we have been on the same horse at least 25 times and every one lost. "The kiss of death" is an old, old race track term that refers to just such a situation. Sorry, no offense meant, I was just trying to get a rise out of you.:blush:

Chris Longshot
04-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Actually, it was a joke. The reason for the joke is that every time you and I are on the same horse it loses. It's not that you don't get winners or I don't but I'll bet in the last few months we have been on the same horse at least 25 times and every one lost. "The kiss of death" is an old, old race track term that refers to just such a situation. Sorry, no offense meant, I was just trying to get a rise out of you.:blush:

Mission accomplished :bang: !! Fair enough Pell Mell, I guess I've been punked!!! :D If anything, I guess I clarified the way my longshots should be used, just not this weekend.

I noticed my longshots do much better when Im not betting and ironically also when less people view the thread.

dutchboy
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Program I use had the winner rated 3rd and the place horse rated 4th. The horse that came in 2nd was also rated as having the best early pace. Yesterday the two races at Keeneland with the big prices in the late pick 4 were won by the best early pace horse. Looking at the computer printout rating's of this race it probably paid more than it should have. The high morning line I assume scared off a lot of people and I am not sure why the morning lines on the two horses were so high.

Thanks dutch, hope a few had it, by the looks of the payout and the field size it looked like it should have paid more, then again Im not an expert on payouts either, I'm a pretty honest and reflective guy, all in all it was a bad day for myself, a bad thread in all, I don't make excuses, just part of this crazy game, I don't have time to analyze my thread daily, like Obama said at his inauguration speech, you got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again, that was for Pell Mell.:)

Chris Longshot
04-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Program I use had the winner rated 3rd and the place horse rated 4th. The horse that came in 2nd was also rated as having the best early pace. Yesterday the two races at Keeneland with the big prices in the late pick 4 were won by the best early pace horse. Looking at the computer printout rating's of this race it probably paid more than it should have. The high morning line I assume scared off a lot of people and I am not sure why the morning lines on the two horses were so high.

great info dutch, goes to show you how many players place a lot of emphasis on the morning line, something obviously I pay very little attention to, thanks again for the calculation, I was always bad at math.