PDA

View Full Version : PTC - File Upload / Dutching question

TampaJim
04-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Does anyone know for a fact that the Dutching feature that PTC offers (which is pretty cool), is available via the File Upload feature? The on-site documentation for the File Upload looks to have been written before Dutching was added.

I'd seriously like to have the ability to upload a file that basically says:

"Take this $20 and dutch it across the #2, #6, and #9 in the 3rd race at Hawthorne using real-time odds at 1 minute to post if I can get back a 50% ROI on the wager."

PTC in fact supports just that with it's manual Dutching interface. It seems to me that they SHOULD be able to accept the same wager via the File Upload but if they do, I haven't found the magic syntax.

Also, the File Upload doesn't (apparently) support all the tracks they've recently added (I'm guessing a table needs to be updated somewhere). Also, also, I've heard that in the File Upload you have to use "HAD" for Hawthorne even though everywhere else on the site it's "HAW".

I've sent an email to their info email address, but thought I'd ask here as well in order to maximize my chances of getting answers. (If I get an answer from them, I'll post it here).

Jim

spitthebit
04-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Jim,

If you have At The Races Pro, you should be able to accomplish this. The developer added a feature recently that creates a text file for dutched bets in the format that PTC specifies. It functions smoothly for me for non-conditional dutch bets. I hit "Print" on my ATR screen, and this automatically creates the text file. I then browse my machine for the file and submit directly to PTC's file upload platform. I can generate and submit an exacta dutch bet of up to 20 combinations to PTC file upload with just a few mouse clicks.

I don't know if he formatted it for conditional bets, but you could probably add whatever is needed manually to the text file to accomplish this.

rrbauer
04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Your example of a $20 bet spread with a specified ROI can be entered any time of the day once PTC is open for the track involved and will be considered when the race comes up using the parameters that you specify. I don't understand complicating the 30-second manual-entry process with a bet file.

Enlighten me.

GameTheory
04-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Your example of a $20 bet spread with a specified ROI can be entered any time of the day once PTC is open for the track involved and will be considered when the race comes up using the parameters that you specify. I don't understand complicating the 30-second manual-entry process with a bet file.

Enlighten me.A bet file could be spit out by a computer program in no time at all. (30 seconds) x (many dutch bets daily) really adds up, plus increases the possibility of input errors.

rrbauer
04-05-2009, 05:41 PM
A bet file could be spit out by a computer program in no time at all. (30 seconds) x (many dutch bets daily) really adds up, plus increases the possibility of input errors.

Obviously, if you're running a betting assembly line all being driven by some computer program being fed by a tote stream (when it's up and running) then you're right. Making exacta dutch bets at $20 a pop just didn't sound like that kind of operation. It sounded more like technology for technology's sake. But, I continue to learn!