PDA

View Full Version : State Vet Scratches The Pamplemousse (not April Fool's)

Turfday
04-04-2009, 01:27 PM
This is what I just heard from a good source. Trainer Julio Canani is inventing invectives never yet heard by mankind.

Saratoga_Mike
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM
He is out - it's posted on DRF.com.

Mineshaft
04-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Tendon injury.....

W2G
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear this news. Sounds fairly serious, but even if not, his path to the Derby is now very unclear.

Quality Road's stock just spiked upwards without this guy in the first flight.

MickJ26
04-04-2009, 03:14 PM
He has $180,000. in graded stakes earnings. Assuming he's cleared to run, will he still be on the bubble for the Derby?

Mineshaft
04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
He has $180,000. in graded stakes earnings. Assuming he's cleared to run, will he still be on the bubble for the Derby?

I think he has more than 180K in earnings i could be wrong. But i wouldnt bet him with ur money now..

joanied
04-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Gary Stevens said when he watched Pamplemousse Firday morning on the track, he thought something might be wrong...he said "I didn't like what I saw"...guess Cannani missed it...or maybe chose to ignore it since the horse has a funny way of going anyway.
Still sucks. If they can manage it...he'll go in the Blue Grass...but, I won't hold my breath.

WinterTriangle
04-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Trainer Julio Canani is inventing invectives never yet heard by mankind.

yeah, but at least he is putting the horse first.

I think one of the reasons the seasoned trainers win the KY Derby is that the highs and lows on this trail are enough to rattle to death any normal person. :)

BTW, How serious is heat in a leg? More serious than Big Brown's lack of a hoof?

westny
04-04-2009, 11:58 PM
yeah, but at least he is putting the horse first.

I think one of the reasons the seasoned trainers win the KY Derby is that the highs and lows on this trail are enough to rattle to death any normal person. :)

BTW, How serious is heat in a leg? More serious than Big Brown's lack of a hoof?

They can patch a hoof with the magic of acrylics. Mold a "whole new foot".
Heat in a tendon is not good. Means there is injury in a leg, somewhere. Hard for a horse to compete with a "bad leg" against the toughest competiton he will face most likely in his career.

DanG
04-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Real shame for the connections because 90% of the ‘Mousse destroys that SA Derby field with / or without the rabbit imo.

Solis claims he’s had tendon issues since a yearling and it helps explain beating the OBS sale reserve by only $1,000 clams.

He obviously eats up ground quickly even with that awkward action; but as Barry Irwin was quoted on the TG board… http://www.thorograph.com/phorum/read.php?1,49668,49715#msg-49715

“Worst moving animal that can run that I have seen in a long while. Watching a head on view of him will make any horseman cringe. Thank racing's lucky star he didn't blow his wheel in a race for all to witness.”

BeatTheChalk
04-08-2009, 01:01 PM
This is what I just heard from a good source. Trainer Julio Canani is inventing invectives never yet heard by mankind.

Bob - you may be the first member of mankind to use the PHRASE ...

"" INVENTING INVECTIVES "" .. in any Missive :lol: :ThmbUp: :cool: