PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita Get Away Day (4/20)

rmania
04-20-2003, 09:43 AM
Race 1 – #5 Liberty Run (4/1) Dropping off of a claim with proven speed to handle these

Race 2 – #2 Alices Silver Lady (6/1) Look for her to rebound today but watch the odds on those firsters

Race 5 – #7 Kith (15/1) Could prove gamest in what appears to be a wide open event

Race 6 – #5 Bringdownthehouse (15/1) Can’t think of a better day to Bringdownthehouse

Race 8 – #3 If by Magic (2/1) Looks to be best of those with a start. Again, but watch the odds on those firsters

cato
04-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Okay, I'll play.

Race 1. 6 1/2 F Lotta speed in the race and Liberty Run is going R-->S (although it has shown speed in the past, he has not shown the ability to pass horses after the 1st quarter and he will not be in lead at that time. I'll take Hezafreespirit who has the ability to pass (and sadly, to be passed) at hiigher odds. In the real world, would probably pass the race or bet a beer.

Race 2 6 1/2 turf, downhill and jump the dirt..with 6 FTS + an Irish import with no starts on this continent......whaddaya crazy? Pass

Race 5 Kith is also my highest rated longshot. AT 15-1 probably worth it. He won 2 back at this distance and surface. + has some bak class. WOuld be surprised if we get anywhere near 15-1..I'm with you on this one

Race 6 Mdn claiming. Bringdownteh house--I also have this horse as a highly rated longshot, BUT, BUT BUT, he is a proven loser a 6 year old maiden with a record of 0-14...and I hate to bet on those !@#$%^&!!. The only lightly raced horses are 1, 4, 6, 8,9.

#1 Sumter will probably win it but he is 3-1 on the ML and will probably be MUCH lower. # 6 , the aptly named Toss me the money has lost his last 3 rces by 70 lengths. Even if he imroves he loses by 10! #9 has one race-lost by 12-dropping today and is 7-2 at ML--also will be lower odds and has great chance to win...which proves what an ugly race this is..... #8 Gold--FTS with mediocre breeding. ANd finally, the #4 Cee Til Dawn--a truly ugly horse--one race at FPX--4 1/2 F and lost by 14 lengths...BUT she has had 7 months to think about it and has some decent works... The trainer is 50%! (1-2)....m/l 20-1 and shoudl be higher. I may have a few dollars on the horse but if i do, I'll have had a few beers and be wearing the MAD BOMBER costume! But in reality, if I'm not drunk by the 6th race, I'll pass it. It's an ugly race

Race 8. MSW--5 FTS, 2 horses with one race...and you're bettin' a 2-1 horse. whaddaya, crazy? Pass the race

Good luck and happy Sunday to all......

Cato

cato
04-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Other picks for SA Easter Sunday are

Race 7--#9 Kernoff. Should get decent odds. If he can get a better trip this time by staying off of the pace he could pull it off

Race 9 --#1 Nazirali--good horse--best breeding to run a marathon.

Happy easter--good luck
Cato

WINMANWIN
04-20-2003, 02:41 PM
Everyone welcome, Lets spend Easter together. I'll be there.

rmania
04-20-2003, 08:43 PM
Race 1 – #5 Liberty Run (4/1) Won by 6 but didn't get the 4/1. Paid $6.00

Race 2 – #2 Alices Silver Lady (6/1) 2nd at 13/1. Produced the biggest payoff on the board - $8.20 to place

Race 5 – #7 Kith (15/1) The camera was working overtime in this race. Finished in a DH for 4th, a nose out of 3rd at 11/1

Race 6 – #5 Bringdownthehouse (15/1) 2nd at 14/1. Produced the biggest payoff on the board - $9.20 to place

Race 8 – #3 If by Magic (2/1) A firster at 21/1 ran away with this one. Finished 4th as the favorite.

Suff
04-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Decent effort Rmania...On a tough card. Good Job.

That 21-1 Firster you mentioned? Freeneasy Gave it away with 20 Minutes to post in the warroom. Everyone In there had a piece of him. I Boxed the 5-7-8 in a trifecta and it ran 7-8-2 and paid 800. OH well....I'm to stupid for my own good. Everyone else was smart enough to take a piece. A couple had the $200 exacta.......

Are you goin to be Working the Hollywood meet?