PDA

View Full Version : Track On-line Takeout inquiry

Ray2000
04-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Bob Zanakis posted this on his site
http://mysite.verizon.net/r.zanakis/index.htm

Howdy!............ After the Big M secret agreements to charge an increase of 25% over the online public, I have become disillusioned with the sport and it's lack of protection for the online consumer. This sport is in trouble and I can no longer contribute to supporting the rip off of the online public. It has been fun since it started in August of 2003 to the present but it is time for all good things to end. The host tracks and ADW's secret agreements hurt the fans and I will no longer be a party to it. Even though the parties rescinded their decision and went back to having the same rentention rates as being ontrack, there still is not a safeguard where the public is notified of this higher takeout rates when wagering online. As long as it is permitted, we are subjected to their use and unfair treatment. We can not depend upon the good judgement of the ADW's and we saw exactly how that turned out before. Adios! ......

Any of the members here aware of this? Any Comments? referrals?

Perhaps my inquiry should be posted on PA ADW forum or HANA but I thought I'd start with PA Harness.

Pace Cap'n
04-04-2009, 08:26 AM
www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/ (http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2009/April/03/Price-was-not-right-at-several-ADW-companies.aspx)

Price was not right at several ADW companies
A player who discovered a takeout discrepancy for at least one wager handled by several account wagering companies suspects profiteering while the account wagering companies claim an honest mistake committed by the tote company.

Bettors who placed pick six wagers on Standardbred races from the Meadowlands through several account wagering companies this year paid a higher price than most other handicappers did. Until mid-March, Twinspires.com, Xpressbet.com, the Racing Channel, and BetAmerica charged a 25% takeout on the pick six for the New Jersey track.

The correct rate for the Meadowlands pick six wager is 20%. The account wagering provider would have retained the extra 5% from its share of the total pool. TwinSpires said the mix-up stemmed from a problem with the net pool pricing controls in place and also involved two or three racetrack outlets.

More at link...

Ray2000
04-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Pace Cap'n, Thanks for the link, very interesting.

LottaKash
04-04-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for these posts, guys.........:jump:.......WTF ????

Also, have you noticed that lately, that betting with "Youbet", that they no longer credit you with Bonus Betting Points on several of the tracks that I like to wager on ???......The Meadowlands and Yonkers in particular, as well as some others.......

best,

takeout
04-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Ever notice it’s almost always players that have to discover these ‘mistakes’? That is, the ones that CAN be discovered.