PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO BOOKS ARE THEY OUT THERE?

pktruckdriver
04-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Okay, as most know by now I drive a truck all day and have not too much time to read anymore, and no not being able to read w/out glassess has nothing to do with it.

I am at the point now where, with HSH , Hopefully, I am about to break looose and start really playing for real ,but I may still need a bit more on the Money Management side of things, as I have been known to get carried away at the OTB, and can make a average, 100-300+ day and make it a losing or breakeven day, why, because I have that urge to bet, make more, hit that BIG ONE, the life changing hit, y'all know what I mean, even if you are able to control yourself, you still know how I feel, those thoughts and actions, the ones that make you a loser.

Well I kinda got away from what this thread is about, and that is any....

Audio books, or maybe even Dvd's that are out there, any that you are willing to trade, sell or what-ever...I am an avid audiobook listener, and would love to listen to Handicapping help thru the Audio book, or Dvd media , if you have any out there.

Money Management , Pace, Speed, Wager Strategy's, OR anything you have that may help me be a better handicapper, as I have hundreds of hours a week behind the wheel to listen to things over and over, until I really understand them, hopefully.

There must be something out there, please. I will let try to get anything you may have, as long as it is not priced too high, and if it is and worth it, I will still try to do something, so please let me know, maybe we can do some trading as I have quite a few books on CD's, like the entire Harry Potter series, yes , 1 book will get me from Miami to La in no time at all, about 26hrs of audio, plus many others, let me know, thanks.

Patrick

facorsig
04-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Try the DRF Horseplayers Expo DVDs. I bought a set of related audio tapes about 15 years ago and they were a good investment (these are in storage otherwise I would offer them to you).

Right now I am in the middle of the Anthony Robbins Personal Power II CD set. I bought this set for $70 on E-Bay. So far, I have found these to be interesting and effective. Your time on the road could be used with similar program CDs.

Fred

goforgin
04-04-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm not aware of any handicapping audiobooks. But, a very good writer named Dick Francis has +30 mystery novels with the back-drop around horse racing. You may have heard of him. He's a former rider. I believe English steeplechase. Anyway his novels center around the racing industry, the tracks, owners, trainers and jockeys. Several of his novels are on audiobooks.

lsosa54
04-04-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.cynthiapublishing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=THS&Category_Code=VIDEO

Cynthia Publishing has a bunch of dvd's for sale with Dick Mitchell's approaches updated with some new material in 2007.

pktruckdriver
04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Try the DRF Horseplayers Expo DVDs. I bought a set of related audio tapes about 15 years ago and they were a good investment (these are in storage otherwise I would offer them to you).

Right now I am in the middle of the Anthony Robbins Personal Power II CD set. I bought this set for $70 on E-Bay. So far, I have found these to be interesting and effective. Your time on the road could be used with similar program CDs.

Fred

Yes Fred it could and I wish to start making this time better used, since I must drive anyway, why not learn somewthing at the same time, and, audio books are the way to do it, I think.

Well if anyone comes across anything let me know, thanks

Patrick

dutchboy
04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Is it normal to drive hundreds of hours per week as you wrote? That would close to 13 hours every day.

Okay, as most know by now I drive a truck all day and have not too much time to read anymore, and no not being able to read w/out glassess has nothing to do with it.

I am at the point now where, with HSH , Hopefully, I am about to break looose and start really playing for real ,but I may still need a bit more on the Money Management side of things, as I have been known to get carried away at the OTB, and can make a average, 100-300+ day and make it a losing or breakeven day, why, because I have that urge to bet, make more, hit that BIG ONE, the life changing hit, y'all know what I mean, even if you are able to control yourself, you still know how I feel, those thoughts and actions, the ones that make you a loser.

Well I kinda got away from what this thread is about, and that is any....

Audio books, or maybe even Dvd's that are out there, any that you are willing to trade, sell or what-ever...I am an avid audiobook listener, and would love to listen to Handicapping help thru the Audio book, or Dvd media , if you have any out there.

Money Management , Pace, Speed, Wager Strategy's, OR anything you have that may help me be a better handicapper, as I have hundreds of hours a week behind the wheel to listen to things over and over, until I really understand them, hopefully.

There must be something out there, please. I will let try to get anything you may have, as long as it is not priced too high, and if it is and worth it, I will still try to do something, so please let me know, maybe we can do some trading as I have quite a few books on CD's, like the entire Harry Potter series, yes , 1 book will get me from Miami to La in no time at all, about 26hrs of audio, plus many others, let me know, thanks.

Patrick

bobbyb
04-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Patrick

I gave you a link Friday for Mitchell's series on DVD. perhaps you misplaced it.

Here it is again:

http://www.desertsea.com/CynDVD.htm

bobby

Speed Figure
04-05-2009, 12:06 AM
If you can afford it, get yourself a Kindle 2. It has an audio feature that reads to you, it's pretty nice!!

pktruckdriver
04-05-2009, 04:48 PM
If you can afford it, get yourself a Kindle 2. It has an audio feature that reads to you, it's pretty nice!!

Looks cool :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: