PDA

View Full Version : Lukas Horse Scrimshaw

JustRalph
04-20-2003, 12:52 AM
Well Wayne Lukas is up to it again. Anybody have any comment on Scrimshaw? I would be interested in the guys here that crunch their own numbers, your opinions by the numbers would be interesting. I didn't get home in time to play the horse but had planned to. More because of the owners and some comments I read from them. Anybody like this horse in the Ky Derby?

Tom
04-20-2003, 12:31 PM
Iwill be doing the numbers later today. My observations were that this was the most impressive prep I have seen yet. He won it in great fashion, stalking tha pace, moving out and then drawing clear - not too hard used, should set up nicley to move ahead in the Derby. If the breathing problems are behind him, and they reallyu were that bad, then the little "breather" he got prior to the LExongton should also help him.
The downside, he did it at KEE and he was on the rail most all the way, against a bunch of nothings, really. The figures he gets will help solve the puzzle, but he has pluses and minuses that seem to balance out. Problem with looking good at 9 fulongs is that that only gets you to the top of the stretch at CD. After that, it the subjective elements that kick in: Class, stamina, jockey, EPO, etc.

Speed Figure
04-20-2003, 12:53 PM
"Lexington Figures"

Scrimshaw 93/99/103

Eye of the Tiger 93/98/99

Domestic Dispute 91/98/99

Trust-N-Luck 97/103/99

Ministers Wild Cat 94

Most Feared 83

Ocean Terrace 91/70/0

JustRalph
04-20-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by speed figure
"Lexington Figures"

Scrimshaw 93/99/103

Eye of the Tiger 93/98/99

Domestic Dispute 91/98/99

Trust-N-Luck 97/103/99

Ministers Wild Cat 94

Most Feared 83

Ocean Terrace 91/70/0

How did these numbers compare with Peace Rules (didn't he run at Keeneland last week?) Just wondering? Thanks

Speed Figure
04-21-2003, 10:53 PM
Just Ralph, I gave Peace Rules a 99/108/100.

JustRalph
04-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Very Interesting....info....thanks.

PSTDave
04-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Scrimshaw's Lexington win was 3 seconds slower than Charismatic..

andicap
04-22-2003, 11:57 AM
The track was slower after some rainy weather.

Dont know if it was 3 seconds slower tho.

Observer
04-25-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by JustRalph
Anybody have any comment on Scrimshaw?

If there's one thing that Lukas has proven over the years, is that he does know what it takes to get a horse ready for the Triple Crown races (or Breeders' Cup races). Sure, he's had a lot of chances, and a lot of losses, but he's got experience and has put horses in the winner's circle, or at least in money-earning positions, that so many would never have bet with someone else's money .. and many of those horses, had they been in someone else's hands, probably never would have even been tested for that path, no less actually make it to the race.

WINMANWIN
04-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Scrimshaw is 1 to consider, and TEN CENTS A SHINE is another.
I read that lukas discovered the steeds teeth were bothering him, and that was his EXCUSE in his last. The problem is corrected
as the teeth were filed down. The steed also worked a bullet and D WAYNE reports he's dead fit.......:eek: I liked Scrimshaw
in his last and bought the throat operation, so I gotta buy this
1 also. Looks Like i'll be keying Empire Maker with a bunch come derby day.......:confused: