PDA

View Full Version : Obama bows???

newtothegame
04-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Obama Bows to Saudi King, Supports Saudi Initiative

by Maayana Miskin
if (sLinkData != "") document.write("Edit (+ sLinkData +)
");

(IsraelNN.com) United States President Barack Obama was caught on camera by journalists on Wednesday bowing in deference to Saudi King Abdullah as he greeted him at the G20 meeting in London.

Obama later expressed support for the 2002 Saudi Plan in his meeting Thursday with the Saudi monarch. The two also discussed global economic issues and terrorism, White House staff said.

The meeting between Obama and Abdullah was the first face-to-face talk between the two. The meeting created a storm of debate, primarily among American conservatives, when pictures and a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WlqW6UCeaY) were released that appeared to show Obama bowing to the Saudi monarch at the G20 photo-op.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Tolaim/ResizeImg.aspx?save=1&source=album&album=388&image=5879&a=377&b=1000
Obama approaches Saudi monarch at G20 photo-op.
Photo: screenshot

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Tolaim/ResizeImg.aspx?save=1&source=album&album=388&image=5878&a=377&b=1000
Obama executes a bow.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Tolaim/ResizeImg.aspx?save=1&source=album&album=388&image=5877&a=377&b=1000
After the bow.
Obama reportedly expressed support for the 2002 Saudi Initiative upon winning the presidential election in November of 2008. In his first meeting with PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas, Obama was quoted as saying of the plan, “The Israelis would be crazy not to support this initiative.”

In January of 2009, Saudi officials warned that the U.S. would need to “drastically revise” its Middle East policy, particularly towards Israel, if it wanted to maintain influence in the region.

"If the U.S. wants to continue playing a leadership role in the Middle East and keep its strategic alliances intact – especially its 'special relationship' with Saudi Arabia – it will have to drastically revise its policies vis-a-vis Israel and Palestine,” former Saudi ambassador Prince Turki al-Faisal said at the time.

Turki referred to the Middle East policy of former U.S. President George Bush as “sickening,” and accused America of “contributing to the slaughter of innocents” by supporting Israel.

Bush expressed strong support for the creation of a PA state, but supported the 2003 Road Map initiative over the Saudi Plan. The Road Map plan calls for the Israel-PA negotiations process to take place in stages, with Israel dismantling Jewish towns in Judea and Samaria only after the PA begins to fight terrorism.

The Saudi Plan calls on Israel to cede Gaza and all land east of the 1949 armistice line, including much of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount, to the Palestinian Authority. Israel would also be required to cede the strategic Golan Heights region to Syria.

In addition, the plan requires Israel to release all terrorists currently in its prisons, and to offer citizenship to millions of foreign Arabs who say they are descended from Arabs who fled pre-state Israel during the War of Independence.

In exchange, Arab states would normalize their ties with the Jewish State.

In Israel, the plan has met with little support. Enacting the plan would force roughly 600,000 Israelis from their homes. In addition, senior defense officials have warned that the plan would compromise Israel's security.

President Shimon Peres expressed limited support for the plan in 2008, but clarified that he believed the plan could be useful as a starting point for negotiations, not that it could be implemented in its current form.

Hana Levi Julian and Gil Ronen contributed to this report.

hmmmmmm I do Not recall the Obama's giving this same treatment to the Queen of England :confused:

Tom
04-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Obama might see himself as diminutive, but he doesn't speak for America.
What a woos this jerk is. An embarrassment to our country.

cj's dad
04-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I pray for the day when Israel is provoked beyond their normal response to threats and aggresion and puts this Arab foolishness to rest ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Tom
04-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Who's side do you think Obama will take?
Serious question.

Remember, Biden said he would be tested, and WE would not be happy right away with his handling.

I predict a break with Israel within a year - 18 months.
I sense a huge bus rolling around with Israel's name on it.

cj's dad
04-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Who's side do you think Obama will take?
Serious question.

Remember, Biden said he would be tested, and WE would not be happy right away with his handling.

I predict a break with Israel within a year - 18 months.
I sense a huge bus rolling around with Israel's name on it.

easy answer- I seem to remember when during an interview he used the term "my muslim faith"

He said it; I'm only repeating it !!

PaceAdvantage
04-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Perhaps bowing is how President Obama plans to deal with the "war on terror." Maybe he thinks if he bends over enough for our enemies, they won't attack us again.

Of course, Bush was caught holding hands with a Saudi once, so who knows?

cj's dad
04-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Perhaps bowing is how President Obama plans to deal with the "war on terror." Maybe he thinks if he bends over enough for our enemies, they won't attack us again.

Of course, Bush was caught holding hands with a Saudi once, so who knows?

Maybe he was actually checking for weapons - isn't that how the handshake actually came into being ?

Tom
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
He was looking for his teleprompter.

hcap
04-03-2009, 09:58 PM
A kiss is just a kiss.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ol0cqA6bjGs/SFPZTQT826I/AAAAAAAAAKg/1mxBAB57HrY/s400/bush-abdulah.jpg

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2009, 02:54 AM
I don't see a kiss in any of those pictures hcap.

At least Bush didn't bow like the little girl in your avatar:

LEUif1--r38

hcap
04-04-2009, 05:51 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_liXR7u-Sfsk/R9AzX_GVWXI/AAAAAAAABzw/ib19sglRd1Y/s320/bush%2Bkiss%2Bsaudi.bmp

Maybe they didn't french kiss, but they sure kissed on the lips.
Maybe bush looked into his soul at the same time?

I still don't understand why you righties can't deal with an innocent little girl expressing her hopes for peace? Is it that the truths so often seen easily by children, love, empathy and kindness have first to be oked by Limpbag , Palin and Hannity first??????

Tom
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Still living in the past, hcap?
Nice try to dodge the reality of today.
Your boy is a groveler. Nice to see he knows his place.
Good message to send out. Really going to bring in that old respect.

Show Me the Wire
04-04-2009, 04:24 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_liXR7u-Sfsk/R9AzX_GVWXI/AAAAAAAABzw/ib19sglRd1Y/s320/bush%2Bkiss%2Bsaudi.bmp

Maybe they didn't french kiss, but they sure kissed on the lips.
Maybe bush looked into his soul at the same time?

I still don't understand why you righties can't deal with an innocent little girl expressing her hopes for peace? Is it that the truths so often seen easily by children, love, empathy and kindness have first to be oked by Limpbag , Palin and Hannity first??????

At least they acted as equals. BTW men kissing is acceptable in certain cultures. I thouhgt you were the sensative one to cultural differences?

Obama's bow is a sign on servitude i.e. bow down to your king, and he did. The King didn't waste a kiss on his unworthy servant.

jballscalls
04-04-2009, 04:45 PM
isn't bowing a show of respect and not servitude?? i dont know anything about middle east culture, so maybe i'm wrong

Tom
04-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Wondering....did he bow o the queen, too?
I know his wife groped her.

Show Me the Wire
04-04-2009, 07:02 PM
isn't bowing a show of respect and not servitude?? i dont know anything about middle east culture, so maybe i'm wrong

Servitude to the ruler.

Tom
04-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Sounds right.
Notice he was using his middle name, you know, HUSSEIN, again this week. Seems to use it when it is convenient for him.

Strange fellow. Very strange.

ArlJim78
04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
llLdcHJHzqA

cj's dad
04-04-2009, 11:18 PM
quite possibly the most telling post since I've been a member here

newtothegame
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
llLdcHJHzqA

Ohhhh ohhh ohh (hand raised hi in the air ) ohhh I know...........

:lol:

cj's dad
04-04-2009, 11:31 PM
This guy is the biggest POS in my lifetime battling Jimmy Carter for #1

so.cal.fan
04-05-2009, 12:51 PM
Isn't Barack Hussein Obama going to Indonesia soon?
Going to give a major speech?
I'll bet we all see a change in Obama here....it should be very telling.
He won't be any friend to Israel either, I'm betting he holds Bibi in contempt.

boxcar
04-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Isn't Barack Hussein Obama going to Indonesia soon?
Going to give a major speech?
I'll bet we all see a change in Obama here....it should be very telling.
He won't be any friend to Israel either, I'm betting he holds Bibi in contempt.

Of course, we'll see a "change". This is the kind of change BO really had in mind for America. It's the kind where all his promises and rhetoric become obsolete as soon as they leave his mouth and reach our ears.

Boxcar

JustRalph
04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
When CLinton did it in the past..........they went after him

Not the Messiah

see details here

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/04/04/flashback-nyt-scolded-clinton-for-almost-bowing-to-royalty/

4gJtIss7xso

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2009, 11:05 PM
I guess we can conclude from this that the Obama boys are going to be profiting HANDSOMELY from BIG OIL and SAUDI ARABIA, just like the Bush boys....hell, they've already been proven to profit handsomely from the now bankrupt financial institutions they are in charge of "saving."

Sounds like conflict of interest to me...just like Cheney...what say the far-left fanatics?

JustRalph
04-06-2009, 12:10 AM
I guess we can conclude from this that the Obama boys are going to be profiting HANDSOMELY from BIG OIL and SAUDI ARABIA, just like the Bush boys....hell, they've already been proven to profit handsomely from the now bankrupt financial institutions they are in charge of "saving."

Sounds like conflict of interest to me...just like Cheney...what say the far-left fanatics?

Shhhh......shshhs.....shhhhhhhhh......

The media might be listening..................