PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Inner Track Wrap Up

the little guy
04-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Jason Blewitt and I filmed a short segment for the NYRA Youtube channel singling out a few of the top horses from our recently concluded inner track meet. Here's the link if you're interested......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GT0a7P99hY

NJ Stinks
04-03-2009, 01:12 AM
Nice film, the little guy. :cool:

The 40% win rate for favorites on the inner was tough to bet into though.

cmoore
04-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Nice film, the little guy. :cool:

The 40% win rate for favorites on the inner was tough to bet into though.
You can say that again...I wonder what the top 2 favorites win percentage was?

Bobzilla
04-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Nicely done and thanks for sharing the video with us. Listening to yourself, Eric and Jason every day on the NYRA simulcast discussing your thoughts on the day's races always adds to the enjoyment of the Aqueduct Inner as well.

It's hard for me not to have a soft spot for the Reptilian Smarts and Hedge Funds of the racing world. These are the horses who make it happen and get us through the winter every year. There was at least one year when the NYRA honored these kinds of horses by having one of them represented on their calendar. It was awhile ago but if I remember correctly I think it was Red Scamper, a gray war horse who ran frequently througout the winter and always gave an honest effort. I could be wrong about which horse it was but I think it was RS. RS wasn't gelded and would later stand at a farm in Massachusetts. I for one whould definitely love to see any one of the horses highlighted in the video have their own month in the NYRA 2010 calendar.

Ramon Dominguez, as one might expect, had a dominant meet, but the riding of Anna Rose Napravnick really caught my eye. I always felt I could back a horse she was riding with confidence. Maylan Studart, who just lost her bug, will probably find it tougher to get live mounts from here on but I remain optimistic about her future as I thought she showed good instincts throughout the meet.

the little guy
04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
I believe Red Scamper broke his maiden, at 2, in his debut on Opening Day at Saratoga in a 5F race.

eastie
04-03-2009, 07:55 PM
didn't red ransom do the same ? also Barrier Reef seems to have a ton of run in him. He hasn't fired his best shot yet. If he ever gets a chance to really lug in, he will really roll by them. Nice piece Andy.