PDA

View Full Version : Cutler, Pace to the Bears

Valuist
04-02-2009, 07:56 PM
After being on this planet for 4 and a half decades, today the Bears got the best QB they've had in my lifetime. Considering GM Jerry Angelo's history of lousy # 1 picks but good in later rounds, trading away two number 1s may be the best thing. Cutler could have 10 more productive seasons in the league. Then about 30 minutes later, they announce the signing of all-Pro left tackle Orlando Pace. Football can't get here fast enough.

headhawg
04-02-2009, 08:18 PM
If Pace is healthy, their OL got tons better. And with Cutler, the Bears have a franchise QB. Talk about your oxymoron...

Bring on the season. Now. Can't wait. :)

GaryG
04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
The price was steep, but Da Bears have a strong supporting cast and Cutler could blossom. Bears had another Dandy From Vandy in the early 60s, Nashville native Bill Wade. Won the 63 championship with him.

swami13
04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Balls out move by Angelo, I was shocked, hope it works out.

Relwob Owner
04-02-2009, 10:24 PM
The price was steep, but Da Bears have a strong supporting cast and Cutler could blossom. Bears had another Dandy From Vandy in the early 60s, Nashville native Bill Wade. Won the 63 championship with him.

here is the only thing that worries me here....it kind of reminds me of when an owner drops a horse who has put up really good numbers in for a tag and it seems too good to be true.....lots of rumors about Cutler's off the field habits and general attitude....plus, he wont have Brandon Marshall to throw the ball high to....hopefully the Bears do well with this but I gotta wonder why the Broncos didnt work harder to keep a 25 year old pro bowl QB

Ironic thing is by going after Cutler, the oh so smart Redskins have now created the same situation with their QB as Denver created with Cutler when they tried to trade for another QB and pissed him off

betchatoo
04-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Only time will tell if the this was a steal or the Bears paid too much, but like almost every other Chicagoan I'm shocked that they pulled the trigger on this. They now have a talented quarterback so they need to find some people to catch the ball. They also need to not self destruct on defense in the 4th quarter.

Gutsy move guys now let's go win some

DanG
04-03-2009, 07:42 AM
Congratulations Chicago! :ThmbUp:

Certainly a serious upgrade over Orton and company. Arm strength can be huge in the ‘windy city and Cutler has a cannon.

IMO: For the Bears to regain dominance they need Tommy Harris to become…Tommy Harris again. He was briefly 1st ballet hall of fame before his injuries / contract and other issues. When he (or a suitable replacement) is a force / Urlacher is free for 15 tackles a game and the Bears once again become the ‘Monsters of the Midway.

toetoe
04-03-2009, 02:35 PM
He's no Rudy Bukich, after all.

Valuist
04-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Congratulations Chicago! :ThmbUp:

Certainly a serious upgrade over Orton and company. Arm strength can be huge in the ‘windy city and Cutler has a cannon.

IMO: For the Bears to regain dominance they need Tommy Harris to become…Tommy Harris again. He was briefly 1st ballet hall of fame before his injuries / contract and other issues. When he (or a suitable replacement) is a force / Urlacher is free for 15 tackles a game and the Bears once again become the ‘Monsters of the Midway.

You are right about Harris but injuries caught up with him in a hurry and back problems seem to cause enough problems for Urlacher to make him from an All-Pro to ordinary player. I think he's lost some speed. But that said, the next piece to the puzzle would be a wide receiver. I don't know what Marvin Harrison's status is; I thought the Colts let him go and I know he's old but he's a great route runner with great hands. WIth WRs coming out in the draft, it seems like a crap shoot.

goforgin
04-03-2009, 05:42 PM
The Giants cut Plaxico today. Hmmm, a blue and orange uni in the waiting (or just an orange one). Send lawyers, guns and money......

Relwob Owner
04-03-2009, 10:12 PM
The Giants cut Plaxico today. Hmmm, a blue and orange uni in the waiting (or just an orange one). Send lawyers, guns and money......

"Hi, may I please speak with Plaxico Burress? Tell him it is Dan Snyder"