PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Paddock Report

RiddellJ
04-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm Joe Riddell formerly of Premier Turf Club. Keeneland is my "home court" and I have been hired by Keeneland to do a real-time paddock report at Twitter.com. If you want these tweets during the April meet plus a horses-to- watch list, send me an email at paddockreport@gmail.com

Grits
04-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Much good luck!!! You did a fine job last year.

Imriledup
04-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Good luck this upcoming season!

andicap
04-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Do i have to be a Twitter sub to get the reports?

strapper
04-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Looking forward to the Keeneland Spring Meet as always. It definitely says "Kentucky" and Kentucky Derby to me can only be right around the corner. Good luck w/ your paddock show, something I've always wanted to do as well.

RiddellJ
04-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Do i have to be a Twitter sub to get the reports?

Yes, the reports will only be available on Twitter. When Ian and I were with Premier we did a hard copy report every day but that has been discontinued by Premier. I am doing this in my employment with Keeneland.

DeanT
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Is your twitter name horsemanjoe? Will they be under that name, Joe?

RiddellJ
04-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Yes Dean, but the reports will be here:

https://twitter.com/paddockreport

Good luck at the windows.

Sincerely,
Joe Riddell

DeanT
04-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Joe!

Grits
04-03-2009, 01:28 PM
My only problem with this Joe, I ain't in to joining Twitter. Still, again, much good luck.

How in the hell did Keeneland come up with this? Boy, the target demographic is getting younger and younger. It'll be pointed to 14 year olds soon--with parent's having to make their wagers.

This, and Churchill's, Kentucky Derby Barbie Doll!!! On a dressage horse, no less. Wearing a pair of western jeans. No racing silks, no throroughbred. Thanks to Churchill, she has no idea which discipline she's supposed to be riding.

I always knew the bitch was stupid. I didn't even like her as a child, but then I didn't like dolls much, period.

Lord, what's next!:lol:

jackmc
04-03-2009, 02:55 PM
After the first four (4) KEE races of today, Fri 4/3, Joey is three for four winners ...... gl, jmc

InsideThePylons-MW
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
If.....

Wild open race, all horses look good = I'm playing 3rd+4th choices over 1st+2nd choices

then....

I love young tall beautiful athletic blondes = My dream girl is Rosie O'Donnell

jackmc
04-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Race one - "top pick #1" - #1 finished out.
Race two - "#1 looks like a winner" - #1 finished first.
Race three - "speed of the race is #2; I am playing him w/ #7" - #2 finished first.
Race four - "#1 looks great ... ; playing her over #3 & #7" - #1 finished first.
Three winners out of the first four races .... case closed.

Tread
04-03-2009, 06:13 PM
LOL, case closed? 2 of those 3 were 3/2 or less, and the other was a second choice! Case closed indeed!

stuball
04-03-2009, 07:57 PM
I think Joe would agree it was not one of his best days.
I have seen him do much better...hard to squeeze out a
profit when chalk is good.

Stuball

point given
04-03-2009, 08:36 PM
The first few races were chalky as stated, even stevie wonder saw that. The picks in the following races went otherwise for both joe and myself as i was sucked in by my early success on the card. Hope they card more turf races.

Joe, can you do me a favor and hide the trumpet from that guy who can't hit a note on key and blows out his spit on mike before he blows. Keeneland is such a pure racing place and does everything first class, but they got a tin ear calling them to post on that horn :blush:

Grits
04-03-2009, 09:15 PM
I swear. I thought I was the only person who thought Bucky Sallee couldn't blow sweat off a Junebug.

Keeneland should've retired him 10 years ago. He's 'bout as round as he is tall, and I bet a cardiologist couldn't get a damn piece of dental floss through an artery in him!

They need the best. They need a woman. They need that gorgeous blonde . . . Bonnie. At Arlington.
She's not only gorgeous, she can do a call to post, and flat lay down blues tunes to boot!

I never could tolerate folks that spit. It's just ugly in public.

Oh, and Joe, you'll do better tomorrow, I know you will. You died after the 4th race, son. You shoulda put your money in your pocket and gone on back to the house. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL;)

Imriledup
04-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on Stardom Bound's march 29th work?

please tell me she struggled! (i want to make a big play against her)

point given
04-04-2009, 12:35 AM
I swear. I thought I was the only person who thought Bucky Sallee couldn't blow sweat off a Junebug.

Keeneland should've retired him 10 years ago. He's 'bout as round as he is tall, and I bet a cardiologist couldn't get a damn piece of dental floss through an artery in him!

They need the best. They need a woman. They need that gorgeous blonde . . . Bonnie. At Arlington.
She's not only gorgeous, she can do a call to post, and flat lay down blues tunes to boot!

I never could tolerate folks that spit. It's just ugly in public.

Oh, and Joe, you'll do better tomorrow, I know you will. You died after the 4th race, son. You shoulda put your money in your pocket and gone on back to the house. LOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL;)

Grits - Point of information from a former HS trumpet player. the spit gets lodged in the trumpet from playing; there is a release valve to get the spit out and that damned fool at Keeneland keeps trying to clear it out while his mic is live. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when he wasn't on for the first few races, but then he kicked in and i hit the mute, Guess the old goat is an institution or somethin' but its hard to find a trumpeter who can't blow sweat off a junebug these days, I must admit . Your right about the gal in chicago, and I like the fairgrounds guy as well with his little ditties.

eastie
04-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on Stardom Bound's march 29th work?

please tell me she struggled! (i want to make a big play against her)

she didn't exactly get the best of it last time and still won. i don't know why everyone is so down on this filly.

point given
04-04-2009, 12:49 AM
she didn't exactly get the best of it last time and still won. i don't know why everyone is so down on this filly.
I guess its how she had to circle the field 8 wide last race to just getup at the wire. Some horses peak early at 2 and many think others have caught up to her. I question her wide move at Keeneland when it looks like you dont want to be wide coming out of the stretch turn.

Imriledup
04-04-2009, 11:18 PM

We're not down on the filly. We're down on her constant underlaid odds however. We know for sure that she isn't as good as what she's made out to be. She can't be. There are unfair expectations placed on top horses all the time by media and public, its just a great business decision to bet against these runners as much as you can.

I haven't seen 'natural improvement' in her races going forward to her 3 year old season. She loses plenty of ground all the time, which can never be a good thing.

Her major strength last season was that she was able to run a route while relaxed...which meant she was able to just run by fillies who weren't professional enough to go 2 turns and 'finish' thru the wire.

As the months have gone on, the pack is slowly catching up to her. She was an early developing type and she developed fast and was ready to win right away. She was just much more advanced than her rivals last summer.

I also didn't think she galloped out like her normal self last time at Santa Anita. She always was far in front of the pack after the wire...last time, she appeared tired (to my eye).