PDA

View Full Version : Jose Lezcano

Bobzilla
04-02-2009, 07:37 AM
For those who have been watching Jose ride in recent years at Florida and New Jersey tracks I realize that this is hardly breaking news, but boy can this guy carve out a sweet trip on the spinach. As I concentrate most of my focus on New York tracks over the course of a year I've been able to watch Jose for brief periods of time but never on an extended basis. This past winter, when in the mood for some grass racing, I shifted some of my attention to Gulfstream Park. If I felt I landed on a live horse I couldn't think of another rider I was more confident in than Jose, even more so than some of the bigger rider names at GP. He seems to have a good sense of timing, he anticipates well, he saves as much ground as he can when appropriate, and always seems to plan the ride well to ensure he'll have ample energy beneath him when the real running takes place. I know Jose had a great summer last year while knocking off Bravo for the riding title at Monmouth. Would anyone happen to know if Jose will be riding this summer full time at Monmouth again, or if there is a chance he might be riding in New York more regularly througout the Belmont and Saratoga meets?

onefast99
04-02-2009, 07:50 AM
According to my trainer he will ride Monmouth parks meet. He is an excellent rider.

Bobzilla
04-02-2009, 07:58 AM
According to my trainer he will ride Monmouth parks meet. He is an excellent rider.

Thanks for the info.

Stevie Belmont
04-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Won't be long before this guy is the leading rider in New York...I don't normally compliment jocks, but this guy is can ride.

lamboguy
04-02-2009, 09:54 AM
does anyone think jason has anything to do with his success?

onefast99
04-02-2009, 10:05 AM
does anyone think jason has anything to do with his success?
Without a doubt.

Bluto Blutarsky
04-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I can confirm Fast's information. Lezcano is coming back to Monmouth this summer. You better have a really good horse or be one of the top trainers to have him ride for you.

MickJ26
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Won't be long before this guy is the leading rider in New York...I don't normally compliment jocks, but this guy is can ride.

Ramon Dominguez is the king until dethroned.

onefast99
04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Ramon Dominguez is the king until dethroned.
The summer meet has Ramon at Delaware, but I am sure you knew that.

Spendabuck85
04-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I thought Ramon was staying in New York and not going to Delaware this summer.

Bobzilla
04-02-2009, 06:26 PM
I thought Ramon was staying in New York and not going to Delaware this summer.

I had heard the same and that he was moving his family up to Long Island from the mid-Atlantic.

slew101
04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
He announced he's riding full time in NY from now on. I love how people here just throw the sarcasm around and belittle posters, even when they are dead wrong.

MickJ26
04-03-2009, 02:50 PM
The summer meet has Ramon at Delaware, but I am sure you knew that.

It was on the NYRA website recently that Ramon is riding in New York full time.

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2009, 02:24 AM
I love how people here just throw the sarcasm around and belittle posters, even when they are dead wrong.Huh? In this thread? I guess it flew over my head.

slew101
04-04-2009, 08:33 PM
"The summer meet has Ramon at Delaware, but I am sure you knew that."

That wasn't a shot at the poster?

Huh? In this thread? I guess it flew over my head.

onefast99
04-04-2009, 08:54 PM
"The summer meet has Ramon at Delaware, but I am sure you knew that."

That wasn't a shot at the poster?
Not a shot at all he asked a question with a question and I answered him based on what my Delaware trainer told me and that is he was going to ride there this summer. Now that may mean he may ride stakes races or just on NY dark days I dont know for sure.

slew101
04-04-2009, 08:58 PM
OK. I apologize. I read that totally wrong.

onefast99
04-04-2009, 09:10 PM
OK. I apologize. I read that totally wrong.
Accepted, no problem there. If he doesnt ride at Delaware that means Rosie may get a chance against Homeister.