PDA

View Full Version : Another Tax Problem By Obama nominee???

newtothegame
04-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Geeze....
sorry if this was previously posted, but I just saw it.....

WASHINGTON (March 31) – Health and Human Services nominee Kathleen Sebelius recently corrected three years of tax returns and paid more than $7,000 in back taxes after finding "unintentional errors" — the latest tax troubles for an Obama administration nominee.
The Kansas governor explained the changes to senators in a letter dated Tuesday that the administration released. She said they involved charitable contributions, the sale of a home and business expenses.Sebelius said she filed the amended returns as soon as the errors were discovered by an accountant she hired to scrub her taxes in preparation for her confirmation hearings. She and her husband, Gary, a federal magistrate judge in Kansas, paid a total of $7,040 in back taxes and $878 in interest to amend returns from 2005-2007.

Read the rest at this link:

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2009/04/health_and_human_services_nomi.html

cj's dad
04-01-2009, 09:40 AM
It's obvious there were zero intentions of paying this back tax bill until she was nominated for a cabinet post. I bet she does not prepare her own 1040. Hey, maybe she uses Turbo-tax like Timmy boy.

What putzes these nominees are !!

Tom
04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
This is obviously the tip of the iceberg.
I suspect tax cheating among dems is at a very high rate.

A special prosecutor should be named.

Marshall Bennett
04-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Yeah , seems they're all for taxing everyone else , but have a problem with paying them themselves .

Tom
04-01-2009, 11:13 AM
When will this culture of corruption ever end?

:lol:

newtothegame
04-01-2009, 04:25 PM
When will this culture of corruption ever end?

:lol:

If this were one...possible even two...but wow, this guy has a way of picking winners :bang:

PaceAdvantage
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Well, some on here have always said those on the left are not patriotic.

Since Biden linked paying taxes to patriotism, I guess Obama and his minions have basically proven this premise, much to the left's chagrin.