PDA

View Full Version : Keeneland Online Handicapping Challenge

Light
03-30-2009, 11:32 PM
Starts Friday April 3rd. First place gets $3000. No buy in. Just throw up numbers if nothing else. That track is impossible.

At the conclusion of the Handicapping Challenge on Friday, April 24, after the last live race, the player with the most Challenge Dollars in his or her imaginary bankroll will be declared the winner and will win the Grand Prize of $3,000. The eligible player who accumulates the second largest imaginary bankroll will win the second prize of $1,200. The eligible player who accumulates the third largest imaginary bankroll will win the third prize of $600. The player who accumulates the fourth largest imaginary bankroll will win the fourth prize of $300. The player who accumulates the fifth largest imaginary bankroll will win the fifth prize of $240. Players who place sixth through tenth will win a gift selected by the contest coordinator from the Keeneland Gift Shop. Winners will be notified within three weeks of the contest close about collecting their prize.

http://apps.keeneland.com/onlinecontest/contestrules.asp

eclecticapper
03-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I got as high as 4th place in last fall's contest and finished 28th. Overall, I've done much better at Keeneland since the surface change, although contestwise there're ALWAYS people ahead of me. I can't complain about my Keeneland ROI the past couple of years though.

cmoore
03-31-2009, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=eclecticapper]I got as high as 4th place in last fall's contest and finished 28th. Overall, I've done much better at Keeneland since the surface change, although contestwise there're ALWAYS people ahead of me. I can't complain about my Keeneland ROI the past couple of years though.[/QUOTE

That's damn good eclecticapper...I think I entered last year but if I can't remember it..I must of done poorly...I'm in again this year...Winner gets 3k..:jump:

Grits
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
You HAVE done very, very well. Much good luck with this meet's contest!!!

I got as high as 4th place in last fall's contest and finished 28th. Overall, I've done much better at Keeneland since the surface change, although contestwise there're ALWAYS people ahead of me. I can't complain about my Keeneland ROI the past couple of years though.

smokinjoe@bp
04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
placed 2nd last keeneland contest,and hoping for first this time around.

watch my smoke lol...and gl guys

eclecticapper
04-17-2009, 09:12 AM
The triumvirate of General Quarters ($30.60), Libor Lady ($27.40) and Afternoon Stroll ($102.60--capped at $62) allowed me to move from #758 to #40 in 3 days. While I'm not a fan of capped payoffs in contests, I really can't complain about Afternoon Stroll since, under the rules of the contest, GQ's win in the Blue Grass was worth triple the win payoff. Naturally, no cap on the payoff at the track and, thankfully, spring weather has returned to Kentucky. If Ellis Park closes after this year, I hope Keeneland will consider running a short meet in July around the time of the July sale.

facorsig
04-17-2009, 10:45 AM
It was mildly refreshing to see that I was higher than you at one point and there may be lower number than #931 in total ranking. How many entrants are there (or who is lower than #931)?

Fred

eclecticapper
04-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Only 67 people left for me to pass on the final day of the meet. I don't like my chances.

eclecticapper
04-25-2009, 08:47 AM
I ended up in 78th place, which was disappointing. I had a good meet overall after the slow start and after Sunday's monsoon, the weather for the final week was great.

facorsig
04-25-2009, 08:55 AM
I ended at #594 which was a major improvement over the final week, but I suspect I passed many players who had abandoned the game. My total winnings were exactly half of the winning entry.

Fred