PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous

Cangamble
03-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Read the header and the first editorial:
http://mysite.verizon.net/r.zanakis/editorial.htm

InsideThePylons-MW
03-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Someone a while ago told me that something like this was happening but the way they explained it, it didn't make any sense so I didn't really believe it.

I guess I believe it now.

DeanT
03-31-2009, 12:09 AM
CG,

As I understand this situation:

He emailed HANA and we followed it and asked some questions. Apparently on Thursday or Friday he was notified that no longer are the ADW's taking this hidden 5% - they are now paying out at track odds. One man saved bettors thousands at M and I assume Monmouth by being proactive. He deserves a huge pat on the back for this, and the ADW's who did this should be ashamed of themselves. The next time they see handle down, they need to look no further than the mirror.

Cangamble
03-31-2009, 12:12 AM
CG,

As I understand this situation:

He emailed HANA and we followed it and asked some questions. Apparently on Thursday or Friday he was notified that no longer are the ADW's taking this hidden 5% - they are now paying out at track odds. One man saved bettors thousands at M and I assume Monmouth by being proactive. He deserves a huge pat on the back for this, and the ADW's who did this should be ashamed of themselves. The next time they see handle down, they need to look no further than the mirror.
I'm definitely taking his side. The ridiculous comment was directed at the ADW's.

But Woodbine still does the hidden markup on certain wagers, don't they?

DeanT
03-31-2009, 12:15 AM
But Woodbine still does the hidden markup on certain wagers, don't they?
No, it is listed in the program so everyone knows. I hit something on Saturday when I was there. A pick 4 I think. Cost me like $120. But at least I knew I was going to get screwed.

Cangamble
03-31-2009, 12:18 AM
. Cost me like $120. But at least I knew I was going to get screwed.
Are you sure you weren't at a brothel instead?

DeanT
04-04-2009, 11:05 AM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2009/April/03/Price-was-not-right-at-several-ADW-companies.aspx

Price was not right at several ADW companies

DJofSD
04-04-2009, 11:29 AM
http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2009/April/03/Price-was-not-right-at-several-ADW-companies.aspx

Price was not right at several ADW companies
As I read the article, what I am getting between the lines is Amtote or the betting hub made a mistake. There was an incorrect withholding.

And it took an astute customer to find the problem. That says a lot, in a negative way, about the companies. They should have found this problem themselves. They are not doing proper auditing. That 5% difference was ending up somwhere. The company that had the additional dollars is either incompetent or dishonest. You decide which.

Bottomline: this is all being done with computers and there is not any valid excuse for this to happen. Even if it was an honest mistake by some one updating a computer, there should have been some kind of report or audit that would have discovered the discrepancy.