PDA

View Full Version : IEAH...got Revenge

joanied
03-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Guess this ain't a surprise....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/49913/ieah-finally-gets-revenge?id=49913&source=rss

Relwob Owner
03-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Guess this ain't a surprise....

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/49913/ieah-finally-gets-revenge?id=49913&source=rss

I can see all sides of the IEAH guys and their pros and cons....however, my overall reaction is........ugh

matthewsiv
03-30-2009, 07:12 PM
I have just gone off this horse!

I hope that the breeder/owner got as much money as possible.

These guys have zero class!

Why do they not go and buy the Green Monkey!

Relwob Owner
03-30-2009, 07:18 PM
I have just gone off this horse!

I hope that the breeder/owner got as much money as possible.

These guys have zero class!

Why do they not go and buy the Green Monkey!

From the article I read, seems like he drove a pretty hard bargain and still has control of the horse....I guess details will tell the tale. Seems like IEAH bought at the peak of the horse's value so I would question the business sense of it.

sonnyp
03-30-2009, 08:21 PM
iavarone, dutrow, mullins......makes you just want to bust out in song. " o the sun shines bright on my olde kentucky home ".

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2009, 01:39 AM
If everyone played this game the same way, the fun would disappear and there would be nothing left to bitch about here on PaceAdvantage.com

samyn on the green
03-31-2009, 03:45 AM
At least someone is still investing in the game. I don't really get why there is so much hatred directed towards these guys. They have the best owner website in the game and they are building a state of the art Ruffian equine hospital outside of Belmont.

luvarace
03-31-2009, 08:21 AM
I really do not approve of the style or lack of when it comes to IEAH; however I did enjoy watching Big Brown and I still like I Want Revenge.

I did wonder with the admitted once a month steroid shot how Big Brown would stand up when he went to a track where that was not allowed. I do not really know that much and I will not pretend to be an expert but to my way of thinking steroid use is an enhancement drug whether used once a month or once a day.

I try not to let my personal feelings in but I am a fan of the horses not the people in this case.

matthewsiv
03-31-2009, 09:47 AM
I really do not approve of the style or lack of when it comes to IEAH; however I did enjoy watching Big Brown and I still like I Want Revenge.

I did wonder with the admitted once a month steroid shot how Big Brown would stand up when he went to a track where that was not allowed. I do not really know that much and I will not pretend to be an expert but to my way of thinking steroid use is an enhancement drug whether used once a month or once a day.

I try not to let my personal feelings in but I am a fan of the horses not the people in this case.

Well said

slewis
03-31-2009, 10:04 AM

Which track are you referring regarding winstrol not being allowed?

Relwob Owner
03-31-2009, 10:38 AM
At least someone is still investing in the game. I don't really get why there is so much hatred directed towards these guys. They have the best owner website in the game and they are building a state of the art Ruffian equine hospital outside of Belmont.

I can see all sides of the IEAH argument...like anyone trying to make a splash and shake things up, they will have people who like them and who dont...they seem to be pretty polarizing and it that sense, create buzz and due to their ages, may keep a relatively younger demographic engaged...plus, even if people dont like them, that means there is now a "villan" that creates interest.

It is easy to see why people dont like them,,,here is why, in my opinion

They have very little racing pedigree with their leadership...that tends to put off people in the industry.

Their leader has a past that has been questioned-he was suspended in his past employment and has very little resume for a number of years, explained away by a "confidentiality concern"

Early on, one of their trainers was caught for a drug infraction and they continue to use controversial trainers.

They did a lot of talking about the hedge fund style they were going to emloy and that they are in it to make money....their track record, which includes big wins, is also littered with poor purchases. In addition, their business acumen comes into question with purchases like I Want revenge as they obviouslybought high on him instead of chalking up their losses and pointing to next year, which might be he smart, non emotional move.

They are very flashy-this, in any environment, will tend to annoy people.

Their web-site is good, i guess and the Hospital Sounds like a great move if it does come to fruition.

Hey, as is proved by this post, they definitely gets us talking!

onefast99
03-31-2009, 05:27 PM
Nick is a very good evaluator of horse stock, he is a good person to know. Good luck to the group on their new aquisition. Like I said before it was going to be tough to follow up Big Browns run, they may have done that!

Relwob Owner
03-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Nick is a very good evaluator of horse stock, he is a good person to know. Good luck to the group on their new aquisition. Like I said before it was going to be tough to follow up Big Browns run, they may have done that!

Is "Nick" who buys their horses? If so, he may be a good evaluator of horses in general but you have to admit that many of the horses they have bought havent turned out to be good purchases. Also, they could have hired me for nothing and I could have told them to buy I Want Revenge:)

westny
03-31-2009, 08:44 PM

Good attitude. But, you must understand 75% of TB race horses were treated with steroids of some sort in 2008...before Dutrow opened his mouth.

Relwob Owner
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM

Also, I believe that hospital they are building is a "for profit" venture for themselves so while it is potentially a good thing for horses, it is intended to be a good thing for IEAH as well.....I am putting the hospital and its completion in the "I will believe it when I see it" category

miesque
04-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Also, I believe that hospital they are building is a "for profit" venture for themselves so while it is potentially a good thing for horses, it is intended to be a good thing for IEAH as well.....I am putting the hospital and its completion in the "I will believe it when I see it" category

That is correct, it is most certainly a for-profit venture for IEAH and its purpose is to provide some diversification and also provide a more stable cash flow source then is present on the racing side of the operation.

Relwob Owner
04-01-2009, 11:24 AM
That is correct, it is most certainly a for-profit venture for IEAH and its purpose is to provide some diversification and also provide a more stable cash flow source then is present on the racing side of the operation.

Yep-business wise< seems like a good move----I do chuckle when people dont realize it is for profit and think they did it solely for "the good of the game"...could be part of it but as always, money is the motivator!

joanied
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Not really defending IEAH here, guys....but, how many equine (medical) facilties do you know of that are non-profit?
I may be wrong....but they are footing the bill to get this equine hospital built, so what is wrong with maybe trying to get some of that money back...although, I am not sure how the 'profit' end of this will work for IEAH...at least someone stepped up to build a much needed equine facility for the horses at Belmont and the Big A...if a sick or injured horse doesn't have to travel hours to get help...that is a very good thing.
I remember when all we had at Belmont was Doc Reed's place across from the back gate...even then, it wasn't enough. So, regardless wether it's for profit or not... it'll sure as hell help the horses.
:)

Relwob Owner
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Not really defending IEAH here, guys....but, how many equine (medical) facilties do you know of that are non-profit?
I may be wrong....but they are footing the bill to get this equine hospital built, so what is wrong with maybe trying to get some of that money back...although, I am not sure how the 'profit' end of this will work for IEAH...at least someone stepped up to build a much needed equine facility for the horses at Belmont and the Big A...if a sick or injured horse doesn't have to travel hours to get help...that is a very good thing.
I remember when all we had at Belmont was Doc Reed's place across from the back gate...even then, it wasn't enough. So, regardless wether it's for profit or not... it'll sure as hell help the horses.

It definitely will....I wasnt giving them a hard time at all....just mentioning the fact that I have heard a lot of talk about how much they are doing it just for the good of the game and pointing out that it is for the good of themselves as well......Considering the economy and just how many planned developments have lost funding across the country, I still wouldnt be surprised if their vision and promise doesnt become a reality....call me a skeptic but these days, you have to be....

joanied
04-01-2009, 04:29 PM

Here ya go, Relwob:
http://www.ieah.com/cgi-bin/medical_center.cgi

Looks like it's coming along and should open on time. I beleive many horses will be saved in this facility...as I mentioned, beats the hell out of having to ship a sick or injured horse to someplace like Rood & Riddle.

onefast99
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Here ya go, Relwob:

Looks like it's coming along and should open on time. I beleive many horses will be saved in this facility...as I mentioned, beats the hell out of having to ship a sick or injured horse to someplace like Rood & Riddle.
New Bolton would be a lot closer then Rood and Riddle in Kentucky. This facility will do very well in NY. The vets that have been interviewed all agreed it will be a welcome addition to NY racing.

Relwob Owner
04-01-2009, 04:48 PM
Here ya go, Relwob:

Good deal---this forum tends to be like the internet in general in the sense that it is so much easier for me to be proved wrong....:):)

Thanks for the info!

joanied
04-01-2009, 06:32 PM
New Bolton would be a lot closer then Rood and Riddle in Kentucky. This facility will do very well in NY. The vets that have been interviewed all agreed it will be a welcome addition to NY racing.

I was just using Rood & Riddle as an example...first one that popped into my head:)

joanied
04-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Good deal---this forum tends to be like the internet in general in the sense that it is so much easier for me to be proved wrong....:):)

Thanks for the info!

Now, now, Relwob....no one is trying to proove you;) wrong...and it's not like we've been keeping ontop :sleeping: of this thing...but ya gotta admit...it's going well and will be a huge asset to the NY based horses & trainers.

Relax...you're safe:jump:

Relwob Owner
04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Now, now, Relwob....no one is trying to proove you;) wrong...and it's not like we've been keeping ontop :sleeping: of this thing...but ya gotta admit...it's going well and will be a huge asset to the NY based horses & trainers.

Relax...you're safe:jump:

Listen, if being wrong were an Olympic sport, I would have many gold medals:):). This is the one thing that I am doubly glad to be wrong about because it will be such a great thing for the horses......I still have a skeptical eye on their venture as a whole, but only time will tell as far as that goes---regardless, it takes a lot of guts and drive to do what they are doing and if they prove me wrong, good for them---either way, we will be talking about em.....

joanied
04-01-2009, 08:22 PM
Listen, if being wrong were an Olympic sport, I would have many gold medals:):). This is the one thing that I am doubly glad to be wrong about because it will be such a great thing for the horses......I still have a skeptical eye on their venture as a whole, but only time will tell as far as that goes---regardless, it takes a lot of guts and drive to do what they are doing and if they prove me wrong, good for them---either way, we will be talking about em.....

:lol: if being wrong was an Olympic sport...we'd all have many medals...gold for the really wrongs, silver for the just slightly wrong:faint:

After I posted that link to their site to check out the Ruffian Center...I looked around a bit...great web site, no doubt.

Regardless of what we (I) might think about IEAH...they are a force heading in the right direction...being ever the optimist, I hope it all plays out for the benefit of the horses, their connections and the race fan in general...Ivarone, or, Mr.Slick, as I like to call him, may be a really good person...who knows? Now, some of the most charming people I have known in my life were really 'bad' people at heart and use their charm as a 'weapon' to lure you in...I hope in the case of Mr. Slick...that's not the case. He does come across as being a true lover of the sport and the horses...and I think his 'persona' is attractive to that demographic that racing has been trying to get as fans... the 'Yuppie' types...so, bottom line...we'll keep an eye on him & IEAH, and I hope, when all is said and done...we can say he's been good for the sport.

Hope THAT don't get me a gold medal;)

samyn on the green
04-01-2009, 11:21 PM
If you look at the retired horses list it looks like they find homes for their retired runners. and treat them with respect This is more than what could be said for other owners.

luvarace
04-02-2009, 07:01 AM
If you look at the retired horses list it looks like they find homes for their retired runners. and treat them with respect This is more than what could be said for other owners.

This is very important to me! What happens when the racing is done? Glad to hear some owners do not just toss them like trash.

Relwob Owner
04-02-2009, 07:21 AM

very true

onefast99
04-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Many of us owners take pride in giving these runners a nice home after their racing careers are over. We have given 4 away in the past 5 years all of which are doing well at their new homes. There will always be a few that dont feel this way once the running is over. Racetracks need to continue their efforts in aiding retired runners.

joanied
04-02-2009, 11:43 AM

Correct...that's a big plus for IEAH:ThmbUp: Regardless of the opinions some have for Ivarone, I do beleive he has a love for the horses.