PDA

View Full Version : Florida Derby Figs?

CBedo
03-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Question for CJ or anyone else who made figures for the Florida Derby. Was the pace figure slow?

cj
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Slightly slow, but nothing like the Swale which was VERY slow.

BIG49010
03-30-2009, 04:18 PM
I thought they were good, and the numbers fit together almost too perfect on Saturday. Considering how windy it was. My number slipped a little from the mile race, but that was to be expected. The number still fits in the range for horses that did well in the Florida Derby and the KY Derby.

JPinMaryland
03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Can someone comment some more on the wind? Was it a tail wind or a front wind on the front part of the race? I think this would make a difference for front runners vis a vis closers. A tail wind on the front might help front runners more and the reverse may be true if a head wind on the front.

Does anyone know which direction it was blowing? Or if it was all over the place?

CBedo
03-31-2009, 01:31 AM
The fact that the pace was only "slightly slow" actually surprises me a bit. I had originally thought that there would be more pace early (I know the scratches potentially hurt that), and that would set it up more for the off the pace types (I originally had thought I would back JoJo).

Visually, it seemed more than slightly slow, which I thought really set it up for Quality Road, but if the pace was basically honest, then I'll give him more credit for the effort.

OTM Al
03-31-2009, 08:16 AM
If there was a wind, I really didn't notice it. Maybe a bit of a light breeze, but I don't think it was enough to really affect anything