PDA

View Full Version : Go Ahead....Get your Gun on! The run continues

JustRalph
03-30-2009, 12:31 AM
Never seen anything like it..................the "After Market" is going balls to the walls too...........

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29945269/

Changes in D.C. prompt run on guns and ammo
‘Manufacturers are going full-bore’ to produce amid fear of new regulations

updated 3:21 p.m. ET, Sun., March. 29, 2009
CHEYENNE, Wyo. - Concern that the Obama administration could impose a new ban on some semiautomatic weapons is driving worried gun owners to stockpile ammunition and cartridge reloading components at such a rate that manufacturers can't meet demand.

Attorney General Eric Holder last month suggested that the Obama Administration favors reinstituting a U.S. ban on the sale of assault weapons. President Bill Clinton first signed such a ban into law in 1994, generally blocking some military-style guns with magazines that hold many cartridges. President George Bush had allowed the ban to expire.

"We have heard from all across the country that there is a tremendous shortage of ammunition," said Lawrence Keane, senior vice president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. "We've heard this from the manufacturers, that their customers are calling them trying to get supplies for inventory, and that the manufacturers are going full-bore, pardon the pun."

"Semiautomatic rifles are selling at an incredibly brisk pace," said Keane, adding that many manufacturers of semiautomatic rifles and pistols are already so backordered that this year's entire production is already spoken for.

He said the current ammunition shortage followed the increase in gun sales. While the current shortage includes cartridges for popular semiautomatic rifles and pistols that were covered by the Clinton-era weapons ban, it also extends to other common varieties including common revolver cartridges and .22 rimfire cartridges used for hunting or target shooting.

In Wyoming, the run on bullets and reloading components reached such a frenzy that Cheyenne retailer Frontier Arms recently began rationing sales, said Becky Holtz, co-owner of the shop. Holtz said she's also been selling semiautomatic rifles as fast as she can put them on the shelves.

"You know there's something wrong when I've got little old ladies coming in buying 5,000 rounds of .22 shells," Holtz said.

more at the link

Dick Schmidt
03-30-2009, 04:39 AM
It's getting a bit better as people realize that the Govment isn't going to do anything right away. Too busy solving the economy???

Still, nice to have a supply all laid in and ready to go. Ammo doesn't go bad.

Dick

oh this...
It's a Single Cylinder - Single Stroke, Internal Combustion Engine

with a Free Floating Piston...

newtothegame
03-30-2009, 09:08 AM
here ya go tom.....not sure if ya seen this one oout of Miami...

MIAMI

Robber fatally shot in Miami Burger King holdup

A robbery at a Burger King in Miami's Upper East Side neighborhood left one person dead and another seriously injured.

/** Tell JavaScript how much of each type of content there is*/ storyVideoCount = 0; storyVideoBoxCount = 0; storyVideoOldTypeCount = 0; storyAudioCount = 0; storyPhotoCount = 0; storyPhotoGalleryCount = 0; storyGoogleMapCount = 0; storyMapBoxCount = 0;Related Content

Uncover weird news with the Crime Scene blog (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/crime_scene/)

BY ROBERT SAMUELS

rsamuels@MiamiHerald.com (rsamuels@MiamiHerald.com)

An afternoon shootout at a busy Burger King restaurant in Miami left a potential robber dead and the customer who shot him seriously wounded.

The bloody event unfolded about 4 p.m. Tuesday at the restaurant at Northeast 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard. It was a time, employees said, when it is usually crowded with schoolchildren and people getting out of work early.

The robber entered wearing a ski mask. He approached a clerk, showed his gun and demanded money, said Miami police spokesman Jeff Giordano.

A customer eyed him and the two started arguing. The customer had a concealed-weapons permit and his gun -- and the two exchanged gunfire.

The robber crumpled to the floor and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The customer, with several gunshot wounds, was in serious but stable condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center.

Officers divided witnesses into several groups outside the restaurant to gather information about the incident. Employees waiting to start their shift called friends and family members on their cellphones to pass the time because they were not allowed through the police tape.

''I just hope all my people are OK inside,'' said Cynthia Thomas, who has worked at the Burger King for five years. ``It is scary.''

Around them, drivers on busy Biscayne Boulevard gawked at the scene.

The area is a prime destination for residents in the Upper East Side neighborhood -- featuring Soyka's restaurant, Sushi Siam and Andiamo Pizza.

boxcar
03-30-2009, 10:05 AM
The ammo and gun situation is very, very bad. The demand for both is unprecedented. I got "lucky" because with one large order I placed, I had "only" a two-week wait before they shipped. Another order I placed with someone else is in transit, and that will wind up taking about 3 weeks to get here.

But the Web is a great place. A persistent person can find just about anything he wants as long as he perseveres.

Boxcar

GaryG
03-30-2009, 10:25 AM
I didn't know it was legal to live in Wyoming if you didn't own at least one gun. In my area the gun sales are brisk but the ammo is on back order, especially .38 and 9mm.

boxcar
03-30-2009, 10:53 AM
I didn't know it was legal to live in Wyoming if you didn't own at least one gun.

:lol: My kind of state...that Wyoming!

In my area the gun sales are brisk but the ammo is on back order, especially .38 and 9mm.

I couldn't get .40 or .45 ammo anywhere, also. Save those spent cartridges. They'll be worth their weight in gold soon. :)

Boxcar

ddog
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
here ya go tom.....not sure if ya seen this one oout of Miami...

MIAMI

Robber fatally shot in Miami Burger King holdup

A robbery at a Burger King in Miami's Upper East Side neighborhood left one person dead and another seriously injured.

/** Tell JavaScript how much of each type of content there is*/ storyVideoCount = 0; storyVideoBoxCount = 0; storyVideoOldTypeCount = 0; storyAudioCount = 0; storyPhotoCount = 0; storyPhotoGalleryCount = 0; storyGoogleMapCount = 0; storyMapBoxCount = 0;Related Content

Uncover weird news with the Crime Scene blog (http://miamiherald.typepad.com/crime_scene/)

BY ROBERT SAMUELS

rsamuels@MiamiHerald.com (rsamuels@MiamiHerald.com)

An afternoon shootout at a busy Burger King restaurant in Miami left a potential robber dead and the customer who shot him seriously wounded.

The bloody event unfolded about 4 p.m. Tuesday at the restaurant at Northeast 54th Street and Biscayne Boulevard. It was a time, employees said, when it is usually crowded with schoolchildren and people getting out of work early.

The robber entered wearing a ski mask. He approached a clerk, showed his gun and demanded money, said Miami police spokesman Jeff Giordano.

A customer eyed him and the two started arguing. The customer had a concealed-weapons permit and his gun -- and the two exchanged gunfire.

The robber crumpled to the floor and was pronounced dead at the scene.

The customer, with several gunshot wounds, was in serious but stable condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center.

Officers divided witnesses into several groups outside the restaurant to gather information about the incident. Employees waiting to start their shift called friends and family members on their cellphones to pass the time because they were not allowed through the police tape.

''I just hope all my people are OK inside,'' said Cynthia Thomas, who has worked at the Burger King for five years. ``It is scary.''

Around them, drivers on busy Biscayne Boulevard gawked at the scene.

The area is a prime destination for residents in the Upper East Side neighborhood -- featuring Soyka's restaurant, Sushi Siam and Andiamo Pizza.

I am waiting for the day when all can carry auto here.
Just like Afghanistan , a bunch of doped up looney tunes and stir in a few low-life drug scum and the assorted paranoid schizo and , let's just say there won't be enough popcorn in the world.

I may have to start watching the local news again for the first time in 30-40 years.
Lot's cheaper than going to the movies.

yeee haaa!!!!!!

git yer cowboy on!!!

Wonder if they had let the scum take his whooper if the "sheriff" would be at work today and not intensive care.

Just because a crime goes down doesn't mean you should start unloading even if you are carrying.

GaryG
03-30-2009, 11:58 AM
Just because a crime goes down doesn't mean you should start unloading even if you are carrying.No, it means you should shoot first and then argue with the robber while he is bleeding on the floor.

NJ Stinks
03-30-2009, 12:06 PM
I can't imagine risking gunfire inside a Burger King full of people just to save said Burger King from being robbed. It's like deciding to amputate your arm because you have a scratch on your elbow.

ddog
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
No, it means you should shoot first and then argue with the robber while he is bleeding on the floor.

looks like in this case you would have been face to face anyway.

maybe you could have shared the IV too.

people, the vast majority in this country don't have the sense god gave grasshoppers so they need to all come strapped to the fast food joint or the movie theater.

Wait until the "good guy" takes out a kid with a fake pistol or a couple of old dudes having coffee who just got in the way and ends up in jail.
Or, we get the scums buddies to open up in his defense.3

You see , as the carry force will argue the criminals are smart , they will have weapons no matter.

SO , if they are smart, then now we will have at least one backup scum for each stick-up, he will maybe come in a bit ahead of time and assume a strategic position and lay down cover fire at the first hint of oppostion.

Can you say , E S C A L T I O N, kiddies.

Oh, the outrage we will hear.

Tom
03-30-2009, 12:40 PM
I can't imagine risking gunfire inside a Burger King full of people just to save said Burger King from being robbed. It's like deciding to amputate your arm because you have a scratch on your elbow.

What you do is make sure you stand behind the gun when it is firing. :D

JustRalph
03-30-2009, 02:01 PM

The guy was a fool. On two counts. He should have laid low until the bad guy started shooting........... and when he did decide to shoot, he gave up his advantage by entering into a conversation with the robber. He should have just ended it without conversation, if he had decided he had to shoot the guy, he should have just done it.

Unfortunately he decided to shoot.......... for whatever reason......... it was stupid.

jballscalls
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
i've never understood people's fascination with having a gun. There is a conservative talk show host here in Portland who is known nationally, I do my radio show in the studio next to his. The other day we were chatting in the hall and i realized that he carries a gun at all times!! LOL It was quite awkward LOL they even have a bump when he comes back from commercial "The only radio host who practices the first and second amendment on the air, everyday!"

ezrabrooks
03-30-2009, 02:55 PM

I couldn't get .40 or .45 ammo anywhere, also. Save those spent cartridges. They'll be worth their weight in gold soon. :)

Boxcar

I purchased some .44 reloads last week...and the gunsmith told me that he is having trouble getting primers..

Ez

ezrabrooks
03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
i've never understood people's fascination with having a gun. There is a conservative talk show host here in Portland who is known nationally, I do my radio show in the studio next to his. The other day we were chatting in the hall and i realized that he carries a gun at all times!! LOL It was quite awkward LOL they even have a bump when he comes back from commercial "The only radio host who practices the first and second amendment on the air, everyday!"

I don't have a fascination for guns. I no longer hunt...so my only reason for keeping one is self protection. I do not have a permit to carry, and will not be engaging in any gun fights at fast food places. Last week a prisoner being transported to a facility in West Texas escaped from the van in which he was being transported at a Truck Stop about a mile from our house. We were alerted by the Police that he was last seen coming toward our neighborhood. I had no fear of this slim ball breaking into my house. That is the reason I own a gun.

Ez

ddog
03-30-2009, 03:11 PM
The guy was a fool. On two counts. He should have laid low until the bad guy started shooting........... and when he did decide to shoot, he gave up his advantage by entering into a conversation with the robber. He should have just ended it without conversation, if he had decided he had to shoot the guy, he should have just done it.

Unfortunately he decided to shoot.......... for whatever reason......... it was stupid.

nothing worse than a man without the courage of his convictions and a loaded weapon.

we call them "dead wimps walking" where I come from.

if you got a bazooka , use it , draw first blood ask no questions!

:eek:

:lol:

JustRalph
03-30-2009, 05:20 PM

It's not about the guns. It is about exercising your rights and having a different perspective when it comes to the society in which we live. Take a look at the headlines from the last few days. You never know when you may face a deadly threat. Some are more prepared than others. End of story.

highnote
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Nebraska ain't bad, either.

One of my favorite convenience stores is in Paxton, Nebraska -- just off I-80 in western Nebraska at the corner of Oak and 2nd. The sign on the front of the building reads, "Beer, Wine, Ammo". :ThmbUp:

jballscalls
03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
It's not about the guns. It is about exercising your rights and having a different perspective when it comes to the society in which we live. Take a look at the headlines from the last few days. You never know when you may face a deadly threat. Some are more prepared than others. End of story.

i understand the right and fully support the 2nd amendment. i just dont understand why anyone would want one. I mean i live in the ghetto and have never felt threatened or needed one, but others do, and thats why they should be able to have them.

boxcar
03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
i understand the right and fully support the 2nd amendment. i just dont understand why anyone would want one. I mean i live in the ghetto and have never felt threatened or needed one, but others do, and thats why they should be able to have them.

Reason One: Self-Defense
Reason Two: Home Protection
Reason Three: Hobby
Reason Four: Hunting
Reason Four and the Most Important: Protection from a tyrannical government.

Of these, the one I'm least interested in is #4 because I'm an animal lover and, therefore, would find no pleasure in killing any living creature for sport.

Boxcar

jballscalls
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Reason One: Self-Defense
Reason Two: Home Protection
Reason Three: Hobby
Reason Four: Hunting
Reason Four and the Most Important: Protection from a tyrannical government.

Of these, the one I'm least interested in is #4 because I'm an animal lover and, therefore, would find no pleasure in killing any living creature for sport.

Boxcar

i completely get why others might want it, i guess i've just never felt the need to protect myself or my home with a gun. i'll just put an intruder in the camel clutch if they mess with me.

boxcar
03-30-2009, 08:24 PM
i completely get why others might want it, i guess i've just never felt the need to protect myself or my home with a gun. i'll just put an intruder in the camel clutch if they mess with me.

Hopefully, you'll never have such a bad experience; but if you should, you had better hope the intruder isn't armed. I don't think your "camel clutch" would be much of a match with a gun.

Boxcar

Tom
03-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Is that YOU? :D

chickenhead
03-30-2009, 10:54 PM
my brother in law manages a sporting goods store -- every time I talk to him he's laughing his ass off about scaring the shit out of everyone that comes in. They're making a fortune.

highnote
03-30-2009, 11:14 PM
my brother in law manages a sporting goods store -- every time I talk to him he's laughing his ass off about scaring the shit out of everyone that comes in. They're making a fortune.

LOL You are so right. Look at the chart of Smith and Wesson Holding Company (SWHC). They went from $2 per share to $6 since the November crash.

However, for the first they just showed up on my list of potential shorts. So I won't jump on the bandwagon now. But it's a good thing to keep in mind for the next global crisis.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2009, 02:20 AM
I can't imagine risking gunfire inside a Burger King full of people just to save said Burger King from being robbed. It's like deciding to amputate your arm because you have a scratch on your elbow.I believe you've basically summed up the Obama administration's policy on fighting terrorism with this little unintended analogy.

Good show man!

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2009, 02:23 AM
Wait until the "good guy" takes out a kid with a fake pistol or a couple of old dudes having coffee who just got in the way and ends up in jail.Coincidentally, this type of story will get the most press as well. It will be page one, top of the broadcast. The guy that stops an attempted rape or murder in progress will be relegated to page 15 in a concerted effort to downplay any positive "right to bear arms" stories.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2009, 02:27 AM
i've never understood people's fascination with having a gun. There is a conservative talk show host here in Portland who is known nationally, I do my radio show in the studio next to his. The other day we were chatting in the hall and i realized that he carries a gun at all times!! LOL It was quite awkward LOL they even have a bump when he comes back from commercial "The only radio host who practices the first and second amendment on the air, everyday!"Howard Stern carries as well, or so I've heard. Stern and your conservative acquaintance are probably well justified, given the loons out there who probably wouldn't mind taking a shot at a public persona.

I bet if asked, John Lennon just might have wished he was carrying on that fateful December evening in NYC.

Dick Schmidt
03-31-2009, 03:46 AM
Random thought on guns:

When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.

I practice Puerto Rican Judo= Judon't know if I'm packing a gun.

I only use my gun whenever kindness fails.

Guns Don’t Kill People, Bullets Do. Guns Just Make The Bullets Go Really Really Fast!

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." - General Douglas Macarthur

"People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for rule by brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically 'right.' Guns ended that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work."
- L. Neil Smith, The Probability Broach

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin

"Hey, yutz! Guns aren't toys. They're for family protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face." - Krusty the Clown

Always wanted to do a post of nothing but tag lines.

Dick

Who do you call to protect you FROM the police? - Penn and Teller

"Stop quoting laws to us. We carry swords"
Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus

boxcar
03-31-2009, 07:27 AM
The Second Amendment is all the Gun Permit I need.

Boxcar

GaryG
03-31-2009, 08:55 AM
There was an attempted home invasion recently not too far from here. An elderly couple lived in a very rural area, was presumed to have money in the house and looked like easy prey. As soon as the door was broken down both of the bad guys were full of holes. If he had not been armed it would have probably been he and his wife that were killed. Carrying is like having your seat belt fastened. It just might come in handy and once is all it takes.

cj's dad
03-31-2009, 09:34 AM

My definition of a newly registered Republican- "A Democrat who has just been mugged".

jballscalls
03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
My definition of a newly registered Republican- "A Democrat who has just been mugged".

i've been robbed and had my car broken into and stolen, i lived in downtown cincinnati for pete's sake!! but having a gun isn't going to solve any of those problems.

BlueShoe
03-31-2009, 03:06 PM
But yes Jb,it might have.Had that thug that robbed you thought that you might have been armed,he would have left you alone.What the anti gun lobby chooses to ignore is just how many crimes an armed citizenry prevents or thwarts.Every study that I have ever seen indicates that in jurisdictions where the citizens are allowed free access to firearms the crime rate has gone down.A very large percentage of firearms deaths are suicides.If a firearm had not been available the person would have just chosen another means to end their life.For an example of what gun elimination causes,look at England and Australia,where crime has skyrocketed since tough gun laws have disarmed the law abiders.And finally,with the nation sliding toward tyranny,sometime in the future civil disorder or even civil war is a not impossible scenario.This is what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the Second Amendment to the Constitution;to preserve liberty in the event a tyrannical government attempts to take it away.

Dick Schmidt
03-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Another thought:

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

- Fleet Admiral Yamamato

JustRalph
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Another thought:

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

- Fleet Admiral Yamamato

only one?