PDA

View Full Version : Twitter: Does anyone use it?

Dave Schwartz
03-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Topic says it all.

Do you use Twitter?

highnote
03-29-2009, 02:41 AM
Topic says it all.

Do you use Twitter?

I only use it when I need to avoid Jennifer Aniston. :D

Joking aside, I took one look at the site and realized immediately it was not for me. That means it must be making millions and that I'll probably become addicted to it someday.

I'm a good barometer. If I hate something it is probably going to be a big sensation.

Punk Rock, Disco and Rap music come to mind. Initially, I hated those styles, but eventually I came to appreciate them.

Or how about bell bottoms and platform shoes? Hated them at first, but eventually they became part of my sartorial repetoire.

I have made exceptions to hating new fashion styles upon first contact.

For instance, I immediately appreciated hot pants and miniskirts.

No... not on me :eek: -- on the fairer sex.

So if you can't reach me next year, trying twittering me.

miesque
03-29-2009, 12:32 PM
I have less then no use for Twitter (I didn't even know what it was until a week or two ago), but I guess that is a step up from the sheer and utter contempt I have for Myspace.

Tom
03-29-2009, 09:40 PM
"Requip" cleared it right up for me.

CBedo
03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I've used Twitter for some time, but have never even thought about using it to follow racing really. Are you doing that Dave, and if so, who are you following?

Dave Schwartz
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I registered and just followed everybody who followed me. Pretty soon you've got dozens. It is a quagmire. I am not currently going to do anything with it but the time might come when I do.

gopony
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Dave,

I think for you, that RSS feeds would be more of something that could be implemented and used for your web site.

It would be nice to have RSS feed
New classes available
Latest pars available
New version update.
Sale on software

DJofSD
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Twitter seems to be the in-thing.

Another poster to this board is offering real-time paddock inspection reports fro Keenland.

CNBC's Fast Money is using it for feedback and questions.

Red Knave
04-05-2009, 08:37 AM
I registered and just followed everybody who followed me.I follow a few people (investment stuff and my brother's band for example) but no one follows me. Which is the way you should do it Dave. You're a leader, not a follower.

Dave Schwartz
04-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Grasshopper (I mean Knave),

One must know how to follow in order to lead.

Kwai Chang Schwartz

Red Knave
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM
One must know how to follow in order to lead. I have been enlightened.
:)

eastie
04-06-2009, 09:30 AM
Surely you wouldn't punish an old blind priest twice for the same crime.

MONEY
04-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I just got an email from NTRA that informed me that if I wanted to know what one of their writers has to say that I should use twitter or facebook. I don't understand why they couldn't send me what the writer wrote in the email.

I have 4 telephones, text messaging, internet access, several email addresses, many televisions, radios, 3 cars, walkie talkies a whistle and when all else fails I can yell out of one of my windows or doors.

I don't need and will not get twitter or facebook.

money

RobinFromIreland
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
http://www.theequinest.com/horse-professionals-on-twitter/

PrairieMeadows
05-05-2009, 07:00 PM
PrairieMeadows Twitters results, some handicapping instruction, and the occasional general comments. Anything any of you would like to see added/removed to this list?

badcompany
05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
It's just another excuse for people to be unproductive, the internet version of chewing gum.

CBedo
05-06-2009, 07:35 PM
It's just another excuse for people to be unproductive, the internet version of chewing gum.
Although for most of us it might be unproductive, if used correctlly, it actually can make you more efficient I think.

DJofSD
05-06-2009, 08:46 PM
When I hear the word twitter I can not help but think to the British slang word twit.

Greyfox
05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
When I hear the word twitter I can not help but think to the British slang word twit.

Twitters don't give a sweet tweet about that.
The twits tweet on, tweety pie. ;)

DeadHeat
05-12-2009, 02:24 AM

Someone just did a study and found that students who chewed gum remembered better than those who did not.

Maybe it can help when handicapping? Chew and win more.

JustRalph
12-05-2011, 08:26 AM
I just noticed that Todd Pletcher has 400+ twitter followers

He has never tweeted........... :lol:

I guess it's actually his account, there are some racing types following it.

Twitter Pletcher (http://twitter.com/#!/ToddPletcher)

Robert Goren
12-05-2011, 05:23 PM
I follow bridgejumpers although it can kind annoying when someone twitters a horse has 70% of money bet on it in the show pool at 15MTP. I have yet to have it find a bridgejumper that I did not already. But I still have hope. I never tweet from my phone (fingers don't work that way) although I have a couple of times from my computer.

EJXD2
12-06-2011, 09:12 AM
The @ToddPletcher account is not Todd Pletcher. For some Pletcher-related entertainment, though, check out @NotTheToddster, which also isn't Pletcher, but he approves.