PDA

View Full Version : DID YOU SEE THAT ???

draynay
03-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Justwhistledixie just won the Bonnie Miss at Gulfstream... but you need to watch the race.... you will not believe it.

Justwhistledixie raced very wide into the first turn ran into faster fractions then what Dunkirk saw at the same distance on the same track.

Justwhistledixie ran a 135.89 mile and finished in 149.25 nearly a full second faster than Dunkirk. :eek:

I guess she is now ready to take on Quality Road. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
Albertus Maximus won the Donn in 1:50.96 with the mile going at 1:37.39.

He is favored in the $6,000,000 Dubai World Cup tomorrow.

draynay
03-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Albertus Maximus won the Donn in 1:50.96 with the mile going at 1:37.39.

He is favored in the $6,000,000 Dubai World Cup tomorrow.

I get what your saying Robert.... but my gosh.... experts are claiming what Dunkirk did was amazing going wide like that in the first turn.... Justwhistledixie did the same thing at the same distance on the same track and did it a full second faster.

If a filly can do it and do it faster what is the BIG DEAL about Dunkirk.... AND if you notice she did it with less effort. :eek:

Robert Fischer
03-27-2009, 11:28 PM
You are asking good questions. If you really want to explore them, I'm game... Not all that interested if it is simply bait for another winking smiley.

The first thing to look at is the times. If Justwhistledixie can go much faster than Dunkirk or Albertus Maximus and others, you have to look at how other races today went. The 2nd race Dr. Pleasure, a good horse went as fast as Quality Road's FOY 1:35.09 for a mile. The race after the Bonnie Miss race 9 - a group of 18K claimers went 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:15.73! The place horse was only half a length off.
Quality Road went 6 1/2 on a totally different track at Aqueduct in 1:16.11 for his maiden.

that is even before we compare paths - to see how wide they went.
Maybe today was really quick. I had a busy day but looking at the chart it looks that way.

I get what your saying Robert.... but my gosh.... experts are claiming what Dunkirk did was amazing going wide like that in the first turn.... Justwhistledixie did the same thing at the same distance on the same track and did it a full second faster.

If a filly can do it and do it faster what is the BIG DEAL about Dunkirk.... AND if you notice she did it with less effort. :eek:

Dahoss9698
03-27-2009, 11:33 PM
This thread has real potential.

draynay
03-27-2009, 11:45 PM
You are asking good questions. If you really want to explore them, I'm game... Not all that interested if it is simply bait for another winking smiley.

The first thing to look at is the times. If Justwhistledixie can go much faster than Dunkirk or Albertus Maximus and others, you have to look at how other races today went. The 2nd race Dr. Pleasure, a good horse went as fast as Quality Road's FOY 1:35.09 for a mile. The race after the Bonnie Miss race 9 - a group of 18K claimers went 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:15.73! The place horse was only half a length off.
Quality Road went 6 1/2 on a totally different track at Aqueduct in 1:16.11 for his maiden.

that is even before we compare paths - to see how wide they went.
Maybe today was really quick. I had a busy day but looking at the chart it looks that way.

Robert can we compare the race Justwhistledixie and Dunkirk ran on the same track at the same distance?

My only point is this.... People went nuts watching Dunkirk go wide into the first turn and win going away. A few weeks later on the same track at the same distance a filly does the same thing and does it a full second faster.

Do you find that interesting at all ? Or just ignore it all together and get NOTHING from it ?

Robert Fischer
03-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Robert can we compare the race Justwhistledixie and Dunkirk ran on the same track at the same distance?

My only point is this.... People went nuts watching Dunkirk go wide into the first turn and win going away. A few weeks later on the same track at the same distance a filly does the same thing and does it a full second faster.

Do you find that interesting at all ? Or just ignore it all together and get NOTHING from it ?

Quality Road $$250K Fountain Of Youth 1:35.01
Dr. Pleasure $48K alowance today race 2 1:35.09

are you saying Dr. Pleasure is as good as Quality Road ?

Would you allow that the track may have been fast today?

Dahoss9698
03-27-2009, 11:53 PM
You guys are comparing times for races weeks apart? Isn't that sort of pointless?

Robert Fischer
03-27-2009, 11:59 PM
You guys are comparing times for races weeks apart? Isn't that sort of pointless?
agreed.

draynay
03-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Quality Road $$250K Fountain Of Youth 1:35.01
Dr. Pleasure $48K alowance today race 2 1:35.09

are you saying Dr. Pleasure is as good as Quality Road ?

Would you allow that the track may have been fast today?

I would say the older experienced horse is about .08 second slower than Quality Road.... did you not want to talk about Dunkirk and Justwhistledixie ?

If you don't want to compare Dunkirk's race with Justwhistledixie's just say so lets not divert to other subjects.

Robert Fischer
03-28-2009, 12:05 AM
So you are saying that a $48,000 allowance horse is just as good as your Derby choice Quality Road ??

8 hundredths of a second is almost meaningless.

lets stick to the subject - comparing final times from different days and misinterpreting that as the deciding factor between two horses...

I would say the older experienced horse is about .08 second slower than Quality Road.... did you not want to talk about Dunkirk and Justwhistledixie ?

If you don't want to compare Dunkirk's race with Justwhistledixie's just say so lets not divert to other subjects.

draynay
03-28-2009, 12:24 AM
So you are saying that a $48,000 allowance horse is just as good as your Derby choice Quality Road ??

8 hundredths of a second is almost meaningless.

lets stick to the subject - comparing final times from different days and misinterpreting that as the deciding factor between two horses...

Robert ??? These horses are experienced older horses that have been in many Graded Stakes races..... and the winner ran slower than a 3 year old in March... what does that tell you ???

I guess there is no chance of getting you to compare Dunkirk's race with Justwhistledixie is there....... :(

Dahoss9698
03-28-2009, 12:26 AM
My head hurts

Robert Fischer
03-28-2009, 12:31 AM
You're a character Draynay! :ThmbUp:
It's past my bedtime. Big day tomorrow.

Robert ??? These horses are experienced older horses that have been in many Graded Stakes races..... and the winner ran slower than a 3 year old in March... what does that tell you ???

I guess there is no chance of getting you to compare Dunkirk's race with Justwhistledixie is there....... :(

Tom
03-28-2009, 10:17 AM
That was fun.

onefast99
03-28-2009, 11:47 AM
That was fun.
Another post that is about times and of course Dunkirk. How do you compare times on different days? American revolution won the other day in a $25k starter breaking the track record by 2/5ths of a second, how does that compare with the high price allowance horses or the high price claimers running slower times? it doesnt and neither does draynays theory that each race is mysteriously linked to other races days and weeks apart. This was an attempt to start a thread based on nonsense and thats pretty much the extent of draynays bait and switch routine.

draynay
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Another post that is about times and of course Dunkirk. How do you compare times on different days? American revolution won the other day in a $25k starter breaking the track record by 2/5ths of a second, how does that compare with the high price allowance horses or the high price claimers running slower times? it doesnt and neither does draynays theory that each race is mysteriously linked to other races days and weeks apart. This was an attempt to start a thread based on nonsense and thats pretty much the extent of draynays bait and switch routine.

Maybe you find it to be nonsense but I don't. You can't compare the same track on different days ? Who says ? I have been going to Gulfstream since 1982 so what do I know. Compare the races or don't I could care less. Unlike you I am trying to give some people food for thought if you don't want to eat don't eat. My point is the races between Dunkirk and Justwhistledixie have a lot in common. It tells me Dunkirk is not as special as people think but I guess we will know for sure in a few hours. :ThmbDown:

rastajenk
03-28-2009, 12:59 PM
If HANA ever rates message boards, this one is sure to count against us.

Relwob Owner
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM

Dont engage the guy....it aint worth it

onefast99
03-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Maybe you find it to be nonsense but I don't. You can't compare the same track on different days ? Who says ? I have been going to Gulfstream since 1982 so what do I know. Compare the races or don't I could care less. Unlike you I am trying to give some people food for thought if you don't want to eat don't eat. My point is the races between Dunkirk and Justwhistledixie have a lot in common. It tells me Dunkirk is not as special as people think but I guess we will know for sure in a few hours. :ThmbDown:
And the track surface has been changed 4 times since you began going, keep trying those handicapping techniques I am sure you win everytime you go. Good luck today it is probably your swan song!

Relwob Owner
03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
And the track surface has been changed 4 times since you began going, keep trying those handicapping techniques I am sure you win everytime you go. Good luck today it is probably your swan song!

Shit....I been a Beyer guy for 25 years and now i learn that track biases dont exist and times can be compared evenly from day to day???? Shoot, so much wasted money:)

Just when i thought his posts couldnt get any more ignorant...........