PDA

View Full Version : D Wayne Lucas does it again

lamboguy
03-27-2009, 06:11 PM
HAMAZING DESTINY purchased for $1.2 million after an impressive maiden win in oaklawn park feb.7. lucas decides this is his kentucky derby so enters him in the grade II rebel stakes at oaklawn park. the horse gets dusted by a good larry jones old fashioned who happened to finish last. lucas decides that race must have been a fluke, he appears 13 days later in an allowance race at oaklawn, loses to a horse that broke his makden at remington park, and another horse that broke his maiden for $25k in fair grounds. he finishes a distant 3rd.

maybe thta is a prep race for the blue grass. in my world i would not buy that horse for $5k now after 6 weeks in the lucas program.

we love you d.wayne, please retire already

the little guy
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
I wonder if D. Wayne Lukas knows there is an imposter out there besmirching his good name.

DrugS
03-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Lambo is the world's biggest fan of these Super-Trainers.

Going from Mac Robertson to DWL is like going from one of the world's greatest move-up guys that no one's heard of to one of the world's greatest regression trainers that everyone's heard of.

Lukas should be buying stuff off of guys like Hal Wiggins instead of alchemits like Mac Robertson ... who take Jamie Ness to the school yard at Canterbury Park every summer.

As for Lambo though .... hey, I guess someone's gotta be a rabid Steph Beattie fan.

cj
03-27-2009, 07:08 PM
I believe he is related to that great basketball player Jerry Lukas.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Lambo is the world's biggest fan of these Super-Trainers.

Going from Mac Robertson to DWL is like going from one of the world's greatest move-up guys that no one's heard of to one of the world's greatest regression trainers that everyone's heard of.

Lukas should be buying stuff off of guys like Hal Wiggins instead of alchemits like Mac Robertson ... who take Jamie Ness to the school yard at Canterbury Park every summer.

As for Lambo though .... hey, I guess someone's gotta be a rabid Steph Beattie fan.

You hit that nail on the head.....
My favorite quote is that Beattie is a "terrific horse person" and "she gets on all of her horses and doesnt run the horses til they are right"....definitely a blind spot there....

lamboguy
03-27-2009, 07:52 PM
you guys are so right, i ain't got a clue. i think everyone should step up to the plate and spend $1.2 million, give the horse to d wayne, and watch your money disintegrate. why not give it to charity, there are plenty of handicapped children in this country that could use our help. or family's that have their husbands oversea's fighting wars for us that think that trainer's are useing super drugs to fleece us out of money. yes, you can chop my head off, i must be naiive, i don't think that stephanie beattie uses superdrugs.

i am nuts, pure nuts,

PaceAdvantage
03-27-2009, 08:03 PM
How do people still, to this day, misspell the name of arguably the most famous and well known Thoroughbred horse trainer alive?

Damn, it's only five letters!

JustRalph
03-27-2009, 08:24 PM
How do people still, to this day, misspell the name of arguably the most famous and well known Thoroughbred horse trainer alive?

Damn, it's only five letters!

it is more than five letters, it is six

Dutrow! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tribecaagent
03-27-2009, 08:26 PM
I've read on this board, Nick Zito is way too ambitious placing his three year olds and if another trainer acted as he, they'd be hammered. Now, Wayne Lukas should just hang em' up altogether.....hhmm??

When D'Tara & Charismatic brought home the money, these guys were brilliant horsemen.

All I know is one thing, I miss Wayne and have for the last few years. When the immortal Woody Stephens was asked what he'd be doing if he wasn't training racehorses, Woody said "Hell, I'd be walkin' hots for Lukas"

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 08:48 PM
you guys are so right, i ain't got a clue. i think everyone should step up to the plate and spend $1.2 million, give the horse to d wayne, and watch your money disintegrate. why not give it to charity, there are plenty of handicapped children in this country that could use our help. or family's that have their husbands oversea's fighting wars for us that think that trainer's are useing super drugs to fleece us out of money. yes, you can chop my head off, i must be naiive, i don't think that stephanie beattie uses superdrugs.

i am nuts, pure nuts,

I would rather lose money with trainers that dont use drugs than win with ones who do....

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 08:52 PM

i am nuts, pure nuts,

Yeah, you are right....she is about 45 percent first off the claim....yeah, that makes sense....good lord man, wake up.

it simply isnt possible to improve horses at such a high percentage and in such a small period of time as she does by not doing something fishy-she ruins racing at Penn and CT and other mid atlantic tracks.....she will get caught one of these days and I cant wait-hope Cole goes down with her

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 08:55 PM

i am nuts, pure nuts,

Look at horses and how they perform before they are with her and after, regardless of the quality of trainer they have on either end.

What is amazing is the negative effect people like her have on the game.....owning is harder, betting is less interesting and moral is lower.....you probably think everyone on Wall Street plays by the rules too....

lamboguy
03-27-2009, 09:07 PM
if you give me 1 ounce of proof that she is drugging her horses with illegal stuff i will give you $50.00.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 09:12 PM
if you give me 1 ounce of proof that she is drugging her horses with illegal stuff i will give you $50.00.

If you give me one ounce of proof she isnt, i will give you $100.00

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 09:20 PM

She has blown tests and was suspended last year....I will send you a PM with my info so you can send me a check....

toussaud
03-27-2009, 09:35 PM
i dont' think it has anything to do with drugs. i just think that d wayne somehow manages to find a sprinter in a haystack.

it's like for the lsat 5 years, every half ass decent horse he gets, is a sprinter. Which is sad becuase this horse, is probably worth a million dollars.. AS A SPRINTER. but he'll never get the chance. Flying First Class was a first class sprinter that never lost a race under a mile, we all see where he ended up. A freaking cal bred running down in oaklawn trying to get graded stakes earnings tog et in the derby. FFC should have been a Sunshine Millions sprint legend.

Anyway, it's the horses. they just aren't that good. no one is giving him really good stock anymore.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
i dont' think it has anything to do with drugs. i just think that d wayne somehow manages to find a sprinter in a haystack.

it's like for the lsat 5 years, every half ass decent horse he gets, is a sprinter. Which is sad becuase this horse, is probably worth a million dollars.. AS A SPRINTER. but he'll never get the chance. Flying First Class was a first class sprinter that never lost a race under a mile, we all see where he ended up. A freaking cal bred running down in oaklawn trying to get graded stakes earnings tog et in the derby. FFC should have been a Sunshine Millions sprint legend.

Anyway, it's the horses. they just aren't that good. no one is giving him really good stock anymore.

well put

lamboguy
03-27-2009, 10:43 PM
she didn't blow test's for illegal drugs, she got nailed for clenbuterol to soon before the race which i believe is questionable to both of us when you are dealing with a time factor. as far as i know there is nothing illegal about clenbuterol these days except for the amount of time a jurisdiction allows you before a race.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 10:50 PM
she didn't blow test's for illegal drugs, she got nailed for clenbuterol to soon before the race which i believe is questionable to both of us when you are dealing with a time factor. as far as i know there is nothing illegal about clenbuterol these days except for the amount of time a jurisdiction allows you before a race.

Did she break the rules?????? Yep......just cause you havent gotten caught doesnt mean you arent stealing.

Listen--I would love to be as blind as you-I would end up being a lot less frustrated. You seem to be a guy who knows a decent amount about horses. So, when you know how hard it is to win a race and then you look at her, her percentage of wins off claims and the short timeframes, and how horses do before and after they are with.....you have to admit it looks suspicious.....but, if you dont want to admit that, I dont really care....ignorance must be bliss....

lamboguy
03-27-2009, 11:05 PM
we had a horse with the master about 12 years ago. she win in kentucky in april as a 2 year old, beats the boys in the wha stake kentucky derby day. then he got her in the astoria, and she falls apart. her name was holliday runner. the guy that owned her sends her to timmy ritchey and he can't ever revive her. she was real fast, but was an early bird that could have used more time to develop. she wound up in the ring with joe louis then mohammed ali. same thing like this nice horse that got destroyed today.

it breaks my heart to watch it. this guy had lots of talent. i admit he had a real nice one with serena's song and did the same thing and got away with it. but the point i am trying to make is that not all of them can hold up, and maybe better judgement could have prevailed.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 11:09 PM
we had a horse with the master about 12 years ago. she win in kentucky in april as a 2 year old, beats the boys in the wha stake kentucky derby day. then he got her in the astoria, and she falls apart. her name was holliday runner. the guy that owned her sends her to timmy ritchey and he can't ever revive her. she was real fast, but was an early bird that could have used more time to develop. she wound up in the ring with joe louis then mohammed ali. same thing like this nice horse that got destroyed today.

it breaks my heart to watch it. this guy had lots of talent. i admit he had a real nice one with serena's song and did the same thing and got away with it. but the point i am trying to make is that not all of them can hold up, and maybe better judgement could have prevailed.

You talk like you actually care about the animals and then you support a hack like Beattie-pick a side, please....do you ever wonder what happens to the horses that Beattie and Cole claim, drop and dont hear from again????? I dont think you want to know.....so, either be the "anything goes" guy and accept a chemist like Beattie or be a person who cares about the animals and curse her....dont play both sides

magwell
03-27-2009, 11:26 PM
I would rather lose money with trainers that dont use drugs than win with ones who do.... I just cant help it..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lamboguy
03-27-2009, 11:28 PM
she treats her horses real good. everyone should treat them like her. you have not established that she does cruel things to them. she gives them legal drugs, she got a poor test due to judgement that she administered the drug to close to race time, which would be called taking an edge.

every trainer should treat their horses as well as she does, they all get cadilac care. maybe that's why she wins right away. think about it, you have not proved one thing that has any consequence to it.

i have a trainer that has an older horse, he has had the horse 4 different times, no one else can get the horse to win. he has a way of training the horse into the race where the hosre responds. he has no bad drug tests and is a high percentage trainer. good trainers know how to improve horses immediately. i wish i could go to them, they won't take on new guys. i am not saying there aren't trainers that try to take edges, because i am sure there are. but for you to consistantly accuse stephanie beattie of cheating you out of money and you have no real evidence of it is completely wrong.

by making that assumption means you are accusing the whole racing establishment of illegal procedures. if she was doing the things you think she is doing she would have been banned from the game already. her horses are tested and retested because of the accusations you make and there has never produced one illegal substance to date.

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 11:51 PM
she treats her horses real good. everyone should treat them like her. you have not established that she does cruel things to them. she gives them legal drugs, she got a poor test due to judgement that she administered the drug to close to race time, which would be called taking an edge.

every trainer should treat their horses as well as she does, they all get cadilac care. maybe that's why she wins right away. think about it, you have not proved one thing that has any consequence to it.

i have a trainer that has an older horse, he has had the horse 4 different times, no one else can get the horse to win. he has a way of training the horse into the race where the hosre responds. he has no bad drug tests and is a high percentage trainer. good trainers know how to improve horses immediately. i wish i could go to them, they won't take on new guys. i am not saying there aren't trainers that try to take edges, because i am sure there are. but for you to consistantly accuse stephanie beattie of cheating you out of money and you have no real evidence of it is completely wrong.

by making that assumption means you are accusing the whole racing establishment of illegal procedures. if she was doing the things you think she is doing she would have been banned from the game already. her horses are tested and retested because of the accusations you make and there has never produced one illegal substance to date.

Blew a test, was suspended, is a cheater-documented proof...keep trying to explain it away but fact is, she violated the rules and was caught....if she cares so much about her horses, then why does she send clueless hotwalkers to claim them at CT?.....

For you to have such faith in the testing procedures at different tracks is laughable---ever wonder why her horses rarely win at Aqueduct but win at Penn and CT? think about it...

I do agree that horses can improve when they are cared for in a better fashion, but how do they improve 20-30 Beyer points in two weeks? better oats?

I just wonder why a trainer that bats 46 percent isnt getting horses at bigger and more reputable tracks? You would think owners would be flooding her with requests-hmmmmmm

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 11:54 PM
I just cant help it..... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey man, I gotta sleep at night....go ahead and laugh but I am not idiotic enough to think that if my trainer is winning at 46 percent, he/she isnt cheating.....if that makes you laugh, whatever

Relwob Owner
03-27-2009, 11:56 PM

And I gotta ask, you seem to name drop a lot and act like you have the inside scoop on things---how do you have so much info on Beattie? I am also guessing that D. Wayne burned you pretty good....so good that you forgot how to spell his last name correctly

lamboguy
03-28-2009, 12:12 AM
she does not go to charlestown, she sends the horse down from penn. national. she does not want the pressure of developing a barn full of young horses. i asked her to take a good horse she didn't want to. she doesn't have many owners either.

the owner you always talk about is cole. he claims horses without looking at them in the paddock. he recently claimed a bunch of sore horses in florida. i haven't seen them yet. no one is perfect, you can live your whole life accusing her of using illegal drugs. i am going to repeat myself, they have never found a positive for illegal substance in the tests of her horses. they found traces of clenbuterol in the horses system that should not have been there after the race, meaning it was administered to late. there are other trainers that have the same positive, and i don't see you accusing them of cheating.

i don't know exactly how many wins and seconds stephanie has, but i would guess they would be in the thousands. they found one case with a late administer of clenbuterol out of all those placings, and you have decided that that is the basis of her cheating on all her wins. you have not been able to offer one other piece of evidence for me to hand you the $50 i promise to give you for finding a drug test that comes out positive for an illegal substance. i don't know how well you know her, but to me you make her out to be a dispicable person. i wonder if you actually have met her personally for you to form your opion's on her, or if you got your information second hand.

if you asked me would we be better off in the horse business without all these drugs i would agree. lately it seems like its the vets training the horses and not the trainer's. there is to much racing going on, and as a result there are more medications being administered. that makes a bi-product of poorly bred animals now.

personally i would prefer to breed to unraced mares because they have less chance of being loaded up with lassix and other bad things.

Relwob Owner
03-28-2009, 01:19 PM
she does not go to charlestown, she sends the horse down from penn. national. she does not want the pressure of developing a barn full of young horses. i asked her to take a good horse she didn't want to. she doesn't have many owners either.

the owner you always talk about is cole. he claims horses without looking at them in the paddock. he recently claimed a bunch of sore horses in florida. i haven't seen them yet. no one is perfect, you can live your whole life accusing her of using illegal drugs. i am going to repeat myself, they have never found a positive for illegal substance in the tests of her horses. they found traces of clenbuterol in the horses system that should not have been there after the race, meaning it was administered to late. there are other trainers that have the same positive, and i don't see you accusing them of cheating.

i don't know exactly how many wins and seconds stephanie has, but i would guess they would be in the thousands. they found one case with a late administer of clenbuterol out of all those placings, and you have decided that that is the basis of her cheating on all her wins. you have not been able to offer one other piece of evidence for me to hand you the $50 i promise to give you for finding a drug test that comes out positive for an illegal substance. i don't know how well you know her, but to me you make her out to be a dispicable person. i wonder if you actually have met her personally for you to form your opion's on her, or if you got your information second hand.

if you asked me would we be better off in the horse business without all these drugs i would agree. lately it seems like its the vets training the horses and not the trainer's. there is to much racing going on, and as a result there are more medications being administered. that makes a bi-product of poorly bred animals now.

personally i would prefer to breed to unraced mares because they have less chance of being loaded up with lassix and other bad things.

Well, on the whole, I guess we just agree to disagree about Beattie---it sure looks suspicious because it is hard for a trainer to regularly hit at over 40 percent but oh well---you seem to know her better than I do...I dont want to become a one trick poster and keep whining about it so I am done.....one good thing though is that if you beat her horses, you always get good odds:)

lamboguy
03-28-2009, 01:44 PM
its not hard to figure out what stephanie is doing, she has 10 horses to fit every condition she runs in. she just goes thru her barn and enters the horses that are doing the best to run in the race. she must have 100 horses to choose from. not everyone else is at the liberty to pick and choose like her. if her horse is doing poorly she waits until he is better. its really that simple. you will probably go to your grave believing she is druggin her horse and has the inside scoop to get away with it. you couldn't be more wrong!

Relwob Owner
03-28-2009, 01:53 PM
its not hard to figure out what stephanie is doing, she has 10 horses to fit every condition she runs in. she just goes thru her barn and enters the horses that are doing the best to run in the race. she must have 100 horses to choose from. not everyone else is at the liberty to pick and choose like her. if her horse is doing poorly she waits until he is better. its really that simple. you will probably go to your grave believing she is druggin her horse and has the inside scoop to get away with it. you couldn't be more wrong!

Right, better stock and places the horses well.......wow

Your theory has so many holes in it....one being that she rarely lays her horses off at all-they claim and come right back....I must say that the image of her walking around her barn picking and choosing which ones to run and then picking ones to "wait" with is hilarious....

I do admit that I dont blame her I guess....cheating isnt my thing but if you arent going to get caught then I guess it aint cheating----you act like the boards who monitor cheating are all tight but I would compare them to the SEC with Madoff the last 25 years.....to catch her, they would actually have to get off their asses and do work and the guys at her tracks, especially at CT arent fond of doing that...

If you are going to support her, then all I ask is that you stop whining about Lukas breaking down horses when (it is my opinion) Beattie is a thief and a danger to the game and you support her....

Your"name a violation" game is so weak because if she had been caught, she wouldnt still be running......the good thing is that in general in life, what goes around comes around and when she does get caught, I will be a smiling....now, get back to your cluelessness

Relwob Owner
03-28-2009, 02:06 PM

Let me attempt to approach this from a different way....when baseball players started getting noticeably bigger and certain players's stats started to dwarf the other players, it was obvious for many years that they were using something, possibly illegal to get ahead. But from the earloy 90's on, everyone said that it wasnt the case and to prove their case. Well, it was impossible because the dopers would constantly stay ahead of the tests.

IT IS MY OPINION that is precisely what is happening with Beattie----she hits at over 45 percent and you as a supposed horseperson cant even begin to think that something might be up? By not even allowing the possibility, you are admitting to a pretty basic ignorance of the game. Good trainers hit at 25, maybe 30 percent. She is at nearly twice that.

Your theory that she takes "better care" of horses is proved incorrect because of the timeframe she often improves them in....there is no amount of good care that can happen in two or three weeks that can improve a hors 20 Beyer points-just cant happen....it usually takes that long just to flush out all of the crap in them and get them on a better program. If she was improving horses over the course of time(like Dutrow often does), i could understand it but her improvements are instant.

I admit---she is smart and she(or her owner) is probably a great chemist and great at not getting caught-past that, she is a disgrace to the game.

lamboguy
03-28-2009, 02:23 PM
did you ever stop and think that the people she gets the horses frommight be clueless. like now knowing how to shoe the horse properly, or using the wrong bit, or not having the greatest eating program?

i don't think you have, because that is what she is doing, claiming off the weak links in the game and getting immediate turnarounds.

Relwob Owner
03-28-2009, 03:09 PM
did you ever stop and think that the people she gets the horses frommight be clueless. like now knowing how to shoe the horse properly, or using the wrong bit, or not having the greatest eating program?

i don't think you have, because that is what she is doing, claiming off the weak links in the game and getting immediate turnarounds.

Better food,correct bit, proper shoes equals 20 plus Beyer improvement and 45 percent winners.....get a frickin clue man

PaceAdvantage
03-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Better food,correct bit, proper shoes equals 20 plus Beyer improvement and 45 percent winners.....get a frickin clue manYou've made your point. No need to get nasty.

And I had to edit several of your posts because you are stating certain controversial things as FACTS...not OPINION (which they are, absent proof which I assume you don't have).

AC=ass covering

jotb
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Hello all:

Just some of Robert Cole's claims.

1- Dippi Trippi claimed for 30k on 11-3-08 ran last for 5k.
2- Marias Golden Rose claimed for 25k on 12-18-08 ran last for 14k.
3- Makinmoon claimed for 25k on 1-18-09 now running for 4k
4- Robyn Chief claimed for 16k on 11-28-08 ran last for 4k
5- Helookslikearnold claimed for 25k on 12-12-08 ran last for 7.5k
6- Birds Away claimed for 15k on 06-25-08 ran last for 4k
7- Bookwork claimed for 10k on 7-10-08 ran last for 5k
8- Hobbitontherocks claimed for 12.5k on 9-22-08 ran last for 6.5k
9- Secret Field claimed for 4k on 7-12-08 ran last for 5k
10-Angel Veloz claimed for 12.5k on 10-29-08 ran last for 5k
11-Fret claimed for 8k on 10-20-07 ran last for 4k on 4-10-08 2008 (never ran again)
12-Cherokee time claimed for 25k on 4-13-08 ran last for 10k on 6-13-08 (never ran again)
13- Go Vamouse claimed for 10k on 2-29-08 ran last for 5k on 7-8-08 (never ran again)
14- Minersdixiegirl claimed for 7.5k on 5-31-08 ran last for 4k on 8-8-08 (never ran again)
15-Catiolicia claimed for 25k on 3-9-08 ran last for 4k on 9-19-08 (never ran again)
16-Joie de Vie claimed for 16k on 12-21-08 ran last for 15k on 3-15-09
17-Devilish Bessie claimed for 25k on 3-12-09 ran last for 16k on 3-26-09
18-Win Picture claimed for 25k on 10-14-08 ran last for 10k on 3-25-09
19- Sir Silver Fox claimed for 50k on 7-13-08 ran last for 32k on 3-21-09

lamboguy
03-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Hello all:

Just some of Robert Cole's claims.

1- Dippi Trippi claimed for 30k on 11-3-08 ran last for 5k.
2- Marias Golden Rose claimed for 25k on 12-18-08 ran last for 14k.
3- Makinmoon claimed for 25k on 1-18-09 now running for 4k
4- Robyn Chief claimed for 16k on 11-28-08 ran last for 4k
5- Helookslikearnold claimed for 25k on 12-12-08 ran last for 7.5k
6- Birds Away claimed for 15k on 06-25-08 ran last for 4k
7- Bookwork claimed for 10k on 7-10-08 ran last for 5k
8- Hobbitontherocks claimed for 12.5k on 9-22-08 ran last for 6.5k
9- Secret Field claimed for 4k on 7-12-08 ran last for 5k
10-Angel Veloz claimed for 12.5k on 10-29-08 ran last for 5k
11-Fret claimed for 8k on 10-20-07 ran last for 4k on 4-10-08 2008 (never ran again)
12-Cherokee time claimed for 25k on 4-13-08 ran last for 10k on 6-13-08 (never ran again)
13- Go Vamouse claimed for 10k on 2-29-08 ran last for 5k on 7-8-08 (never ran again)
14- Minersdixiegirl claimed for 7.5k on 5-31-08 ran last for 4k on 8-8-08 (never ran again)
15-Catiolicia claimed for 25k on 3-9-08 ran last for 4k on 9-19-08 (never ran again)
16-Joie de Vie claimed for 16k on 12-21-08 ran last for 15k on 3-15-09
17-Devilish Bessie claimed for 25k on 3-12-09 ran last for 16k on 3-26-09
18-Win Picture claimed for 25k on 10-14-08 ran last for 10k on 3-25-09
19- Sir Silver Fox claimed for 50k on 7-13-08 ran last for 32k on 3-21-09

thank you for this post. one thing i know for sure, you are in the heat of the battles on a daily basis. you know alot more than myself. i sit in my room in boston while you are at the track hustling your riders.

the point that you just brought out is that some owners are buying their wins. so its the owner that is making trainers look good. stephanie beattie does a tremendous job, she does not deserve to get ambushed for winning, especially without any evidence of wrong doing. you know better than i about the testing procedures and how lots of times they are inaccurate when you have to rely on an element of human judgement to decide time factors.

jotb
03-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Robert Cole claims plenty of horses and does quite well. One of the reasons he does well with his horses is because they are properly placed. He takes horses that have been running against better and puts them in races where they can win. Do many of his horses climb the ladder after he claims them? Absolutely not. He constantly jams these horses in. Many of them find themselves on the bottom after he gets done with them. You can't take off this guy and expect to win because many of them are out of conditions and hit the bottom. He took Dippi Trippi for 30k and win once with the horse in a double beaten 5k. He took Angel Veloz for 12.5k back in Oct 08 and finally won a race with her for 5k. This was after 5 starts starts. He just claimed a West Virginia Bred by the name of Silver Heart for 20k. This 4yo filly has won 5 starts but all in West Virginia Bred races. She's eligible for an open NW2L. I'm pretty sure he will win at least 1 race with her. Cole has the edge at CT. He knows most trainers here at CT won't take off him so he has a license to steal. He knows that most owners at CT won't allow their trainers to properly place their horse because they don't want to lose their horse. These owners can't play the game like Cole does. This is the truth.

lamboguy
03-29-2009, 01:31 PM
Robert Cole claims plenty of horses and does quite well. One of the reasons he does well with his horses is because they are properly placed. He takes horses that have been running against better and puts them in races where they can win. Do many of his horses climb the ladder after he claims them? Absolutely not. He constantly jams these horses in. Many of them find themselves on the bottom after he gets done with them. You can't take off this guy and expect to win because many of them are out of conditions and hit the bottom. He took Dippi Trippi for 30k and win once with the horse in a double beaten 5k. He took Angel Veloz for 12.5k back in Oct 08 and finally won a race with her for 5k. This was after 5 starts starts. He just claimed a West Virginia Bred by the name of Silver Heart for 20k. This 4yo filly has won 5 starts but all in West Virginia Bred races. She's eligible for an open NW2L. I'm pretty sure he will win at least 1 race with her. Cole has the edge at CT. He knows most trainers here at CT won't take off him so he has a license to steal. He knows that most owners at CT won't allow their trainers to properly place their horse because they don't want to lose their horse. These owners can't play the game like Cole does. This is the truth.

i lost the shake for angel of veloz in medowlands to rigaterri for $10k. she won that day.

cole is a sharp guy not a drug man.

Relwob Owner
03-29-2009, 02:07 PM
You've made your point. No need to get nasty.

And I had to edit several of your posts because you are stating certain controversial things as FACTS...not OPINION (which they are, absent proof which I assume you don't have).

AC=ass covering

PA-sorry to get chippy and I get your point.

I am also getting tired of hearing myself post about this....I dont have any proof just a ton of circumstantial evidence and an opinion.....

Relwob Owner
03-29-2009, 02:23 PM
i lost the shake for angel of veloz in medowlands to rigaterri for $10k. she won that day.

cole is a sharp guy not a drug man.

OK, you win, I am done debating....I cant change your mind and you cant change mine---I am tired of seeing my own posts at this point and give up:)-good luck to ya

ralph_the_cat
04-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Beattie is a 25% trainer that wins at 30-40%... sounds weird right... the single best trainer at placing horses... she goes through so many horses, yet she'll take a $5k pony and win an ALW race... or take an ALW horse and run them down your throats for $5k... for someone to have that many horses yet is aware of who to drop and who to bump up is pretty dam impressive... Once you get that "dont claim from that trainer, they use something" label, you're all set... you can run them down other trainers throats... just like at MNR, lambo guy sees it, guys like roberto and davis, most avoid claiming from(yet some have had success)... they'll take a horse that has won big at other tracks and get away with murder for 5k... they'll collect 4 in a row with one horse like its nothing, against soft fields...

Relwob... you're funny, calling lambo guy clueless... yet saying you would rather have a trainer that doesnt drug vs. one that does... show me a horse that doesnt have a drug in their system... and Ill show you a horse that doesnt race... As a small time trainer, the hardest part of keeping up with the big dog trainers, is keeping up with the extremely high costs of legal drugs they use to compete...

your line about why horses win at CT and Penn vs. AQU was great too... why is it? drug testing?... it has nothing to do with soft fields and trainers that live in trailer parks?...

WinterTriangle
04-01-2009, 01:09 AM
HAMAZING DESTINY purchased for $1.2 million after an impressive maiden win in oaklawn park feb.7. lucas decides this is his kentucky derby so enters him in the grade II rebel stakes at oaklawn park. the horse gets dusted by a good larry jones old fashioned who happened to finish last. lucas decides that race must have been a fluke, he appears 13 days later in an allowance race at oaklawn, loses to a horse that broke his makden at remington park, and another horse that broke his maiden for $25k in fair grounds. he finishes a distant 3rd.

maybe thta is a prep race for the blue grass. in my world i would not buy that horse for $5k now after 6 weeks in the lucas program.

we love you d.wayne, please retire already

I dunno, Lambo, not a big Lukas fan, but Hamazing Destiny is a nice horse...His first race he destroyed the field. I posted the story on another forum the day Lukas got him becuase I thought Lukas must have seen something in him he wanted to work with. When Lukas got him he was running 6F and his pedigree is indeed, sprinter, but it appeared from watching the workouts that Lukas immediately started to try to put some bottom in him and stretch him out. The horse can't turn into a router overnight, and so while everyone else was wagering on him when they heard he was Lukas's latest greatest, I sat at Oaklawn just watching this horse. Then, it appeared right before the Rebel that the drills descended in the other direction, from 1 miles to 3F, very odd way to train a sprinter you're trying to stretch out.

HD was totally outclassed and distance-challenged to run in the Rebel, what was this, his 2nd or 3rd race? but I truly do not think Lukas even pegged him to win. perhaps he wanted the horse to experience running in better company.

quite frankly, I thought running Silver City in the Rebel at 1 1/16th,was way more absurd. The horse has a sprinter's stride, I've seen him run many times. He's maxed out at 1 mile, I wouldn't have wagered him at this distance at all. Probably sweet spot is about 7F. Talk about ruining a horse!!!! Yet he was going off as the favorite. I was stunned.

anyway, I like Hamazing Destiny, he's a nice fast horse.

lamboguy
04-01-2009, 05:24 AM
i know that uncle lou trains his horses up and down hills. his exercise rider is his wife. his horses don't run unless they make it up the hill. the horses tell him when they are ready to run, also they attack the feed tubs to the nines.

the horses you see on the track are never sore horses, if he see's any risk in running a bad horse he simply will not run the horse.

i had a 10 length win with one of my horses. when the horse came back to the barn he had heat in his ankle. it didn't go away 2 weeks later, he had the horse x-rayed and found a chip in his sesamoid. he told me he don't want to risk the horse, he blistered the horse and found a girl that took him as a riding horse. i could not have been more impressed with the man.

my horse had a big number from the race he had just won, and more than likely would have been claimed if i ran him back in the same level, 3 months later the girl and the horse are still happy