PDA

View Full Version : BRIS PPs

Observer
04-18-2003, 06:55 PM
Does it bother anyone else that BRIS does not indicate off-the-turf races with a symbol in their PPs .. making it look as if the horse was given a meaningful surface switch to dirt.

BRIS has made several updates recently, which I find helpful .. but what is taking them so long to get this symbol? I can't be the only one who would like to see this addition, can I??

Secretariat
04-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Yes, the turf to dirt change not being there is a pain. Another thing that bothers me about Bris is in the XRD Results files, they show if the surface changed, but not if the distance changed. For example, some tracks when they change from turf to dirt also slightly adjust the distance. I hope they fix this as well. (I also wish they'd add a foreign horse indicator in their DRF files as well.)

Observer
04-18-2003, 10:30 PM
57 views and 6 votes to this point? Sorry, I'm not complaining, but please take a moment and make a selection on this vote .. maybe if there is enough interest generated in getting this addition made .. this poll could be sent to BRIS to show them this change is desperately desired.

Thanks for your help! (I guess I'm on a mission!)

:D :) :D

Observer
04-22-2003, 03:08 PM
(Still hoping to get some more responses on this poll)

Fastracehorse
04-22-2003, 03:31 PM
Can't comment.

fffastt

takeout
04-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Observer

BRIS has made several updates recently, which I find helpful .. but what is taking them so long to get this symbol? I can't be the only one who would like to see this addition, can I??
Do any of the others have a symbol for this or is it just not out there?

Fastracehorse
04-22-2003, 06:48 PM
Of course DRF does.

Prob others too.

Goes to show the fan comes last again.

takeout
04-22-2003, 07:21 PM
What does the symbol look like and where is it found?

Zaf
04-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Right after the distance there is an x with a circle around it.

ZAFONIC

Fastracehorse
04-22-2003, 07:51 PM
I don't understand why Bris wouldn't have this symbol.

It is so elementary to handicapping.

fffastt

takeout
04-22-2003, 08:25 PM
Are we talking about two different things?

The x with the circle around it just means turf race, right? Is there some symbol that shows that a race was taken off of the turf?

Fastracehorse
04-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Turf is a T with a circle or a box around it.

fffastt

takeout
04-22-2003, 09:16 PM
Thanks guys. I don't do turf. Can you tell? :)

Observer
04-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Fastracehorse@DRF
I don't understand why Bris wouldn't have this symbol.

I don't understand it either .. I've seen them upgrade their PPs a few times since I've been using them .. and still this remains an elusive element .. that's why I'm taking this on as my mission.

Thanks to everyone who has responded .. and I understand if BRIS is not your choice for PPs .. maybe I should run another poll on whether or not the off-the-turf symbol is helpful when handicapping.

:D :) :D

takeout
04-23-2003, 12:56 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding anything about the pp business. You have DRF getting info from EQ but showing up as different stuff in DRF, some of it incorrect. Then you have BRIS who uses "DRF data" but doesn't have that off-the-turf symbol. Go figure.

In the pp world I think it's the best of times and the worst of times. They have tons more stuff in them than ever before but I often wonder how all of this added info is handled. I notice little differences now and then when comparing.

Not too long ago I was sitting next to a guy with a DRF and I had TSN's. I noticed in one of the races that he had two sale prices that the TSN's didn't have. In a later race I noticed that the TSN's had two sale prices that the DRF didn't have. Makes me wonder if they are pulling this stuff from different places or what?

Observer
04-25-2003, 03:51 PM
Anyone else for a vote??