PDA

View Full Version : Beethoven out of FLA DERBY

sam i am
03-25-2009, 04:52 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/102460.html

sorry to here this, I am a big fan of J. Ward and I really liked the way the horse was going, doubt he will make the starting gate in KY DERBY...I had a good Future bet. Ward will do the right by the horse.

supercap
03-26-2009, 10:37 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/102460.html

sorry to here this, I am a big fan of J. Ward and I really liked the way the horse was going, doubt he will make the starting gate in KY DERBY...I had a good Future bet. Ward will do the right by the horse.

Working him in the slop at gulf sat jeapordized this horses career. One of the dumbest moves by a trainer in recent history!

ryesteve
03-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Working him in the slop at gulf sat jeapordized this horses career. One of the dumbest moves by a trainer in recent history!
I never knew slop was so deadly...

supercap
03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I never knew slop was so deadly...

Dont think deadly was what I said, Common knowledge not to work horses in the off going. Look at how many works there are when there is an off track compared to a fast track. Horses slip and slide all over easily straining tendons and joints.Have some knowledge before posting wise cracks!!!

ryesteve
03-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Dont think deadly was what I said, Common knowledge not to work horses in the off going. Look at how many works there are when there is an off track compared to a fast track. Horses slip and slide all over easily straining tendons and joints.Have some knowledge before posting wise cracks!!!If you want to draw a distinction between "deadly" and "career-threatening", fine, knock yourself out.

Judging by the GP workout tab, there are plenty of trainers who aren't aware of your "common knowledge"... and there were more workouts that day then on any of the previous 4 days at GP.

So just take your hindsighting armchair training and cram it.

sandpit
03-26-2009, 11:58 AM
I found it ironic that earlier this week Ward was complaining about the Euro horse getting an automatic bid into the Derby, which could cost Beethoven a shot in the Derby, and then a couple of days later his horse is out of it altogether.

supercap
03-26-2009, 12:05 PM
If you want to draw a distinction between "deadly" and "career-threatening", fine, knock yourself out.

Judging by the GP workout tab, there are plenty of trainers who aren't aware of your "common knowledge"... and there were more workouts that day then on any of the previous 4 days at GP.

So just take your hindsighting armchair training and cram it.

Not a hard distinction , dead means dead, career threatening is no more racing. Pretty simple what part dont you get? . If you want to work your horse in the slop be my guest!

magwell
03-26-2009, 12:14 PM
This horse has been sore for at least a month or more as I said in the f.o.y so working him on a off track just finished him off, its a shame and very sad..... shows the pressure these trainers are under to make the big dance.

supercap
03-26-2009, 12:16 PM
This horse has been sore for at least a month or more as I said in the f.o.y so working him on a off track just finished him off, its a shame and very sad..... shows the pressure these trainers are under to make the big dance.

Very confusing move by Ward. He is usually is very cautious!

ryesteve
03-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Not a hard distinction , dead means dead, career threatening is no more racing. Pretty simple what part dont you get?I didn't say "dead", I say "deadly". For instance, a gun is a deadly weapon... however, it's very possible that I could shoot you, and you would not end up dead... but there's a very good chance it could be "career threatening". Got it?

supercap
03-26-2009, 01:03 PM
I didn't say "dead", I say "deadly". For instance, a gun is a deadly weapon... however, it's very possible that I could shoot you, and you would not end up dead... but there's a very good chance it could be "career threatening". Got it?
I think you are starting to confuse yourself !

ryesteve
03-26-2009, 01:15 PM
I think you are starting to confuse yourself !That's what you think? I thought it was very clear. I'm sorry that the english language and the definitions of some words are apparently too much for you to handle.

supercap
03-26-2009, 01:19 PM
That's what you think? I thought it was very clear. I'm sorry that the english language and the definitions of some words are apparently too much for you to handle.
No , I understand that you are confused, keep trying you are gonna be ok!

Dahoss9698
03-26-2009, 05:50 PM

While I agree with your sentiment about trainers under pressure for the most part, I'm not sure how accurate it is in this sense. It's common knowledge how conservative John Ward is with his horses. It seems like they never run and honestly, they don't run a whole lot. Yet Oxley still sends him his horses. He knows what he's getting with Ward, I don't think he was under any pressure. I said after the Holy Bull he had about 3 more races left in him this year. So far, so good.

joanied
03-27-2009, 04:48 PM

Although Einstein wasn't on my Derby list...he was a very nice horse with a nice career ahead of him...yes, it's a shame.
If as you say, magwell, that the colt has been sore for some time (and I can only assume, you are certain of this), then I cannot imagine why Ward (who IS cautious with his horses) worked him on an off track...regardless of how many other's may have trained that moring...if Einstein hasn't been 100%...should have left him in the barn that day.

I see we have disputes over this...as to wether or not taking a horse out in the morning on a muddy track is the wrong thing to do...and, needless to say, there are many variables to this scenario...

but...how many of you remember the great colt 'Hoist the Flag'...he broke down in the morning...I remember that day...the 'dogs' were up, the training track (not the main track) was a mess and hardly any trainer sent out horses...but there was Hoist the Flag out there...and the rest, sadly, is history.

Ya never know:bang:

joanied
03-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Although Einstein wasn't on my Derby list...he was a very nice horse with a nice career ahead of him...yes, it's a shame.
If as you say, magwell, that the colt has been sore for some time (and I can only assume, you are certain of this), then I cannot imagine why Ward (who IS cautious with his horses) worked him on an off track...regardless of how many other's may have trained that moring...if Einstein hasn't been 100%...should have left him in the barn that day.

I see we have disputes over this...as to wether or not taking a horse out in the morning on a muddy track is the wrong thing to do...and, needless to say, there are many variables to this scenario...

but...how many of you remember the great colt 'Hoist the Flag'...he broke down in the morning...I remember that day...the 'dogs' were up, the training track (not the main track) was a mess and hardly any trainer sent out horses...but there was Hoist the Flag out there...and the rest, sadly, is history.

Ya never know:bang:

Hey,hey,hey...before someone corrects me...I'll correct myself...
Beethoven (not Einstein...DUH:faint: )...post still applies. My bad:blush:

magwell
03-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Fla. report (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?p=646693#post646693)

He was washed out and sore yesterday put a fork in him unless they correct whats bothering him....Quality Road looked like the real deal with a stride that will run all day so from fla its all about...[ this was right after he ran 3rd in the f.o.y.]

eastie
03-27-2009, 05:50 PM

pretty obvious this horse had problems. should have been on the farm already.

billytk
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
FWIW I would bet anything Ward runs him in the Bluegrass.