PDA

View Full Version : EXACTA DUTCHING CALCULATOR

markum77
03-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Does anyone have one that will let me put in payoffs and tells me how much for to wager on each combination based on $100 per race total bet. Thanks.

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Do you have Excel?

If so, I could build you one in just a few minutes.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

rrbauer
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Does anyone have one that will let me put in payoffs and tells me how much for to wager on each combination based on $100 per race total bet. Thanks.

Divide the individual payoffs into a constant amount, say $1000.

The quotient from each calculation is the number of tix needed on that
combination. The dividend that you use is the amount that you're trying
to win from the play.

You can use the same approach for any dutching problem so long as you know
what the probable payoff will be.

Example:

Combo 1 paying $50 goes 20 times into $1000
Combo 2 paying $220 goes 5 times into $1000
Combo 3 paying $125 goes 8 times into $1000
Combo 4 paying $90 goes 11 times into $1000
Combo 5 paying $70 goes 15 times into $1000

When the calculations don't come out even, round or truncate
as you see fit. If you're going to be betting $100 per race on exactas I suggest you learn how to do some of these calculations in your head. It really isn't that hard.

markum77
03-25-2009, 03:55 PM
I do have excell..

My problem is sorta messed up thought. I want to dutch the same horse to w in and place so if he comes first or second in the exacta. Thanks for anything you can send..

the chalk i bet win 70% and place 25% about...

The Judge
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
have somethng like this I know that had fair exact payouts based on the odds of each horse, but I think it also apportions the amount on each combination.

Jake
03-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Trying finding a copy of the old Hedge Hog program by George Green. I seem to remember that it had the ability to hedge exacta bets with win bets. Not sure, though.

Jake

pktruckdriver
03-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Do you have Excel?

If so, I could build you one in just a few minutes.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Really , will Open Office spreadsheet work the same as Excell.

I wouldn't mind having something like this, would love it as a matter of fact.

Thanks
Patrick

rrbauer
03-25-2009, 08:12 PM
My problem is sorta messed up thought. I want to dutch the same horse to w in and place so if he comes first or second in the exacta. Thanks for anything you can send..

So you want to use your horse as the key horse in an exacta key box? You just have to get the exacta probables with that horse 1st/2nd with the horses you want to use it with.
Do the calculations to determine bet amounts per combination.
Make the bets.

Nothing messed up about that. I do it all the time. :)

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Markum,

Please be a little more specific on what you want.

1. Are you going to enter every combination in the race or only contenders?
In other words, are we looking at a (say) 5 x 5 grid or 14 x 14?

2. I am assuming that the process is as follows:
a. Enter the amount to wager in the race.
b. Enter the horses you are interested in (i.e. contenders).
c. Enter the prices for each of the combinations

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

PS: (Patrick) Yes, this will be a simple spreadsheet which should work in open office as well.

markum77
03-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Thats exactly what I want. I would say 5x5 would be plenty, I play small fields with little chaos. Isnt it recommended over doing the all button thing in the long run. To be truthful last time i tried to do contenders only, of course a 70 to one ran second. I think in mdn turf races the all button is mandatory...MUch appreciated.

Dave Schwartz
03-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Okay... here is a simple Excel workbook.

I want to stress simple.

Excel 2007
http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Exacta Dutch.xlsx

Excel 2003
http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Exacta Dutch.xls

markum77
03-26-2009, 12:28 PM
THANKS DAVE for your efforts.

Has anyone tried dutching exact keys? Any insight on how deep to go. My initial thought was that i could eliminate those that had no chance most of the time and move the roi up. Or do exactas already reflect that most of the time by being over bet on the likely combinations. I read once to bet speed horse with closers and vice verse. And to not bet two closers or two speeds together. Sure a speed loaded race would be a great place for two closers though. but in a non pace biased environment it seems logical to bet the diff styles together.

rrbauer
03-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Thats exactly what I want. I would say 5x5 would be plenty, I play small fields with little chaos. Isnt it recommended over doing the all button thing in the long run.

So you start out knowing what you want, with a definite strategy and all you need is a spreadsheet macro.

THANKS DAVE for your efforts.

Has anyone tried dutching exact keys? Any insight on how deep to go. My initial thought was that i could eliminate those that had no chance most of the time and move the roi up. Or do exactas already reflect that most of the time by being over bet on the likely combinations. I read once to bet speed horse with closers and vice verse. And to not bet two closers or two speeds together. Sure a speed loaded race would be a great place for two closers though. but in a non pace biased environment it seems logical to bet the diff styles together.

Then, you decide that now that you have a spreadsheet macro, that you need a strategy.

What's next? A loan. Maybe you're Schwartz's customer and he dosen't mind getting jacked around trying to "help" you. Me? I got better things to do.

DanG
03-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Okay... here is a simple Excel workbook.
Excel 2003
http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Exacta Dutch.xls (http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/Exacta%20Dutch.xls)

You’re a good man David. :ThmbUp:

markum77
03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
So you start out knowing what you want, with a definite strategy and all you need is a spreadsheet macro.

Then, you decide that now that you have a spreadsheet macro, that you need a strategy.

What's next? A loan. Maybe you're Schwartz's customer and he dosen't mind getting jacked around trying to "help" you. Me? I got better things to do.

Not sure about the hostility there. I was trying to save myself relearning the wheel on the percentages about hitting the all button versus contenders only. That was all I was asking. I think I pick winners pretty good.. 35 of 37 place bets connected. Many won. I want to increase my roi thru good wagering. Thanks for you help, a macro just seems easier than doing it in my head. At some point i may be able to dutch both sides of an exacta in my head but, not now.