04-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Slots for Aqueduct

4,500 electronic bandits are at the starting line

Now if they would put in a few 21 and craps tables

http://www.geocities.com/nywagering/

Joe M

Tom
04-19-2003, 11:10 AM
They already have the NYS Bred races - how much "craps" do you need????:rolleyes:

formula_2002
04-19-2003, 11:12 AM
will the slot players beome new horse players or will the old horse players become new slot players.?

andicap
04-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Not so fast. NYRA is still waiting for the state to make it economically feasible for the the tracks to offer slots.
The state is great: allow slots but make the economics so that the tracks can't make any money. I know the state needs the money really badly but so do the tracks.

formula_2002
04-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Andy

Perhaps they will have "the wheel of fortune" slots.

Imagine the slots bellowing out "Wheel of fortune" as Durkin is calling one of his resounding race calls.

“…running like a mighty”… “Wheel of fortune!!”…” Machine!!!”

Joe M

WINMANWIN
04-22-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Tom@HTR
They already have the NYS Bred races - how much "craps" do you need????:rolleyes:

Only you have that great WIT !! You are so right. If I have an
marginal N.Y. bred and I know the steed is average, Why
bother winning the N.Y. bred races, and then going NO where
when I run out of conditions. I race my N.Y. bred and hope to pick up placing checks for yrs.The purses are exceptional and with
the video lottery terminals arriving, will only get better.
Some 2nd and 3rd's will equate to, More Earnings over the long haul, then winning them, and racing in open conditions.:eek:

stgeorge
04-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by formula_2002
Slots for Aqueduct

4,500 electronic bandits are at the starting line

Not so fast... According to an article linked at www.equidaily.com :

Even if, as some are predicting, the state passes new legislation reauthorizing video lottery terminals in the next few weeks, the slot-like machines probably won't be up and running this calendar year.