PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Downs Selections - Weds. March 25th

JohnnyBatTBD
03-25-2009, 08:15 AM
Prime Wager Results.14-32 (44%) -$4.60(14-3-6) (72% ITM)
Soft Wager Results....19-58 (33%) -$4.20 (19-13-6) (66% ITM)

On Tuesday, I had no prime or soft wagers.

Among my contenders only selections:

I had the winner of the 1st, Meganello, $8.60,
My 5th race conditional soft wager was scrapped when Irish Channel went to the post at 9-2 odds, but if you stuck with it, my $6 saver exacta returned $23.40 (I didn't.),
My 6th race $12 exacta box returned $25.80,
I had the winner of the 8th, Between Us, $6.00, and
I had the winner of the 9th, Rock Lobster, $6.00.

So it goes...

Wednesday’s selections at www.thetbdhandicapper.com:

1st – Contenders Only – Timetolitethestar (1) was ITM in 3 of 4 routes since December 4th. Dixville (6) drops to rock bottom after trying to steal one at 21-1 two back at the route. Osceola Cat Dancer (12) goes for KO’C and she’s had at least six 2L winners in the last two seasons. The favorite will probably take it, but Pompano Beach Rose (9) was the beaten favorite four times and the beaten second choice four times and on that basis does not deserve your support. Exacta Box 1,6,12 and Saver Exactas 9/1,6,12 and Trifectas 1,6,12/9/1,6,12

2nd – Contenders Only – Lynn Scace brings back Dale’s Token (5) for his third race in 15 days after being well backed in last two. She wins 22% (56%ITM) with fastbacks. There is no doubt in my mind that Dale’s Token is well intended here. Ogacat (9) also comes back fast and is on the dropdown for Stephens. Leading rider Daniel Centeno is aboard Ells Got Even (8) but he is not revered for his ability to win with closers. Win (5), Saver Exacta 9/5 and Trifectas 6,8/5,9/4,5,6,7,8,9

3rd – Contenders Only – Mike’s Classic (9) has not won since opening day 2006, but has three seconds since November 10th. Last was closest to par among these. Ziadie is batting .300 but is 0-10 in last ten days. He is overdue now. Gentlemen’s Club (1) goes for Guciardo and three of her last eight wins at Tampa were with L2’s. West Texas (2) was second to Mike’s Classic in last. Stop The Race (5) won four of last 15 starts. Mr. Chocolatte (8) was third to Mike’s Classic in last. Win (9), Saver Exactas 1,2,5,8/9 and Trifectas 1,2,9/1,2,9/5,8

4th – Contenders Only – Juanchon Juanchon (4) chased and faded in last, but the par 60 race went in 79. The competition is much softer today and you’ll find some real value here. The Redfox (6). Centeno jumps from the 10 to ride The Redfox (6) and I’m not sure why. Could be the foxe’s 5-14 ITM record. Brave Troy (10) had best fig among these in last and goes for Earl Begley, who has won 28% in sprints this season. Exacta Box 4,6,10 and Trifectas 4,6,10/1,5,8/4,6,10

5th – Contenders Only – Fagedaboutitsal (6) was beaten by lightly raced and heavily backed Matz runner Star Emerald in last. Seven race winner Frontier Franny was second. Looks like she’ll have the front all to herself again. Excellent work one week ago was two clicks above par for bullet works at 5F. Carvajal had three layoff winners in last two seasons at Tampa. Win (6), Saver Exactas 1,10/6 and Trifectas 1,6,10/4,7/1,4,6,7,10

6th – Contenders Only – Many Mesas (1) surprised in last after receiving strong backing at the windows and may surprise again today. Many Mesas is 5-7 ITM now at Tampa and Girten-Drake brings the 4YO gelding back fast. Heaven’s Reward (7) has the two best figs in the field in last two and drops for Jim Chapman, but he went to leading rider Daniel Centeno to ride both of his winners in the last two seasons at Tampa. The absence of a leader in the irons is conspicuous and suspicious. Thalian Hall (9) has been sub-par but very reliable all season and Proctor wins 33% with No Change angle. Exacta Box 1,7,9 and Trifectas 1,7,9/2,3,6/1,7,9

7th – Contenders Only – Gold Jolie (3) had best figs in the field in two of last three by my speed numbers and picks up Centeno today. There is virtually no change in class between the C5N2Y and C6250 classes. “Primum non nocere” is the operative latin phrase here. If the new barn does no harm, Gold Jolie should be right there. Win (3), Saver Exactas 2,4/3 and Trifectas 2,3,4/1,6,7/2,3,4

8th – Contenders Only – Premier Roma (9). A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Was second in both starts and debut was above par. Proctor and Zwiesler are 50% and 62% ITM respectively with firsters. Whiff (3) goes for Delacour but she has no FTS winners in the last three seasons. Win (9), Saver Exactas 2,8/9 and Trifectas 9/4,5,6/2,8

9th – A soft wager – Moonshine Mania (4) was checked sharply for racing room at the top of the backstretch losing about two lengths, then got back into contention, then had to swing to the outside from the rail around three runners in deep stretch and finished with a late rush in last. (Grunder botched the call, if you decide to watch it). MM was supposed to win at 45-1 and the bad trip kept the coup from being executed. We are on to you now Mr. Wilson. Jockey switch to Willie Martinez may reflect Wilson’s angst with regular rider Ortiz or may just be heads up work by Martinez and his agent. MM’s fig was good enough to beat these. Win (4), Saver Exactas 1,7/4 and Trifectas 4,6,8/4,6,8/1,4,6,7,8

10th – Contenders Only – Beautiful Insight (9) goes for George Heath who had three longshot winners in the last few weeks of the 2007 season. Was trying to steal one two back at 6-1 but just missed. Then Beautiful Insight just missed again after wide trip under Martinez. Sheds 10lbs. in switch to Straight. Raced above par in last two and that’s more than the rest of these plodders can say for themselves. Win (9), Saver Exactas 2,8/9 and Trifectas 8,9/2,3,10,11/2,8,9

Good luck and good racing!

Johnny B.