PDA

View Full Version : http://www.affluence.org/

highnote
03-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Any members of http://www.affluence.org/ from PaceAdvantage?

I need some references. LOL

Dave Schwartz
03-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Affluence... I wonder what that means.

:bang:

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Why do people dislike people who have done well for themselves...worked their way up from little or nothing...become fabulous successes in their industries?

Because of a few bad apples that you read about in the news?

Why isn't there such hate for filthy-rich showbiz types? Movie actors? Singers? Performers?

Seems that this "hate-the-rich" mentality is only reserved for those in the field of business or finance (oh wait...lots of (R)s are in the business/finance field...lots of (D)s are in entertainment and showbiz...NOW I GET IT)

highnote
03-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Why do people dislike people who have done well for themselves...worked their way up from little or nothing...become fabulous successes in their industries?

Because of a few bad apples that you read about in the news?

Why isn't there such hate for filthy-rich showbiz types? Movie actors? Singers? Performers?

Seems that this "hate-the-rich" mentality is only reserved for those in the field of business or finance (oh wait...lots of (R)s are in the business/finance field...lots of (D)s are in entertainment and showbiz...NOW I GET IT)

HUH? Are you just making a general comment or are you referring to the website affluence.org?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm a great admirer of some financially successful people. Warren Buffett comes to mind.

As for the website, it looks like an interesting site. But I do find it amusing that this kind of site exists. I've never seen the inside of it, but my understanding is that it is a "facebook" type of site. Wish I would have thought of the idea of creating it.

rastajenk
03-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Bean-O takes care of my affluence pretty well.

Tom
03-24-2009, 09:21 PM
The latest crap is unions and ACORN hiring out buses to take people to AIG exec's homes and demonstrating there. Is this the type of behavior we really need?

If it is, then by all means, we should be busing people to Barney Frank's house, Chris Dodd's house........let's go after the REAL enemies.

How come an AIG guy is evil for taking a legal bonus that CONGRESS specifically altered the law to ensure he got it and Chris Dodd, who takes bribes from Wall Street is not?

highnote
03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
The latest crap is unions and ACORN hiring out buses to take people to AIG exec's homes and demonstrating there. Is this the type of behavior we really need?

If it is, then by all means, we should be busing people to Barney Frank's house, Chris Dodd's house........let's go after the REAL enemies.

How come an AIG guy is evil for taking a legal bonus that CONGRESS specifically altered the law to ensure he got it and Chris Dodd, who takes bribes from Wall Street is not?

Double HUH?

This post was about a new website that someone at work told me about.

Why does it have to devolve into politics?

For crying out loud, can't you just leave politics out of it for once?

I can see you shopping for shoes... Why don't you have these shoes in my size? GD Obama.

What don't you have these shoes in cordovan? GD OBAMA! :D

Price of gas is too high. GD OBAMA

Price of gas is too low. GD OBAMA :lol:

Who do you like in the 5th? GD OBAMA

Tom
03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I was referring to post #3.

(It's his birthday, I gotta humor him! :D)

highnote
03-24-2009, 09:59 PM
I was referring to post #3.

(It's his birthday, I gotta humor him! :D)

It's his birthday, eh? That explains #3. :D

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2009, 10:33 PM
HUH? Are you just making a general comment or are you referring to the website affluence.org?General comment. Sorry if I took your thread off track.

highnote
03-26-2009, 08:40 AM
General comment. Sorry if I took your thread off track.

No big deal. Your comment was more interesting than the website. :D