PDA

View Full Version : Dems consider loss of US jobs, then go ahead anyway

Tom
03-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Democrats kill US jobs for 3 cents.
300 people likely to lose job, thanks to Dems in congress and Obama.

Guess if you live in Alabama, Obama won't be stimulating you.

WASHINGTON, March 23 (UPI) -- A U.S. Agency for International Development official said U.S. jobs were considered when the agency decided to switch to cheaper sources for condoms.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2009/03/23/Alabama_company_to_lose_condom_contract/UPI-65391237846479/

cj's dad
03-24-2009, 11:33 AM
"The switch became an option when a federal appropriations bill two weeks ago failed to include a buy-American provision for condoms, as it has in the past, the newspaper said. "

Just what we need- less taxpayers.

Tom
03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Come on, be fair, I 'm sure no one in congress read that bill before they voted on it.

:rolleyes:

ArlJim78
03-24-2009, 12:17 PM
the change we could have done without.

http://www.gop.gov/resources/images/features/accountability/chart-jobloss.jpg

The Judge
03-24-2009, 12:20 PM
has been going on for sometime here is the story from a few years ago
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~noy/362texts/condoms.pdf. I think there could be a compromise worked out.

wes
03-24-2009, 12:33 PM
has been going on for sometime here is the story from a few years ago
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~noy/362texts/condoms.pdf. I think there could be a compromise worked out.

It should continue since we have a dick tater for a president.

wes

mostpost
03-24-2009, 12:37 PM
the change we could have done without.

http://www.gop.gov/resources/images/features/accountability/chart-jobloss.jpg
First of all, it's the Democratic majority, not the Democrat majority. There are two major parties in this country; the DemocraTIC party and the Republic party. Try and get that straight for a change. Second, the present economic crisis was caused by the policies of the Bush administration, by their refusal to regulate and control financial institutions, by their policy of looking the other way when those institutions made questionable, possibly illegal investment decisions, and by their reluctance, even antipathy to do anything to correct the problem. Any actions a Democratic controlled Congress would have taken would have been blocked by a filibuster in the Senate or Vetoed by Bush. As almost happened on the stimulus bill.

Tom
03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Get that man a towel, 'cause his in de-nile! :lol:

The Republic Party?

boxcar
03-24-2009, 12:45 PM
First of all, it's the Democratic majority, not the Democrat majority. There are two major parties in this country; the DemocraTIC party and the Republic party. Try and get that straight for a change. Second, the present economic crisis was caused by the policies of the Bush administration, by their refusal to regulate and control financial institutions, by their policy of looking the other way when those institutions made questionable, possibly illegal investment decisions, and by their reluctance, even antipathy to do anything to correct the problem. Any actions a Democratic controlled Congress would have taken would have been blocked by a filibuster in the Senate or Vetoed by Bush. As almost happened on the stimulus bill.

Pray tell: What other skills do you possess other than Master Revisionist? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
03-24-2009, 01:35 PM
So if Obama tries to cut back on spending and buys imported rubbers he's wrong and if he spends the extra money to have the rubbers made in Alabama he's wrong.

I got it now. :rolleyes:

cj's dad
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
So if Obama tries to cut back on spending and buys imported rubbers he's wrong and if he spends the extra money to have the rubbers made in Alabama he's wrong.

How utterly crass !

JustRalph
03-24-2009, 03:18 PM
You would think Congress would be Damn experts on Rubbers by now. They have been screwing Americans for well over 200 yrs

riskman
03-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Today, Obama called the president of a condom company in Alabama.
"I need a favor, you've got to send 1,000,000 condoms right away over to Russia."

"Consider it done," said the president of the condom company.

"Great! Now listen,the Premier of Russia said "they have to be red in color, 10' long and 4' wide."

"Easily done. Anything else?"

"Yeah," said Obama.
"Print 'MADE IN AMERICA, SIZE SMALL' on each one."

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2009, 06:32 PM
First of all, it's the Democratic majority, not the Democrat majority.Is it? I always try and refrain from calling them the Democratic party. Makes it seem like they have some sort of lock on Democracy, which would make me laugh. For the record, I like this tactic, as it seems to piss the (D)s off...

http://mediamatters.org/items/200608160005

Second, the present economic crisis was caused by the policies of the Bush administration, by their refusal to regulate and control financial institutions, by their policy of looking the other way when those institutions made questionable, possibly illegal investment decisions, and by their reluctance, even antipathy to do anything to correct the problem.Wait...didn't you just describe Barney Frank and his merry band of Fannie and Freddie deniers? You know, when Barney said there was nothing wrong with Fannie and Freddie despite the Bush Administration's desire to institute sweeping changes and regulations on Fannie and Freddie on September 11, 2003? Want to read all about it? Here you go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/new-agency-proposed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html?sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

Allow me to pound it into the left's head once again with a few choice quotes from the above article:

Bush and Republicans say:The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.BARNEY FRANK and the Dems say:''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''More Dems say: Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed. ''I don't see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,'' Mr. Watt said.

So there you have it mostpost. I know you're probably speechless at this point, having just been slapped silly by the New York Times of all vehicles!

At least you can't accuse me of citing some sort of right-wing crazy house like WND or anything like that. This article came straight out of the lion's den of leftyism.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, that article was written almost SIX YEARS AGO.

Lefty
03-24-2009, 07:03 PM
absolutely great post, PA

mostpost
03-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Is it? I always try and refrain from calling them the Democratic party. Makes it seem like they have some sort of lock on Democracy, which would make me laugh. For the record, I like this tactic, as it seems to piss the (D)s off...

It should be called the Democratic Party because that is the Official name of that particular political organization. It has nothing to do with who has a lock on democracy. Your last sentence states the real truth of the matter:mad: :mad: :mad:

mostpost
03-24-2009, 09:43 PM
So there you have it mostpost. I know you're probably speechless at this point, having just been slapped silly by the New York Times of all vehicles!

Nope, not speechless at all. And if you think the NY Times can slap me silly, you are way too late. Before I continue, let me take time to add my wishes for a Happy Birthday!

As for Barney Frank and Fannie and Freddie. While it is true that Fannie and Freddie are part of the problem, they are by no means all of it. Many other entities also took part in the subprime mortgage market. According to the article you linked, the Bush Administration sought to regulate Freddie and Fannie. Nothing was said about other, private entities.

I've seen the Barney Frank quote before, but have never seen the contest in which it was made. But, taking it at face value, I have question for you. In Sept. of 2003 the Republics had a majority in both houses of Congress. If this legislation was so important to them why didn't they just pass it. I don't get any sense from the article that all democrats were opposed, and given the Democratic penchant for regulation and the Republican propensity against regulation I find this rather puzzling.

I looked this up on "Thomas" earlier and if memory serves this never got out of committee.
Barney Frank was opposed ( He was wrong), but he's not a King and does not have unilateral power to stop legislation.
WARNING: TOM, DO NOT POST THAT BARNEY FRANK MAY NOT BE A KING, BUT HE IS DEFINITELY A QUEEN. That would be very tacky

Lefty
03-24-2009, 10:40 PM
post, the Republicans had a razor thin majority, not a super majority, Also besides Barney Frank stating that nothing was wrong at Fannie and Freddy, there was Maxine Waters and Chris Dodd and even one, whose name escapes me, even said it was the 'political lynching of Franklin Raines.' Raines took 90 million in 6 yrs from one of those enities and I don't see Gethner or Obama asking him to return THAT money.

boxcar
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Is it? I always try and refrain from calling them the Democratic party. Makes it seem like they have some sort of lock on Democracy, which would make me laugh. For the record, I like this tactic, as it seems to piss the (D)s off...

http://mediamatters.org/items/200608160005

Wait...didn't you just describe Barney Frank and his merry band of Fannie and Freddie deniers? You know, when Barney said there was nothing wrong with Fannie and Freddie despite the Bush Administration's desire to institute sweeping changes and regulations on Fannie and Freddie on September 11, 2003? Want to read all about it? Here you go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/09/11/business/new-agency-proposed-to-oversee-freddie-mac-and-fannie-mae.html?sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

Allow me to pound it into the left's head once again with a few choice quotes from the above article:

Bush and Republicans say:BARNEY FRANK and the Dems say:More Dems say:

At least you can't accuse me of citing some sort of right-wing crazy house like WND or anything like that. This article came straight out of the lion's den of leftyism.

ALWAYS REMEMBER, that article was written almost SIX YEARS AGO.

There you go...confusing these self-deceived libs with facts again! How can you sleep at night? Where is your conscience?

Boxcar

mostpost
03-24-2009, 11:13 PM
post, the Republicans had a razor thin majority, not a super majority, Also besides Barney Frank stating that nothing was wrong at Fannie and Freddy, there was Maxine Waters and Chris Dodd and even one, whose name escapes me, even said it was the 'political lynching of Franklin Raines.' Raines took 90 million in 6 yrs from one of those enities and I don't see Gethner or Obama asking him to return THAT money.
The republican majority was 51-48 in the Senate and 229-205 in the House you are correct that that was not enough to pass the bill. If the Republicans were so eager to pass this bill, why didn't they force a floor vote and make the Democratics vote against it? Why didn't they reintroduce it in the 109th congress when they had majorities of 55-44 and 231-202?
Look, I'm not saying Republicans are the sole culprits here. Certainly Democrats made bad choices also. But for the party of No Regulation to accuse Democrats of not being strong on regulation is just disingenuous.
Incidentally, I went to Ask.com to find the makeup of the 108th Congress. The first link tried to sell me eyelash extenders.

Tom
03-25-2009, 07:33 AM
I don;'t think there is any debate that the republicans were totally useless during their control of congress. That is why they are where they are today.
Sadly, most of them still do not have a clue.

So much opportunity to have done great things and they chose to blow it.
Actually, it far more unforgiving than the dems. We expect failure from the dems. The repubs sold us all out.

The conservatives really need to completely break with the repubs.

hcap
03-25-2009, 08:22 AM
We expect failure from the dems. The repubs sold us all out.

The conservatives really need to completely break with the repubs.Yeah, and if they did, you guys would be down to a few million.
Actually the republicans have to break from the hard line conservatives.
That's why they lost.

cj's dad
03-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Oh that only there were a party that truly represented middle class America!!

It certainly is not either of the two we have now !

Tom
03-25-2009, 08:56 AM
They lost, hcap. because the tried to emulate libs.
If you are going to elect crooked, incompetent liars, you go for the experienced ones - dems, not RINOs. :D

Middle Class....as long as we do not have term limits, forcing legislators to live in the public sector most of their lives, we will never be represented.
Career politicians cannot ever truly represent anyone but themselves.

The root cause of our current problems is that the government did not represent the people.

hcap
03-25-2009, 08:59 AM

It certainly is not either of the two we have now !I think the right, and that includes posts as naive as yours' and the rest of the sore losers here, are either totally in denial, or they close their eyes, stuff their ears and proceed to "whistle past the graveyard"

This is the reality. The middle class is blue.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/37/US_Election04-08shift.png/800px-US_Election04-08shift.png

Also forget the latest rightie hero...

Alan Keyes (America's Independent Party) received 47,768 votes; listed in three states: Colorado and Florida, plus California (listed as American Independent), and also had write-in status in Kentucky, Ohio, Texas, and Utah.

He represents no one

cj's dad
03-25-2009, 09:00 AM

It should be called the Democratic Party because that is the Official name of that particular political organization. It has nothing to do with who has a lock on democracy. Your last sentence states the real truth of the matter:mad: :mad: :mad:

So, the next time I'm in a political coversation with a stranger I should ask "are you a Republican or a Democratic"? :lol: :lol:

cj's dad
03-25-2009, 09:04 AM
I think the right, and that includes posts as naive as yours' and the rest of the sore losers here, are either totally in denial, or they close their eyes, stuff their ears and proceed to "whistle past the graveyard"

This is the reality. The middle class is blue.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/37/US_Election04-08shift.png/800px-US_Election04-08shift.png

Yeah, dammit, I forgot, the welfare folks, illegal aliens, homeless, drug addicted, incarcerated, never worked a day in their lives, are middle class.
What was I thinking? Thanks for the input.

hcap
03-25-2009, 09:11 AM
So, the next time I'm in a political coversation with a stranger I should ask "are you a Republican or a Democratic"? :lol: :lol:
No, you should hold up a copy of the map above, and ask "do you support the Democratic or Republican party?

Don't say anything about extreme conservative policies, or you will go hundreds of "strangers" without a yes.

They lost, hcap. because the tried to emulate libs.If republicans truly tried to emulate libs, Obama would not have beaten them so
badly.

Count Pct electoral
Barack Obama Democratic Illinois 69,456,897 52.92% 365
John McCain Republican Arizona 59,934,814 45.66% 173
Ralph Nader Independent Connecticut 738,475 0.56%
Bob Barr Libertarian Georgia 523,686 0.40% 0
Chuck Baldwin Constitution Florida 199,314 0.15%

Look at the Libertarians and Constitution Parties.
Conservatives did mighty suckily

hcap
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Yeah, dammit, I forgot, the welfare folks, illegal aliens, homeless, drug addicted, incarcerated, never worked a day in their lives, are middle class.
What was I thinking? Thanks for the input.My input is based on facts, not supposition, and not hate. I think not only is the right wrong, but are the leading cause of all sorts of bias. Drug addicted? Incarcerated, never worked a day in their lives?????? You are guilty of brown eyed syndrome-big-time.

You have absolutely nothing to support your allegations other than your own twisted prejudices

lsbets
03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Facts? Holy shit Hcap, you wouldn't know a fact if you had to swallow one bigger than the mouthful of Obama you dream about. Your posts are nothing but supposition based on your extreme far left, twisted, delusional take on the world. If there is one person who makes me believe Savage when he says liberalism is a mental disorder, it would be you.

Tom
03-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Somehow hcap makes a leap of faith that the people got what they voted for.
Didn't happen with Bush, didn't happen with OBummer.

cj's dad
03-25-2009, 09:44 AM
Facts? Holy shit Hcap, you wouldn't know a fact if you had to swallow one bigger than the mouthful of Obama you dream about. Your posts are nothing but supposition based on your extreme far left, twisted, delusional take on the world. If there is one person who makes me believe Savage when he says liberalism is a mental disorder, it would be you.

You have to remember that he/she comes from that bustling, diverse, metropolitan, cutting edge city of Monroe, N.Y. where I'm sure he/she has been exposed to such diverse individuals that a rational evaluation of society can be made. You know, the panhandlers, the street thugs, the prostitutes, the single moms with their multiple meal tickets in tow, etc...

You see, from his/her point of view, when one talks about reality, as I do, i.e. the druggies, welfare frauds, scumbags, criminals etc.. of society the racist tag is immediately applied. That makes everything biased, not real. I must be imagining these things.

Living in a large city, I have had the misfortune of the seeing first hand the negative aspects of life.

I would be willing to wager that those living in small town enclaves with lily white populations (Monroe,NY?) have a much rosier outlook simply beacause of lack of exposure to the REALITIES of life.

So for Cap, his/her facts are probably what he/she has limited access to. Ignorance can be a form of bliss.

hcap
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Post something that contains facts Javert. You too Dad. All of you are fact-deprived. Either you pounce on me for silly stuff, or continue with factually vacant rants.

There is a real map based on real facts posted above. Where is your map?
No wonder you and others here buy into idiots like Weiner.

Your turn to be rational. Why I am not surprised that all the wing nuts here are crawling out of the cracks?.

Btw, guys, speaking of swallowing mouthfuls, how's the quest for Obamas' Birth Certificate going?

cj's dad
03-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Btw, guys, speaking of swallowing mouthfuls, how's the quest for Obamas' Birth Certificate going?

Don't you know? That's the Democrat parties hole card.

When BO screws up completely and becomes a total embarrassment (he's only about 60% there now), his lack of citizenship will miraculously rise like the Phoenix and then we'll have the Joe show- can't friggin wait for that.:lol:

Tom
03-25-2009, 10:15 AM
What "facts" are you talking about, hcap?

boxcar
03-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah, and if they did, you guys would be down to a few million.
That's why they lost.

...and when they make this "break" hold hands with hard line leftists? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Lefty
03-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Other way around h'cap. Repubs have got to once again embrace conservatism and stop trying to be "dem light"

delayjf
03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
The republican majority was 51-48 in the Senate and 229-205 in the House you are correct that that was not enough to pass the bill. If the Republicans were so eager to pass this bill, why didn't they force a floor vote and make the Democratics vote against it? Why didn't they reintroduce it in the 109th congress when they had majorities of 55-44 and 231-202
The Dems would have filibuster any attempt at a floor vote. I would agree that they should have pushed harder and got the Dem filibuster on the record. Politically, taking on Fannie / Freddie would have been a nightmare. The Dems absolutely would have crucified anyone attempting to interfere with Fannie / Freddie. They would call Bush racist because they didn't want minorities to own homes, etc. Greenspan was not calling for more regulation and he certainly wasn't jumping up and down about the Mortgage backed securities. The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was signed by Clinton. Bottom line, nothing signed by President Bush lead to the mortgage meltdown.

hcap
03-25-2009, 05:34 PM
You have to remember that he/she comes from that bustling, diverse, metropolitan, cutting edge city of Monroe, N.Y. where I'm sure he/she has been exposed to such diverse individuals that a rational evaluation of society can be made. You know, the panhandlers, the street thugs, the prostitutes, the single moms with their multiple meal tickets in tow, etc...

You see, from his/her point of view, when one talks about reality, as I do, i.e. the druggies, welfare frauds, scumbags, criminals etc.. of society the racist tag is immediately applied. That makes everything biased, not real. I must be imagining these things.

Living in a large city, I have had the misfortune of the seeing first hand the negative aspects of life.

I would be willing to wager that those living in small town enclaves with lily white populations (Monroe,NY?) have a much rosier outlook simply beacause of lack of exposure to the REALITIES of life.

So for Cap, his/her facts are probably what he/she has limited access to. Ignorance can be a form of bliss.I grew up in NYC. Ran a shop for almost 15 years first in downtown Manhattan then in Queens. Most of the skilled workers were either from Puerto Rico, or blacks native to the city or the Islands.

Monroe is only approx. 55 miles from NYC. A bedroom community.
Not exactly the sticks. So you do not know much about me, jumped to wrong conclusions about where I live and obviously the demographics of the map I posted.

Obamas support was spread across the country. Suburban, rural, and urban as well. Your supposition that only the small isolated non-metropolitan "enclaves" was the only support Obama got is absurd. Just as your statement about your hub bub busy bee OH SO SCARY life in a major city......
"Yeah, dammit, I forgot, the welfare folks, illegal aliens, homeless, drug addicted, incarcerated, never worked a day in their lives, are middle class.is quite a line of crap. If you are even close to the truth, does this mean there was no support for McCain out in rural communities.
Ridiculous DAD.

The demographics by education and Region show Obama winning among the educated as well as the undereducated and all regions other than the South

Education Size Obama McCain

No High School 4% 63% 35%
H.S. Graduate 20% 52% 46%
Some College 31% 51% 47%
College Grad 28% 50% 48%
Postgraduate 17% 58% 40%

Region
Northeast 21% 59% 40%
South 45% 54%
Midwest 24% 54% 44%
West 57% 40%

Where are your facts Dad?

And where is Inspector Javerts' facts? Obviously a coward when it comes to anything other than personal attacks.

Secretariat
03-25-2009, 06:42 PM

Bingo.

lsbets
03-25-2009, 07:03 PM
And where is Inspector Javerts' facts? Obviously a coward when it comes to anything other than personal attacks.

Wow - you posted a map that showed more people voted for Obama just about everywhere than voted for Kerry. No shit dude, that's pretty obvious, he did a hell of a lot better than Kerry did. Then you made some suppositions about the blueness of America based on your map. Those statements of yours are opinion and you are stupid enough to call them facts.

Coward? Heh, if you want to call me that, that's fine. Personally I think its pretty laughable, you and I both know would never put yourself at risk for what you believe in in any of the ways I have, but you're entitled to your opinions, no matter how idiotic they are.

hcap
03-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Javert! You made an appearence, and did not attack me personally-for the most part anyway. The map indeed shows how well Obama did vs Kerry. And what does that mean? Let me put some facts out there for you. In addition to the across the board blue victory in terms of Governors, local and State legislators, federal Congressmen and Senators, the map indicates which communities and cities have TURNED bluer. Some in surprising degrees. The electoral vote demonstrates that.

Remember, 365 to 173

Yep, traditional red strongholds are not any longer red. Swing states went for Obama. Traditional red western states voted Obama.
The map highlights how extensive the shift was

Certain areas of the south are your last hope. And not very much there.

Here is how both parties are trending. From Pew

http://pewresearch.org/assets/publications/773-2.gif[

http://pewresearch.org/assets/publications/773-2.gif

Gallop......

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114016/State-States-Political-Party-Affiliation.aspx

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/mbvfkqqetkc4fggoe6m5_q.png

"What is immediately clear from the map is that residents of the United States were very Democratic in their political orientation last year. In fact, Gallup has earlier reported that a majority of Americans nationwide said they identified with or leaned to the Democratic Party in 2008.

All told, 29 states and the District of Columbia had Democratic party affiliation advantages of 10 points or greater last year. This includes all of the states in the Northeast, and all but Indiana in the Great Lakes region. There are even several Southern states in this grouping, including Arkansas, North Carolina, and Kentucky.

An additional six states had Democratic advantages ranging between 5 and 9 points.

In contrast, only five states had solid or leaning Republican orientations in 2008, with Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, and Alaska in the former group, and Nebraska in the latter"

prospector
03-25-2009, 08:20 PM
wasn't the final number something like 62 million DIDN'T vote for obama..that number seems to be growing for the next election..:)

Tom
03-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Ironic, isn't it....hcap spent two elections denying he lost, now he is spending this one trying to prove he won good enough! And meanwhile, we all jsut laugh at him.......still. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah, and if they did, you guys would be down to a few million.
That's why they lost.Actually, I think it's the opposite. Republicans have to get back to their roots, not creep closer to Democrats.

We crept closer to Democrats and put up McCain and look where it got us.

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
It is puzzling to sit and ponder just what it is hcap is trying to do with all these maps, graphs and charts. Is he trying to tell us Obama won? :lol:

Tom
03-25-2009, 11:18 PM
All that stuff is moot until he produces a valid birth certificate! :lol:

ddog
03-26-2009, 01:06 AM
Actually, I think it's the opposite. Republicans have to get back to their roots, not creep closer to Democrats.

We crept closer to Democrats and put up McCain and look where it got us.

Pa

the hard line cons are dying off.

they won't be replaced, the cons are too identified with big biz and just or not a segment of that has been seen to have killed a golden goose or two.

those that relied on the goose and those coming up that see the goose slaughter will not turn toward big biz/cons. simple human nature.

the hard line goose is cooked , 30-40 years before hard liners even get off the laugh track.

Lefty
03-26-2009, 01:21 AM
Don't worry, doggie, we got some new blood acoming. 2010 and 2012 should be great.

hcap
03-26-2009, 05:51 AM
It is puzzling to sit and ponder just what it is hcap is trying to do with all these maps, graphs and charts. Is he trying to tell us Obama won?
This is why I posted all those FACTS supported by fancy maps, graphs and charts...

It certainly is not either of the two we have now !The middle class is pretty much the dems right now. When you gentlemen have something to offer that the majority of the country wants, it's your turn. The far right influence, guys like Limpbag, Hannity, and Coulter are loosing elections for you.

George W. Churchill, however is your biggest looser.
Sarah Palin did her job as looser as well

hcap
03-26-2009, 05:57 AM
wasn't the final number something like 62 million DIDN'T vote for obama..that number seems to be growing for the next election..:)No

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008

Dem Rep
Electoral vote 365 173
Popular vote 69,456,897 59,934,814
Percentage 52.92% 45.66%

lsbets
03-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Hcap - back to your reading comprehension problem. Prospector did not state 62 million voted for McCain, he stated they did not vote for Obama. When you look at the total of votes cast, the number of voters who went to the polls and did not vote for Obama is right about 62 million. Go back to your link and add it up. Get a calculator, you'll run out of toes real quick.

cj's dad
03-26-2009, 07:40 AM
This is why I posted all those FACTS supported by fancy maps, graphs and charts...
The middle class is pretty much the dems right now. When you gentlemen have something to offer that the majority of the country wants, it's your turn. The far right influence, guys like Limpbag, Hannity, and Coulter are loosing elections for you.

George W. Churchill, however is your biggest looser.
Sarah Palin did her job as looser as well

You're nothing but a big looser yourself !! :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Pa

the hard line cons are dying off.

they won't be replaced, the cons are too identified with big biz and just or not a segment of that has been seen to have killed a golden goose or two.

those that relied on the goose and those coming up that see the goose slaughter will not turn toward big biz/cons. simple human nature.

the hard line goose is cooked , 30-40 years before hard liners even get off the laugh track.You have a distorted view of conservatives and/or traditional Republicans. I'm not talking Wolfowitz or Bush here.

Besides, as we have seen, it all comes down to the CANDIDATE. Democrats FINALLY put up a candidate that could win (although I at first thought he had NO shot based on his almost complete lack of experience at most anything), but his personality and oratory skills put him over the top (not to mention a tanking economy).

Republicans/Conservatives will eventually come up with another Reagan, or the Democrats will once again put up some ultra-weak candidate...after all, Obama can't run for President forever.

hcap
03-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Hcap - back to your reading comprehension problem. Prospector did not state 62 million voted for McCain, he stated they did not vote for Obama. When you look at the total of votes cast, the number of voters who went to the polls and did not vote for Obama is right about 62 million. Go back to your link and add it up. Get a calculator, you'll run out of toes real quick.OK, you got me Javert. My mistake. However saying 62 million did not vote for Obama overstates the 59 million that did vote for McCain.

Using the same logic, 71,264,000 did not vote for McCain. Instead of the 69,430,000 that did vote for Obama :lol:

ddog
03-26-2009, 09:04 PM
You have a distorted view of conservatives and/or traditional Republicans. I'm not talking Wolfowitz or Bush here.

Besides, as we have seen, it all comes down to the CANDIDATE. Democrats FINALLY put up a candidate that could win (although I at first thought he had NO shot based on his almost complete lack of experience at most anything), but his personality and oratory skills put him over the top (not to mention a tanking economy).

Republicans/Conservatives will eventually come up with another Reagan, or the Democrats will once again put up some ultra-weak candidate...after all, Obama can't run for President forever.

i am not going to say what you posit can't happen inside 30 years.

I think though that the pugs are going to have to grow one.
I really don't think Palin or Jindal is the horse and I don't see Romney firing up the mobs either.

I think the view I stated about the pugs is the view that is held by the majority of the crowd you have to win over.

I still think pugs are seen as white rich biz types who are strong on defense and all the rest.

I don't think that has changed out in the avg non hard core pug J6P.

??

Lefty
03-26-2009, 10:17 PM
Palin isn't rich, but I believe she will energize the party and the electorite like no other since Reagan. A female reagan, if you will...

Tom
03-27-2009, 07:58 AM
They certainly seem to be preoccupied with Palin, I mean for someone so
insignificant, isn't it odd how they just can't stop talking about her? :lol:

JustRalph
03-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Palin isn't rich, but I believe she will energize the party and the electorite like no other since Reagan. A female reagan, if you will...

she will have the same problems she had last time.

The media will cut her to ribbons. Especially the women. They hate her..........

Lefty
03-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Oh, yeah, the loony left will be after her for sure. She'll be better prepared fot it next time around.

hcap
03-28-2009, 05:47 AM
Yeah. maybe she'll find someone to pray with her next time. :lol:
Lefty, never too early too start. She will need all the prayers she can get.

Tom
03-28-2009, 10:39 AM
You have always been classless, hcap, now you are just downright disgusting.

PaceAdvantage
03-28-2009, 06:11 PM
You have always been classless, hcap, now you are just downright disgusting.Did I miss something? The last by hcap was one of his tamer posts...

hcap
03-28-2009, 08:21 PM
At least I didn't call anyone a POS, bitch, or traitor.
Nor did I express admiration for Tim McVeigh and the Aryan Nation.

cj's dad
03-28-2009, 08:30 PM
At least I didn't call anyone a POS, bitch, or traitor.
Nor did I express admiration for Tim McVeigh and the Aryan Nation.

And, who on this site ever has ???

Tom
03-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Yeah. maybe she'll find someone to pray with her next time.

Mocking someone out for praying is classless, and hcap has lass class than Pork Chop. Real funny boy, hcap, real funny.

hcap
03-29-2009, 05:28 AM
Mocking someone out for praying is classless, and hcap has lass class than Pork Chop. Real funny boy, hcap, real funny.You gotta be the most hypocritical of all Aryan Nation supporters. "Mocking" someone here is the full time effort by you and your buds.

BTW, What I am "mocking" is Palin and her chances of becoming prez. Maybe your knee-jerk reaction to anyone daring to question silly pet conservative candidates ruined your reading skills. And for someone who-YOU- routinely calls people POS, bitch, traitor, and thinks Tim McVeighs' only mistake was "he chose the wrong target", you are really suffering from acute "brown-eyed syndrome". :lol:

hcap
03-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Why not totally abandon separation of church and state?
Here's a game plan for Sara and the rest of youse guys......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_anqVy8b414Q/ScyZg9wpxrI/AAAAAAAABaU/wKl_r_7Rclo/s400/Republican+budget+plan.png

boxcar
03-29-2009, 09:58 AM
Why not totally abandon separation of church and state?
Here's a game plan for Sara and the rest of youse guys......

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_anqVy8b414Q/ScyZg9wpxrI/AAAAAAAABaU/wKl_r_7Rclo/s400/Republican+budget+plan.png

Hmm...Jesus limits Federal Spending, Bombs Iran and you forgot one 'cause it isn't the side of Jesus you like: Casts out all Unbelievers into the Lake of Fire.

Boxcar

Tom
03-29-2009, 12:29 PM
There were NAZI's with more class than you, hcap.

Marshall Bennett
03-29-2009, 07:21 PM
There were NAZI's with more class than you, hcap.
I've concluded after being here a couple years now and reading his post ( not quite all of them ) that his ultimate goal with this board is to piss people off , even if it means writing shit he himself doesn't beleive in . Throw around enough shit in a room and sooner or later the place will stink .

Lefty
03-29-2009, 08:29 PM
h'cap, after 4 yrs of the Obama "pwer grab" and more taxation on everything, the country will be praying enmasse, and they will be praying for a real honest to god conservative like Sarah Palin.

hcap
03-30-2009, 06:49 AM
Hmm...Jesus limits Federal Spending, Bombs Iran and you forgot one 'cause it isn't the side of Jesus you like: Casts out all Unbelievers into the Lake of Fire.

Boxcar
Well, I sure don't wanna be Cast Out.
So let's see another reason Palin did not get another soul to pray with her.
This time it has NOTHING to do with religion.

http://www.georgehernandez.com/h/aaBlog/Media/2008/1006-Sarah_Pailin_Debate_Flow_Chart.jpg
As I said, it is Never too early to start praying. Palin needs all your support for 012.

Box? Tom? Lefty?

Lefty
03-30-2009, 12:49 PM
hcap, Sarah will be ok. She will be better as head of the ticket. She has 2 yrs to prepare, won't be a last minute thing. As a gov she has made tough and big decisions. She doesn't have the liberty to just vote present, like Obama did as Senator. As Obama continues to steamroll us to socialism, she will be more and more viable as a candidate. Eat your heart out, if you have one.

ddog
03-30-2009, 01:28 PM
she runs a state of welfare queens and kings.

not hard to buy em off when you have big oil to hit up for the cash.

sadly, the feds have not seemed to take the same course.

YET!
:lol:

she will be a laughingstock in two years.

The only thing that lent any credibilty to her was that the Macain campaign kept her muzzle on most of the time.

More exposure will not help her.

Word!

former mac insider.
they will have the longkinves out for her.

the leftys of the world are not going to finance her you can count on that.

Lefty
03-30-2009, 03:32 PM
dog, you just know all don'tcha. She is a conservative and she or another conservative will be needed to unwind the Gordion Knot of socialism that Obama is tying now. It is Obama who will be the laughinghstock as I really don't think Most Americans embrace socialism. They bought snakeoil and they are realizing it as they have begun to taste the bitter stuff.
BTW, I have already made a small campaign donation.

ddog
03-30-2009, 03:40 PM
dog, you just know all don'tcha. She is a conservative and she or another conservative will be needed to unwind the Gordion Knot of socialism that Obama is tying now. It is Obama who will be the laughinghstock as I really don't think Most Americans embrace socialism. They bought snakeoil and they are realizing it as they have begun to taste the bitter stuff.
BTW, I have already made a small campaign donation.

as opposed to your not knowing right here, you rube

"she or another conservative will be needed to unwind the Gordion Knot of socialism that Obama is tying now. It is Obama who will be the laughinghstock as I really don't think Most Americans embrace socialism."

So you are pre-dictin this or you KNOW this how exactly , mr know-nothing is it???

what a hoot you are, you are so ready to fall all over yourself to toss out your little shots that you don't seem to realize you are doing the pre-dictin' - know all right in the same line.

stay on the talking points and leave the rest to the grown-ups.

keep sending in the money , she needs a bib for the baby!!

oh and a new pair of slacks for the campaign.

:faint:

Lefty
03-30-2009, 03:46 PM
So only you can do the predicting. I get it. Only dog knows what's gonna happen. Can't stop with the insults, eh. I understand.

ddog
03-30-2009, 03:49 PM
So only you can do the predicting. I get it. Only dog knows what's gonna happen. Can't stop with the insults, eh. I understand.

You seemed to be the one who was complaining, find a post where I ever complained about same?
Notice below from your previous post, I wonder where that subject came into the thread from , HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM>

"dog, you just know all don'tcha"

understanding is accidental at best for you.
luck with that.

Lefty
03-30-2009, 03:58 PM
more insults. Hard to debate when you run outta gas and return insults.
I;m not complaining, merely pointing.

Lefty
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM
dog, you said Palin would be a laughingstock in 2 years. I said no. Then you got on me about making predictions.
Don't dish it lil doggy if yuh don't want it back and then some.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2009, 12:49 AM
she will be a laughingstock in two years.

The only thing that lent any credibilty to her was that the Macain campaign kept her muzzle on most of the time.

More exposure will not help her.Another with an affinity for the left-wing MSM Kool-Aid. And I thought you liked to think for yourself.

What a sham...Oops...I mean shame....:blush:

hcap
03-31-2009, 06:00 AM
Gov. Sarah Palin has appointed legislative aide Tim Grussendorf to the state Senate seat that opened when Juneau Democrat Kim Elton resigned. It's a controversial pick that Grussendorf's own party says it will try to block.

Palin had to pick a Democrat from Juneau for the seat under state law. But Grussendorf was a registered Republican until just weeks ago, then switched to being a Democrat to qualify for the appointment. Grussendorf now needs a majority vote of the nine Democrats in the state Senate to approve his appointment.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/974611.html

Keep those prayers a-comin'

Tom
03-31-2009, 07:39 AM
I heard last night that Sara made the comment about not having anyone to pray with. This is what hcap was referring to, and not knowing the original comment, I assumed it was yet another attack on religion.

I was wrong, and I apologize to hcap for misunderstanding his post and attacking him for it.

Lefty
03-31-2009, 02:41 PM
h'cap, it's controversial only when a Republican does it. Dims do stuff like this alla time. But right now i'm more worried about Obama taking over business' and becoming a dictator. that's the bigger worry rat now don'tcha know...

hcap
03-31-2009, 07:09 PM
Ok Tom.
I am not sure I can get used to you apologizing :lol: , but apology gladly accepted. :D

Lefty, all politicians do it. But Palin is going to collect these foibles on the way to 2012. She is not pulling independents or women in general. Stuff like this DOES NOT help. My feeling is Romney stands the best chance in 2012. Appeal to the base is not working for you guys. Romney is the man if Obamas' economic policy falters.

Lefty
03-31-2009, 08:37 PM
romney or Palin. Doesn't matter.
Obama will be gone.
If Obama fails?
The american people will see him as a would be dictator as he tries to take over company after company, and regulate EVERONE's salary.

hcap
03-31-2009, 08:57 PM
It does matter. Romney stands a much better chance of reaching independents, and some dems.

His Mormonism of course may be a problem. But would still do better than Palin in 2012. IMHO.

Obama the dictator? Please. GWB set the mark. Obama has got a long way to go to be close.

Lefty
03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
The Bush admin did not proposse to take over any business it damn well wanted to as the Obama admin has. Bush admin was not listening to talk of having and joining in on a world currency as has the Obama admin. All Bush did, as i have to constantly remind the ungrateful, is kee;p your ass safe!
Also Bush did not propose a silly Cap and trade policy that will take home energy costs skyhigh. Pay attention h'cap. oh, i forgot. you're on board with Socialism.

hcap
03-31-2009, 10:13 PM
"on board with Socialism."??

Stop paying for police, fire depts, public schools, or any govt funded programs.
We are already partially socialist, just like the rest of the industrialized nations.
The argument is what exactly is the mix?

Can you be just a little bit pregnant?

Lefty
03-31-2009, 10:40 PM
the mix is when A pres and his pips can take over companies and regulate salaries. The mix is, when they are thinking about a one world currency.

PaceAdvantage
03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
How come the prominent (D)s on this board never apologize when they are wrong? (and don't come back with "we're never wrong.")