PDA

View Full Version : the demise of the united states economy

lamboguy
03-24-2009, 05:45 AM
has this present administration figured out how to bring the economy back at this point of time? after all the s+p is up 22% off the bottom now, and the dow might be heading back to 10k which would make a 20% rise from the prior administration.

my guess is the demise has been delayed for about 12 years now or until they find another republican president like george bush to blow up what's ever left of this place.

HUSKER55
03-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Check out the other threads here. Our leader doesn't know who the french president is. (among the many others)

This president has more skeletons in his closet than Davy Jones and more tax cheats on his pay roll than any president ever has. Do you think you will live long enough to see BO put any of those crooks in jail? Martha Stewart went to prison for less.

This economy will fail because people will not let it work. Current president included.

Companies are paying bonuses for putting their company in bankruptcy and you say that is fine as long as my numbers go up. Don't you think there is a contradiction in there?

I am going to sit back and watch them implode.

Something is wrong and has not been brought to the light.
Sell your stocks, bonds, houses and cars and instead take delivery of bullion and gems.

If Detroit wasn't making money they would have shut those plants down a long time ago. You are dealing with a car salesman.

Lawyers and politicians don't make money unless there is confusion. Walk away and vote the current bastards out. See what sticks.

Insurance companies make their living by selling fear. You can buy insurance from anybody anywhere. Same goes for wall street. Jim Cramer and his guests don't seem to have a problem going to the world market. They seldom complain.

The best thing for the american economy is to let the system work. Those campanies need to go under and like Martha, those CEO's need to go to jail.

JMHO, but you seem to have your poop packed tight. Why don't you do like Jim Cramer and try a different lake to fish in. I suppose I am missing something but there are a lot of people trading elsewhere.

:)

JustRalph
03-24-2009, 03:15 PM
has this present administration figured out how to bring the economy back at this point of time? after all the s+p is up 22% off the bottom now, and the dow might be heading back to 10k which would make a 20% rise from the prior administration.

my guess is the demise has been delayed for about 12 years now or until they find another republican president like george bush to blow up what's ever left of this place.

I think you are being a little optimistic............ a little early to swear by Obama's saving of the economy...........

I think many made the current slide a little more dramatic than it really is.........but too early to tell if you ask me.

Those of us that Remember Jimmy "Misery Index" Carter aren't making any judgements yet

lamboguy
03-24-2009, 03:22 PM
I think you are being a little optimistic............ a little early to swear by Obama's saving of the economy...........

I think many made the current slide a little more dramatic than it really is.........but too early to tell if you ask me.

Those of us that Remember Jimmy "Misery Index" Carter aren't making any judgements yet

i can't agree with you more, but as you well know the republicans hide behind morality issues and steal your money when you aren't looking, the democrats steal it in broad daylight.

Lefty
03-24-2009, 07:29 PM
lamby, how do tax cuts steal your money? The dims are stealing our money for sure. When Gehtner wants the power to go after and take over any company he wants, not only our money, but our freedom is in peril. Wise up.

lamboguy
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
lamby, how do tax cuts steal your money? The dims are stealing our money for sure. When Gehtner wants the power to go after and take over any company he wants, not only our money, but our freedom is in peril. Wise up.

truthfully, they all stink. but remember this the bigest tax cuts came under democrats like john kennedy, and bill clinton. the bigest tax increase came from my idol ronald reagan by way of no credit card deductions, and no deductions for things like owning horses. as you can see he raised you blind, and you didn't know it. meanwhile every single financial institution got advantages and tax breaks, they go bad and rob you, and then you gotta bail them out.

also this geitner deal is a republican to the best of my knowledge.

Lefty
03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
I remember no such things. JFK did cut taxes. Reagan cut the tax rates dramatically which led to over 20 yrs of prosperity. Clinton, at the time Increased taxes to the highest level in history and even made the retroactive. Bush cut taxes and we had 6 yrs of prosperity until all the bad loans encouraged by the dims come to light. And now Obama keeps saying he will cut the deficit in half while adding a trillion per yr to it. He will raise taxes on energy through his cap and trade and has eliminated tax deductions for home mtgs and charity. This guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.

ddog
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Lefty

you are just out of your depth.
are you ACTUALLY comparing dollar per dollar over a period of 50 years?

say it ain't so.
clinton the highest tax rates in history????

wanna bet?

on the couple of deductions you listed , i don't think those are being eliminated, and they certainly HAVE NOT been eliminated, the freakin budget hasn't been voted on yet.

in there , if you bothered to look you will find they are not eliminated.

although they should be eliminated, for sure.

why should people subsidize your home loan or charity?

No way.

if you don't want to buy or give without uncle sugar forcing you to then i ain't gonna bribe you to do it.

cut the communist crap.

and you are a lost cause of you really think that "bad loans" made this whole deal.

beyond reason and beyond any hope of having it explained if you are still stuck in that time warp.

boxcar
03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I remember no such things. JFK did cut taxes. Reagan cut the tax rates dramatically which led to over 20 yrs of prosperity. Clinton, at the time Increased taxes to the highest level in history and even made the retroactive. Bush cut taxes and we had 6 yrs of prosperity until all the bad loans encouraged by the dims come to light. And now Obama keeps saying he will cut the deficit in half while adding a trillion per yr to it. He will raise taxes on energy through his cap and trade and has eliminated tax deductions for home mtgs and charity. This guy talks out of both sides of his mouth.

And don't forget: Now that he's elected he wants to do the very thing that he criticized McCain for wanting to do during the campaign: Tax health care benefits! Cute. Real cute.

Boxcar

Lefty
03-24-2009, 11:21 PM
well, dog, he's gonna try to make those things a reality and he tried to justify doing it at his press conference tonight. A lot of people opted to buy homes because of the tax deduction. This is better than the govt seizing our taxes for food stamps and other social crap. Same deal for charities. I'd rather there be a tax deduction for charitable giving than the govt once again, deciding where it goes.

Lefty
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
http://www.clintonmemoriallibrary.com/clint_econ.htm

doggy, the above link talks about clinton's biggest tax hike in history. But that was then. He was a piker compared to Obama.
Out of my depth? Nlot me, you?