PDA

View Full Version : Master Cpl. Scott Vernelli Cpl. Tyler Crooks, Troopers Jack Bouthillier & Corey Hayes

Rookies
03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
THESE were the four brave Canadian soldiers, along with the rest of their 112 comrades that predecessed them, that were honoured on the Highway of Heroes today. I stood on one of the Toronto overpasses again to salute the fallen along with about 200 of my fellow citizens. Veterans, Police, Emergency Services, the young, the old, both genders and seeveral cultures stood silently waving Canadian flags as the hearses drove underneath on the way to the morgue. http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/606952

So, just what did Fox, the deranged and disgusting network think of them ?

"In the segment that aired last week on the late-night program "Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld" panelists suggest Canadian soldiers need time off for "manicures and pedicures."
Canadian Lt. Gen. Andrew Leslie had said the military would need a one-year break from operations after Canada's mission in Afghanistan ends in 2011.

In the segment on his show Gutfeld said: "The Canadian military wants to take a breather to do some yoga, paint landscapes, run on the beach in gorgeous white capri pants." Gutfeld also added: "Isn't this the perfect time to invade this ridiculous country? They have no army."

Another panelist, Doug Benson, said he didn't even know Canadian troops were in Afghanistan." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk

The fact that this was the Fox Z team late night doesn't cut any slack with me. Gutfeld's very belated apology is not enough. Most Canadians think they should all be fired ! Imagine that idiot that purports to involve himself with news, that doesn't know Canada is carrying the heavy load in Afghanistan- where the real 9-11 killers can be found ! Needless to say, as the full pantload hit the fan yesterday, Canadians united in outrage at this stupid, inexcusable slight that ridicules these brave soldiers.

(Conservative) "Defense Minister Peter MacKay requested the apology Monday before attending a repatriation ceremony with the families of four soldiers who were killed last Friday. So far, 116 Canadian soldiers have died in Afghanistan.
"It is crass. It is insensitive and it is in fact disgusting given the timing where Canada is just receiving back four fallen heroes," MacKay told CTV News.

Personally, I think Fox should immediately assign them to ride with the Canadian army on the road to Kandahar. Every little bump of the road and they'd be shitting their pants and of course... looking to Canada to protect them.

Yuk it up Gutfeld you disgusting POS !

TRY COMING UP HERE AND DROPPING A FEW QUIPS WITH THE FAMILIES OF VERNELLI, CROOKS, BOUTHILLIER & HAYES.

Interesting to me that the usual cabal of FOX supporters... uhhh... missed this story...:ThmbDown:

JustRalph
03-23-2009, 07:23 PM
you know that is a comedy show right?...........and it borders on lunacy on purpose......... no excuse........they are idiots.......but that is what they do

Rookies
03-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Funny Ralph... I don't recall SNL ever ridiculing troops in war, do you ?

ArlJim78
03-23-2009, 07:38 PM
i have to agree with Rookies. i watched a bit of the clip and then turned it off. i don't like to see folks disparaged that serve and fight in the military. i don't know much about that show, but based on that panel discussion they deserve to be slammed in my view. it's no laughing matter.

frankly i think all the Canada bashing is in bad form also.

Lefty
03-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Red Eye is about the only show on fox that i don't watch. I don't think they're funny. But I get the feeling that Rookies didn't think much of Fox even before this. Just a feeling, ya know.
I don't like to see soldiers disparaged. God Bless the Brave ones.

JustRalph
03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Funny Ralph... I don't recall SNL ever ridiculing troops in war, do you ?

no, not SNL, just Democrat Congressmen.

I wasn't apologizing for the damn show. And it isn't anything like SNL.

It is what it is........ that's why it is on at 3 a.m.

cj's dad
03-24-2009, 07:35 AM
no, not SNL, just Democrat Congressmen.

I wasn't apologizing for the damn show. And it isn't anything like SNL.

It is what it is........ that's why it is on at 3 a.m.

Ralph,

It's on @ 3 AM so they have a built in excuse for their miserable ratings- the show stinks and the cast of clowns are 3rd rate at best.

JustRalph
03-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Ralph,

It's on @ 3 AM so they have a built in excuse for their miserable ratings- the show stinks and the cast of clowns are 3rd rate at best.

i would agree with that.............

they should follow Megyn Kelly around for a day.......and run that in re-play between 3-4a and it would get better ratings...........

Here she is with Fox's Julie Banderas

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/BanderasKelly_7.21.JPG

Steve 'StatMan'
03-24-2009, 03:50 PM
I only see clips of it on the internet, but I consider Redeye to be a comedy show, with an in-your-face kind of style but a conservatives point of view vs the liberal point of view. They definitely talk about news items and comment on them, but I consider it no more real news than The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart or Politically Incorrect w/Bill Maur.

cj's dad
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
I only see clips of it on the internet, but I consider Redeye to be a comedy show, with an in-your-face kind of style but a conservatives point of view vs the liberal point of view. They definitely talk about news items and comment on them, but I consider it no more real news than The Daily Show w/Jon Stewart or Politically Incorrect w/Bill Maur.

With absolutely ZERO cause to diss servicemen from Canada serving in a war zone.

PaceAdvantage
03-24-2009, 06:41 PM
Interesting to me that the usual cabal of FOX supporters... uhhh... missed this story...:ThmbDown:Doesn't EVERYONE (even FOX supporters) miss Red Eye? I mean, come on man...

Rookies
03-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Doesn't EVERYONE (even FOX supporters) miss Red Eye? I mean, come on man...

Certainly never expected anybody to watch it live. But, people find blogs here to excoriate Obama, so I would have thought the new story aspect was worthy of comment.

Most Canadian reaction has been, following disgust and disgrace: " Well, that's just FOX being FOX- nothing new. " But, since the winds of boycotting FOX and its pay channels have been raised, well FOX is responding.

Apparently, the A Team, led by Chris Wallace, will be issuing an apology when they interview the Prime Minister tomorrow.

PaceAdvantage
03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey, boycott away, and post whatever you wish...no problem here...

RichieP
03-28-2009, 07:31 PM
they should follow Megyn Kelly around for a day.......

Here she is with Fox's Julie Banderas

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/original/BanderasKelly_7.21.JPG

Banderas is smoking hot man! :10:
I didn't know Kelly had it like that :8:

:jump::jump: