PDA

View Full Version : TRI OR EXACTA...

markum77
03-23-2009, 09:32 AM
I am thinking of playing the tri instead of exactas... keying around chalky horses.. any thoughts here on how much more inefficient the TRI pool is... I know I hit he ALL button way too much.

cj's dad
03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
I am thinking of playing the tri instead of exactas... keying around chalky horses.. any thoughts here on how much more inefficient the TRI pool is... I know I hit he ALL button way too much.

Greatest invention in the history of race handicappingdom.

Can geta bit pricey but how does one h'cap 3rd.

Think of all the 40+/1 shots that run 3rd and the tri price goes thru the roof.!!

markum77
03-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Do they make any program that will let you weight each horse by amount of money youwant to bet for the race and then by each horse so it figures your tickets out for you...automatically..as in if you want to key the 5 to win and like the next 3 horses..4 2 1

$10 542
$5 541
ect
ect
ect

cj's dad
03-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Do they make any program that will let you weight each horse by amount of money youwant to bet for the race and then by each horse so it figures your tickets out for you...automatically..as in if you want to key the 5 to win and like the next 3 horses..4 2 1

$10 542
$5 541
ect
ect
ect

I don't know. I simply do the math and decide if the risk is worth the reward.

EX: If I have a price horse - 8/1 higher in either the 1 or 2 spot with a solid
3/1 or 4/1 and don't like the fave, I'm hitting all 3rd.

markum77
03-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Wonder if thier is an inequity in taking the chalk in the second position. I think the exata pays more with it second than it should.

rrbauer
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
You should always evaluate the exacta possibilities from the first two finishers in any trifecta combination especially when those two are being used multiple times. In the absence of hitting the "all" button for the third slot, don't overlook what can be taken from the race without complicating a nice exacta score.

fmolf
03-23-2009, 03:32 PM
i have always found it easier to pick my winner in the exacta an then play the three most overlaid combinations that are being offered on the board.... sometimes when only two speed horses are in the race i might play a two horse box if both figure to distance themselves from a weak field