PDA

View Full Version : Ever taken a bite of a funky Frankfurter?

BombsAway Bob
03-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Today's FRONT PAGE NY POST Story-
(Heck, i'd have rioted if you gave me a garbage Bar-S Chicken Frank.. made from the toes)
"FRANK INCENSED" - NY POST -by Reuven Blua Posted:March 22, 2009
It was kosher chaos.

A riot erupted at a Brooklyn restaurant last week when Orthodox Jewish patrons discovered the "kosher" hot dogs on the menu were chicken franks that didn't answer to a higher authority. What ensued was as unholy as the hot dogs. The eatery's frightened manager was punched in the face and fended off the angry mob with an electric carving knife until cops finally broke up the frankfurter fracas. "They were yelling at the guy behind the counter," one witness told The Post. "They started spitting and throwing things at him. They were shaking the counter and trying to jump over to search the fridge."

Members of Shomrim, the local volunteer crime patrol, was at the scene before police. "There were at least 100 people there. We sent everybody out to the street," a member said. The Torah tussle began when a longtime patron noticed the unusually plump wiener he bought Monday night at Cheskel's Shawarma King in Borough Park didn't fit into a challah roll as usual. Suspicious, he asked for proof of where the hot dogs were bought. The server brought him the package, which confirmed the Bar S brand jumbo chicken frank was not certified kosher. Shocked Hasidic patrons, joined by dozens of passers-by, encircled the counter of the 13th Avenue eatery, demanding answers. At least one patron hit besieged manager Yosef Baron in the cheek.

Baron kept them at bay by waving the electric knife in their faces an image captured on video now making the rounds on the Web.

No one was arrested. (NOW YOU KNOW...THE REST of THE STORY!)
http://www.nypost.com/seven/03222009/news/regionalnews/kosher_dog_fight_160790.htm (http://www.nypost.com/seven/03222009/news/regionalnews/kosher_dog_fight_160790.htm)

BELMONT 6-6-09
03-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Just another day in Brooklyn...my birthplace.

toetoe
03-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Who do they think they are ... Muslims ?

Oh, this is the wurst. :bang: .

Tom
03-23-2009, 07:34 AM
:lol: