PDA

View Full Version : Website Problems....

PaceAdvantage
07-20-2001, 12:27 PM
One person contacted me via e-mail saying it was taking an inordinate amount of time to view the site using his/her dsl connection. I did a little digging, and came up with this from my host:

[Jul 19, 2001, 1:09 PM] Network Problems

Please be advised that the train derailment and resulting chemical spill in Baltimore, Maryland has disrupted the circuits of a significant number of Internet carriers, and shifting traffic patterns, as a result, have in some cases led to reduced performance for many sites. We have received a number of inquiries about this. Please understand that there is little we can do on our end while repair work is pending. Carriers have not been allowed onto the site to begin repairs yet, as far as we know.

I myself haven't experienced any problems at home, but at work today, I am seeing some slowness. Perhaps this is the cause....

==PA

Rick Ransom
07-20-2001, 06:21 PM
I've had trouble getting to the Racing Channel and Equibase for long periods of time the last couple of days. I use these sites a lot so it was a real pain to work around it. I eventually got what I wanted but wasted a lot of time.

I thought the internet was supposed to be designed so that something like this wouldn't cause a lot of trouble. You should be able to get there by taking another path through the network. Remember, this thing was originally designed for defense communications. Now I'm worried.