PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct R10 Merlin Circle

Bobzilla
03-21-2009, 01:00 PM
This Clm 10000 beaten claimers event seems like one of the more interesting races of the card if you can get around #3 GOODSON, who I'm hoping might get caught up in a traffic jam. There are a few in here who might be candidates for the lead, including the #1 ENERGY CENTER if he should get a clean start which hasn't happened for him in his most recent appearences.

I think if #5 MERLIN CIRCLE can get out cleanly he might be one of the ones on or near the lead which from where I would think he'd have just as much chance as many of the others in here who I suspect will be getting more play. He's coming out of a quickly run (22 opening quarter) Clm 20-18B event in which he was 2 1/2 behind Double Or Nothing, who by using Beyer Beaten Lenths numbers ran approximately a 93 BSF, on the outside and became the first to become discouraged when the winner took off to hold off Volos. That level was too much for MC but 2 back he won with a wide trip against Clm 12500B, showing some determination in the final strides to stave off Karakorum Tornado who I thought was going to blow right by him. MC was running better earlier in his 3 year old season last year, earning an 80 BSF going gtw on 3/27, albeit while still being trained by Bruce Levine. MC might appreciate the drop down from that tough Clm 20000B race last time. Hopefully Winston Thompson will want to be up close and try saving some ground if he can.

Should be a nice Superfecta race.