PDA

View Full Version : Lanes End on TV

point given
03-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Tune in ESPN2 5-6pm as listed for saturday. Of all the races to televise, they pick this one, go figure. Looks to be a 2 horse contest between West Side Bernie and Bittel Road. Interesting that Garret Gomez comes in to ride Bittel Road and JR Velasquez stays in florida. Bittel was on the west coast and i guess the competition was too tough out there for him with POTN etc.

onefast99
03-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Tune in ESPN2 5-6pm as listed for saturday. Of all the races to televise, they pick this one, go figure. Looks to be a 2 horse contest between West Side Bernie and Bittel Road. Interesting that Garret Gomez comes in to ride Bittel Road and JR Velasquez stays in florida. Bittel was on the west coast and i guess the competition was too tough out there for him with POTN etc.
We will see if Breens media blitz will earn him a spot in the winners circle. He has a solid horse but also has seconditis.

GaryG
03-21-2009, 10:24 AM
I liked Bernie's race at GP. He made a nice run on the far turn after trailing early. He was also closing into a speed bias. I am betting him. Maybe ESPN will show it if the ping pong doesn't run over.

point given
03-21-2009, 05:45 PM
not normally betting at turfway, i see it on the Twinspires schedule and download some pps , handicap some races and find that you can't bet the turfway card on TS, that and a washout of the turf races and a sloppy track at gulfstream has me watching bball . This on the first broadcast of racing on tv this season. Sure builds up my enthusiasm for the sport, er, gambling, er watching. :(

plus saving my wallet from depletion :ThmbUp:

joanied
03-21-2009, 06:03 PM
IMO....not a Derby horse in the Lane's End field... winner: Hold Me Back with JoJo's jock...Kent D....Bernie & Bittle didn't run a lick.
I gotta agree with PG...of all the prep's, ESPN picks this one to air :faint: ...ohwell, guess we shouldn't be surprised about that.

KirisClown
03-21-2009, 06:31 PM
zwDzxJaerPk

onefast99
03-22-2009, 11:04 AM
I liked Bernie's race at GP. He made a nice run on the far turn after trailing early. He was also closing into a speed bias. I am betting him. Maybe ESPN will show it if the ping pong doesn't run over.
I hope you had a few winners at other tracks, Bernie and Bittel never challenged today. Breens hopes for the Derby are gone unless his owner wants to run. This is why you dont spout your mouth off prior to every big race, a lot of coverage of Bernie by DRF and Mcgee over the past week. Breen needs to stay away from the media until he wins the race. He is a good solid trainer of 2yo's, I am sure he will have another good Monmouth meet with the babies they bought last year at Keeneland.

onefast99
03-22-2009, 11:05 AM
IMO....not a Derby horse in the Lane's End field... winner: Hold Me Back with JoJo's jock...Kent D....Bernie & Bittle didn't run a lick.
I gotta agree with PG...of all the prep's, ESPN picks this one to air :faint: ...ohwell, guess we shouldn't be surprised about that.
Breen may show up with Westside Bernie as his owner will make him go into that race. Tough loss yesterday for that camp.

DJofSD
03-22-2009, 11:28 AM
not normally betting at turfway, i see it on the Twinspires schedule and download some pps , handicap some races and find that you can't bet the turfway card on TS, that and a washout of the turf races and a sloppy track at gulfstream has me watching bball . This on the first broadcast of racing on tv this season. Sure builds up my enthusiasm for the sport, er, gambling, er watching. :(

plus saving my wallet from depletion :ThmbUp:
Ditto that.

I thought I was going to bet TP but TS was not taking bets online, only telephone. Then, the feature turf race at a very wet GP was shortened to 10 furlongs and changed to the main track.

Oh well.

Robert Fischer
03-22-2009, 11:57 AM
the key was watching Hold Me Back's previous races and maybe his workouts as well.

There was a slim chance that Hold Me Back was the best from the paper form. Watching him and noticing his physical quality would have had to convince you that it was enough of a chance to play against Bittel Road.I didn't bother watching his replays and wasn't interested in betting the race. I would have been impressed by Hold Me Back, but I'm not sure that I would have liked him enough compared to Bittel Road to have a great value play. I would never have had the exacta with flying private.

It's always easy to see after or during the race. Hold Me Back was a quality horse and he stood out as being taller and longer striding. Physically he looked more like a 1 1/8th turf horse than most of those. That was a good time with good fractions for a challenging distance and surface.

Zenyatta To Crush
03-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Battaglia destroyed this race call, like usual. In my opinion, Battaglia is one of the most annoying race callers currently out there. How is horse racing supposed to draw fans when a horse like Hold Me Back wins to a very poorly called race? If they would have shown any of the races last weekend involving Friesan Fire or Rachel Alexandra, it would have been good for the sport.

Hopefully ESPN can make up for it with the Florida Derby next weekend, I guess I'm not even sure if they are televising it.

joanied
03-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Battaglia sucks:ThmbDown: I hate his calls....where's Tom Durkin when ya need him:)

ESPN should have televised last weekends races...the Lane's End did not warrant air time...IMO...
if there's any little league baseball, pool or turtle races going on...we may not see the FL Derby on ESPN:mad:

Bluto Blutarsky
03-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I enjoyed seeing Breen's cocky ass get spanked hard.
Welcome back to the Real World, big shot.

Marshall Bennett
03-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Battaglia destroyed this race call, like usual. In my opinion, Battaglia is one of the most annoying race callers currently out there.
Almost as bad as Grunder's shouting calls @ Tampa Bay . :)

joanied
03-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Breen may show up with Westside Bernie as his owner will make him go into that race. Tough loss yesterday for that camp.

What race:confused:

onefast99
03-22-2009, 09:06 PM
What race:confused:
The derby, that crew can't wait to wear their Derby attire, which by the way is very out of place at Monmouth park.:lol:

onefast99
03-22-2009, 09:07 PM
He has his niche its 2yo's as long as the fishbowl kids keep supplying him with them he will win. Once they turn 3 its time to look elsewhere for a go to trainer.

supercap
03-22-2009, 09:21 PM
This Mcghee clown that writes for the drf is a Breen shill! Will you let the guy win a big race before we gotta here all the bs about him growing up watching horses race and dreaming of being a trainer . If I gotta hear another person tell us how good bernies race at gulf was I am gonna puke. He ran into a bias from the outside post, blah blah blah blah. Jerry Bailey said he had a talk with prado before the race and prado said he hangs a little so I am gonna have to time my move perfect. Still waiting Edgardo! Talk about Derby dreams up in smoke!!!

supercap
03-23-2009, 12:48 PM

Go Bluto!!!