PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer program: Scarier and Scarier

Dave Schwartz
03-20-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=92288

{A couple of tidbits...}

House adopts plan for 'volunteer' corps
Also requires new evaluation of 'mandatory' service for all

It not only reauthorizes the programs, but also includes "new programs and studies" and is expected to be funded with an allocation of $6 billion over the next five years, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Many, however, are raising concerns that the program, which is intended to include 250,000 "volunteers," is the beginning of what President Obama called his "National Civilian Security Force" in a a speech last year in which he urged creating an organization as big and well-funded as the U.S. military. He has declined since then to elaborate.

WND reported when a copy of the speech provided online apparently was edited to exclude Obama's specific references to the new force.

DJofSD
03-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Dave, what color shirts will they be wearing?

so.cal.fan
03-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the Marxist States of America! :eek:

ArlJim78
03-20-2009, 08:44 PM
the sad part is I see nothing that will prevent us from marching headlong into this Brave New World. it's going to get much worse before it can get better.

GaryG
03-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Perhaps it can be made up of welfare recipients and illegal aliens. Jesse Jackson could be the HMFIC for a million bucks or so. Plenty of room for Jesse Jr and Sharpie.

Dave Schwartz
03-20-2009, 10:02 PM

DJ,

My thought exactly.

Dave

DJofSD
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
We'll need to see what is in the loyalty oath.

ddog
03-20-2009, 11:13 PM
i doubt there will be much marching, more like scavenging for food and water.

shirts - i doubt it china will stop shipping to deadbeats at some point.

even they will wise up.

brace for impact.

you ain't got the cash anymore to buy 250K shirts and nobody left in this place can make em.

DJofSD
03-21-2009, 12:48 AM
dd, I think you missed the inference. Brown shirts explained here. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_shirts)

HUSKER55
03-21-2009, 01:05 AM
sPEAKING OF MANDATORY VOLUNTEER SERVICE, would it be too unreasonable to expect a member of senate or above to have served in the military and seen action and killed an enemy?

With a rider like that I would be very interested in seeing what happens.:)

DJofSD
03-21-2009, 01:13 AM
That sounds more like making bones than anything else.

boxcar
03-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Probably the same ones the teens were wearing in those videos which were taken down off the web.

Everyone ready to embrace the New World Order? :rolleyes:

Boxcar

so.cal.fan
03-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Does anyone recall Michelle Obama making a comment "we will CHANGE the FACE of AMERICA?
I heard her say that and it sent chills up the back of my neck.
Obama and his wife are Marxists. Obama has been mentored by Marxists, from the man in Hawaii, to William Aires, to Reverend Wright.
This whole "civilian security" force is shockingly similar to the Bolshevik Revolution and to Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia, Communist China's Red Guard.
Marxism has killed 10's of millions of people in the past century, from Stalin's Soviet Union to Chinese Communism starving millions of people.
It is a failed political system. It is evil and doesn't ever work. Doesn't ever work.

Tom
03-21-2009, 11:11 AM
The future of this country lies in the woods of Michigan and the hills of Montana. The next election will take place in the streets, not voting booths.

Think I'm kidding?
Ask a Jew who lived in Germany in 1940.

OBama is not an American.

boxcar
03-21-2009, 11:19 AM
OBama is not an American.

He's certainly not one in spirit...and he may not even be one according to the letter of the law.

Boxcar

boxcar
03-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Does anyone recall Michelle Obama making a comment "we will CHANGE the FACE of AMERICA?

I do indeed remember that. But the one that was even scarier was BO's opinion of the Constitution and how he essentially felt that it was fundamentally flawed and how he lamented the fact that that document places too many restrictions on government power. For me, that said it all. I knew what evil must lurk in this man's dark heart.

Obama and his wife are Marxists. Obama has been mentored by Marxists, from the man in Hawaii, to William Aires, to Reverend Wright.
This whole "civilian security" force is shockingly similar to the Bolshevik Revolution and to Hitler's Germany and Stalin's Russia, Communist China's Red Guard.
Marxism has killed 10's of millions of people in the past century, from Stalin's Soviet Union to Chinese Communism starving millions of people.
It is a failed political system. It is evil and doesn't ever work. Doesn't ever work.

And what's amazing is how many on this forum can't or don't want to make those kinds of comparisons. They're content with burying their heads in the sand because they don't want to believe that all these things (or even worse) could happen here in America. In fact, there are some here that would defend and attempt to justify such unnecessary legislation.

Boxcar
P.S. Given the political climate in this country, my wife has had a huge change of heart lately. She has come to believe in a woman's right to choose, i.e. Pistols or Revolvers?

DJofSD
03-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Boxie, I think the reason for the relative lack of outrage by the forum lurkers and the American people is they have been dumbed down by the educational system and the main stream media along with the electronic entertainment industry refuses to look at history. IOW, they're just ignorant and dumb, lazy useful idiots. (Ten bonus points: who uttered the phrase 'useful idiots'?)

Tom
03-21-2009, 11:51 AM
What POS POTUS is doing is taking ACORN national. Roaming groups of thugs to be his enforcers. Old trick, used by Black Muslims before. Was it Baltimore?

Anyway, a group of thugs above the law out to silence opposition.

boxcar
03-21-2009, 12:25 PM
What POS POTUS is doing is taking ACORN national. Roaming groups of thugs to be his enforcers. Old trick, used by Black Muslims before. Was it Baltimore?

Anyway, a group of thugs above the law out to silence opposition.

And more than this...ACORN is going to "partner" with the Census Bureau in 2010 when the next census will be taken. And I read somewhere where the Census Bureau is now directly under White House control. And making this move was a very high priority for Obama -- it's one of the first things he did when he took office. Anyone here can't connect the dots?

Boxcar

JustRalph
03-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Tom............

Here's your sign!! :lol:

so.cal.fan
03-22-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=es-MX&v=3DlTgrMCxPg&gl=MX

mostpost
03-22-2009, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=es-MX&v=3DlTgrMCxPg&gl=MX

If you send me your address, I'll send you a clock. You already have the cuckoo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdidxmyEKo&NR=1

PaceAdvantage
03-23-2009, 02:12 AM
If you send me your address, I'll send you a clock. You already have the cuckoo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdidxmyEKo&NR=1It's odd. People go all GAAGAA when you call Obama a communist, but these same folks had no problem calling GWB a Nazi.

Who's cuckoo here again?

It was ok to exaggerate with Bush, but Obama is off limits? Why?

toetoe
03-23-2009, 12:14 PM
If the Turner Diaries belong to Nat Turner, I say seal them for a thousand years. You see, Saint Nat was of color. It just wouldn't be right.

PA, you insensitive brute (:socking in girl fashion), the reason King Barack gets kid gloves treatment is that he is half black (his better half, of course), and therefore oppressed beyond the melatonin-challenged man's ability to comprehend.

mostpost
03-23-2009, 12:44 PM
It's odd. People go all GAAGAA when you call Obama a communist, but these same folks had no problem calling GWB a Nazi.

Who's cuckoo here again?

It was ok to exaggerate with Bush, but Obama is off limits? Why?

That would be Allen Keyes. He only received 27% of the vote in the Senate election against Obama. Illinois is a democratic state right now, but Keyes received about 20% less votes than your average republican. So a lot of his own were put off by his weird views.

I agree that it is wrong to call President Bush a Nazi, just as it is wrong to call President Obama a communist. I don't need to exagerate to condemn Bush and his administration.
He led us into a war of choice against a country which did NOT attack us. He did so based on false information, and by doing so greatly diminished our chances of defeating the real enemy. He used that war to wage war against our Constittion under the guise of protecting our citizens. He either misinterpreted or did not care about the reactions of our allies. He gave out no bid contracts to provide support and services for that war, rather than opening up the bidding process to provide for the best support and services.
He allowed Wall Street to run wild, resulting in the financial catastrophe we face at present. His Securities and Exchange commission refused to Investigate Bernie Madoff even after being advised of his Ponzi scheme. He took us from record surplus to record deficit in just 8 years. He completely screwed up the resonse to Hurricane Katrina. He filled his administration with incompetent toadies and syncophants which allowed him to accomplish all of the above. If "accomplish" is the right word

so.cal.fan
03-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Mostpost, thank you for sharing your "keif olberman" talking points. :sleeping:

Anyone see this? Obama is a madman!
http://www.puma08.com/2009/03/22/obama-appears-punch-drunk-in-60-minutes-interview/

cj's dad
03-23-2009, 01:15 PM
That would be Allen Keyes. He only received 27% of the vote in the Senate election against Obama. Illinois is a democratic state right now, but Keyes received about 20% less votes than your average republican. So a lot of his own were put off by his weird views.

I agree that it is wrong to call President Bush a Nazi, just as it is wrong to call President Obama a communist. I don't need to exagerate to condemn Bush and his administration.
He led us into a war of choice against a country which did NOT attack us. He did so based on false information, and by doing so greatly diminished our chances of defeating the real enemy. He used that war to wage war against our Constittion under the guise of protecting our citizens. He either misinterpreted or did not care about the reactions of our allies. He gave out no bid contracts to provide support and services for that war, rather than opening up the bidding process to provide for the best support and services.
He allowed Wall Street to run wild, resulting in the financial catastrophe we face at present. His Securities and Exchange commission refused to Investigate Bernie Madoff even after being advised of his Ponzi scheme. He took us from record surplus to record deficit in just 8 years. He completely screwed up the resonse to Hurricane Katrina. He filled his administration with incompetent toadies and syncophants which allowed him to accomplish all of the above. If "accomplish" is the right word

I don't need to exagerate to condemn Bush and his administration.

No, but you will

He led us into a war of choice against a country which did NOT attack us.

If memory serves niether did Vietnam, Korea, Granada etc...

He did so based on (1)false information, and by doing so greatly diminished our chances of defeating the (2)real enemy.

1- That others believed also
2-And who might that be?

He used that war to wage war against our Constittion under the guise of protecting our citizens

Guaranteed that you know not a single person whose rights were infringed upon.

He either misinterpreted or did not care about the reactions of our allies

Our true allies joined us. The rest? f-them.

He gave out no bid contracts to provide support and services for that war, rather than opening up the bidding process to provide for the best support and services.

It's not like there are numerous companies waiting to bid on or are equipped to handle a war effort. After all, he wasn't seeking bids for a house painting.

He allowed Wall Street to run wild, resulting in the financial catastrophe we face at present. His Securities and Exchange commission refused to Investigate Bernie Madoff even after being advised of his Ponzi scheme.

Pretty sure if you check, the dems ran Congress the last 8 years.

He took us from record surplus to record deficit in just 8 years

See above.

He completely screwed up the resonse to Hurricane Katrina

Look who he was dealing with; incompetents at local levels

He filled his administration with incompetent toadies and syncophants which allowed him to accomplish all of the above. If "accomplish" is the right word

If his appointees had 1/10 the savvy and knowledge of GWB's people we would be a hell of a lot better off.

ArlJim78
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
yes, a creepy wasteful boondoggle. To Give and Serve Dear Leader.
voluntary private charity is now being discouraged in favor of mandatory big government programs.

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/03/25/to-give-and-to-serve-the-6-billion-national-service-boondoggle/

To GIVE and to SERVE: The $6 billion National Service boondoggle
by Michelle Malkin
Creators Syndicate
(http://www.creators.com/)Copyright 2009

Maybe it’s just me, but I find federal legislation titled “The GIVE Act” and “The SERVE Act” downright creepy. Even more troubling: The $6 billion price tag on these bipartisan bills to expand government-funded national service efforts. Volunteerism is a wonderful thing, which is why millions of Americans do it every day without a cent of taxpayer money. But the volunteerism packages on the Hill are less about promoting effective charity than about creating make-work, permanent bureaucracies, and left-wing slush funds.

more at the link...

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/obey.jpg

dutchboy
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
When she is on TV they need to show her from the waist up. Lot of junk in her trunk as they say. Not a good sight.

Lefty
03-26-2009, 01:48 AM
dutchboy, nothing substantive to say huh? Guess not as you went right to the personal attack.

ArlJim78
03-26-2009, 12:23 PM
So now they say that mandatory volunteer service education integrated into all levels of schooling has an authoritarian feels to it?

you don't say?:rolleyes:

Expanded Americorps has an authoritarian feel (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/Expanded-Americorps-has-an-authoritarian-feel-41889742.html#comments)

"With almost no public attention, both chambers of Congress in the past week advanced an alarming expansion of the Americorps national service plan, with the number of federally funded community service job increasing from 75,000 to 250,000 at a cost of $5.7 billion. Lurking behind the feel-good rhetoric spouted by the measure’s advocates is a bill that on closer inspection reveals multiple provisions that together create a strong odor of creepy authoritarianism. The House passed the measure overwhelmingly, while only 14 senators had the sense and courage to vote against it on a key procedural motion. Every legislator who either voted for this bill or didn’t vote at all has some serious explaining to do.

But that’s not all. The bill also calls for “youth engagement zones” in which “service learning” is “a mandatory part of the curriculum in all of the secondary schools served by the local educational agency.” This updated form of voluntary community service is also to be “integrated into the science, technology, engineering and mathematics curricula” at all levels of schooling. Sounds like a government curriculum for government approved “service learning,” which is nothing less than indoctrination. Now, ask yourself if congressmen who voted for this monstrosity had a clue what they were voting for. If not, they’re guilty of dereliction of duty. If yes, the implications are truly frightening."

throw some brown shirts on and away they go. what could go wrong?

Tom
03-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Are little mustaches mandatory, too?

PaceAdvantage
03-26-2009, 06:55 PM
It's all ok folks. The authors of this bill have the safe and caring (D) next to their names.

If this same bill were authored by the dreaded and evil (R)s, we would see never ending threads by the four horsemen (or is it three now?) telling us how Republicans are nazis and this bill proves it....