PDA

View Full Version : Remember that old DOS game you used to play?

Dave Schwartz
03-20-2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.classicdosgames.com/online.php

Boris
03-20-2009, 07:41 PM
"You are standing at the end of a road before a small brick building. "

Circa 1978ish. All text. May even pre-date DOS. I remember playing it on a DEC (I think) machine.

Thanks Dave.

Dave Schwartz
03-20-2009, 08:04 PM
The now-famous PDP-11?

Boy do I remember those.

And remember those erly IBMs with the tiny screens - the software supported 64 characters across but only showed 32 - you had to shift right or left).

In some old box a couple of months ago I found an 8" floppy! Oh, where did my CPM system go?

Dave

facorsig
03-20-2009, 11:47 PM
It is a testament to the Sim-series that SimCity started on DOS.

I was hoping to see Empire (the original Empire there) along with the adventure game where the objective was to kill the Balrog...a lengthy Google search later and the name of the game was Moria. A fraternity brother of mine added about two years to his studies to win this game (and others like it).

At that time, I would buy a software more on the reputation of the developer than anything else. I recognize a few of the publisher names, but not many.

Fred

ddog
03-20-2009, 11:55 PM
i hate to say it but i started when the output was a teletype(spo) and input was via card punch.

you never lived until you dropped a box of a thousand key punch cards with your general ledger programming on them!

pdp11 were nice , dec made a ton of good solid machines i still have a couple of micro vaxes in my basement that are still running , i just want to see how long they will last.

JustRalph
03-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Dave has been in computers and software so long

he used to sign onto this board with a telegraph

Dave Schwartz
03-21-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Dog's got me beat. I never used punch cards.

My daughter asked me once: "Dad, when you were young did they have stagecoaches yet?"