PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Iraq?

Tom
03-20-2009, 09:09 AM
IT must be one of the following:

1. As bad as it was before the election
2. Worse than it was before the election
3. Better than it was before the election

If it is A, why no more coverage? We got negative reports every day back then, why not now?

If it is B, surely it must be more newsworthy now. Why no coverage?

If it is C, then the surge worked, Reid, Mutha, OBama...all were dead wrong. Of course there would be no coverage in that case. It would be a big negative to the dems who tied so hard to ensure defeat there.

You be the judge.
Fox covered it last night, in detail.
Fair, Balance, and the only ones still reporting the news.

Marshall Bennett
03-20-2009, 09:29 AM
Ironically , ABC's GMA has included a segment this week on improved conditions in Iraq . The election is over , their man is in , I suppose a lot of the improvements that were previously swept under the rug will surface now . Should the situation change dramatically for the worse , naturally Bush will again be the focus as the cause . This administration really doesn't care about much beyond our borders unless it has to do with the economy . They'll be happy however to take any credit thats tossed their way by the media .

DJofSD
03-20-2009, 10:03 AM
The media, being the lap dogs and willing accomplices of the left, is just following the script for this administration. They're laying down the ground work for massive changes to the military and the current operations in Iraq. I find it ironic that the newly elected chief financial operations officier of the US, can chide the American public about having a long term view of the stock market, but yet, when it comes to foriegn policy, long term is only as good as the current administration. Foriegn policy for the dem's is just another means to an end which is the promotion of their political party, American policy be damned.

jballscalls
03-20-2009, 11:25 AM
didnt obama say he was going to get us out of iraq?? thats a big reason he was elected and many people want us out of there, so has he started the evacuation of our troops yet?

lsbets
03-20-2009, 12:30 PM
His plan doesn't get us out, he just says it does.

ddog
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
IT must be one of the following:

1. As bad as it was before the election
2. Worse than it was before the election
3. Better than it was before the election

If it is A, why no more coverage? We got negative reports every day back then, why not now?

If it is B, surely it must be more newsworthy now. Why no coverage?

If it is C, then the surge worked, Reid, Mutha, OBama...all were dead wrong. Of course there would be no coverage in that case. It would be a big negative to the dems who tied so hard to ensure defeat there.

You be the judge.
Fox covered it last night, in detail.
Fair, Balance, and the only ones still reporting the news.

The numbers of US that are being killed/maimed has gone way down.

The nbrs of Iraqi has gone down , but there are still awfull bombings and kidnappings and beheadings that continue.

The damage to the people/families of the country is horrendous and if done on anything close to the same scale here would result in nukes flying long ago.

Your ode to fair and balanced is a joke.

The news is out there of what I lay out , you won't see it layed out here.
When the police stations etc were blown up in the last months or so , did you see the wall to wall coverage of that here on fair and balanced or other lamestreams?

NO, i doubt it.

When some of our guys were shot and killed/wounded by the Iraqi (police?) we trained, was that wall to wall on the lamestream?
Was that debated as to this whole "train up" a joke and actually anyone over there without a job will join, kind of an Iraqi police welfare state?

THe other claims about foregin policy for short sighted political points, well ask Petraues or the other people on that level what they think the chances are of long-term stability there.

The simple reply will be , we don't know, we are playing it day by day month by month.

The violence is down for now.

I still ask those who call it a success:

if you were bombed and/or your whole family wiped out AFTER a Canadian invasion to rescue us from an internally imposed form of gvt that the Canadians thought a danger to them and no matter how the Canadians pushed the rhetoric that things were so bad for US pre the resuce by the Canadians of US ,would you not find it difficult to forgive and forget and play nice with the Canadian liberators?

Say that mexico sent terrorist bands into the US to destablize some states and the terrorist leader stated that they were heading to Canada to take out the french there as well.

If we couldn't stop them should Canada send drones over the US states that were being destablized to rocket the terrorists or those that looked like them?

I would be killing as many Canadian troops as I could find!

It was still my country and my family that you so righteously killed before the rescue.
And no i don't give a rat ass that they were collateral and that you meant only to kill mexicans. tough.
Or that the mexicans only wanted to kill Canadians and we just got in the way.

our pure motives are all that matter.

:eek:

NJ Stinks
03-20-2009, 02:13 PM
ddog, Tom tells a fractured fairy tale and you rain on his parade.

These guys don't want the truth - they want Fox News.

Tom
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Actually, I just enjoy posting an idea and watching the libs, unarmed in a battle of wits, attack people or Fox instead of addressing the idea.

DJofSD
03-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Say that mexico sent terrorist bands into the US to destablize some states and the terrorist leader stated that they were heading to Canada to take out the french there as well.

If we couldn't stop them should Canada send drones over the US states that were being destablized to rocket the terrorists or those that looked like them?

I would be killing as many Canadian troops as I could find!

The drug lords operating south of the border are already performing terrorist acts north of the border.

If Canada were to project force via drones into the US in an effort to both aid the US and prevent a possible incursion into Canada, you would be killing Canadians? Say what?

So it's the enemy of my friend is my friend? Why not just have the US join forces with the terrorists and attack Canda?

NJ Stinks
03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually, I just enjoy posting an idea and watching the libs, unarmed in a battle of wits, attack people or Fox instead of addressing the idea.

If you're happy I'm happy, Tom. :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-20-2009, 02:51 PM
I'm happy that you totally missed the topic of the thread. That is always good for a chuckle. Almost as funny as getting someone to "pull my finger."

Greyfox
03-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Tom is right. We're getting much less coverage of Iraq since Obama came to power. What we're getting is coverage of Obama.
The man is an "in your face President."
He can't stop campaigning. Yesterday at town halls in California, and last night on Leno. Turn off the campaign switch BO.

In the meanwhile, the NY times has an interesting chart covering bench marks in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Most of the Bench marks for Iraq have improved, as noted by the lighter shades of grey. In the meanwhile, Afghanistan is doing worse and ...

The chart is at:

http://www.nytimes.com/imagepages/2009/03/20/opinion/20090320_IRAQ_GRAPHIC.html

JustRalph
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
His plan doesn't get us out, he just says it does.

right you are................it's a song and dance

It's the same as Bush's plan.........but Obama put his name on it.

6R8InADno6o

Bonus points to identify the guy in the white suit.......and his most famous role............Check out Buddy Rich playing the drums in the last part of the vid

Greyfox
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
right you are................it's a song and dance

It's the same as Bush's plan.........but Obama put his name on it.

Bonus points to identify the guy in the white suit.......and his most famous role............Check out Buddy Rich playing the drums in the last part of the vid

Good question JustRalph.
Ta da: It took awhile. The man in the white suit was Bert Lahr.
His most famous role was The Cowardly Lion.

Funny that you would associate that flick with our present supposed Lion King.:lol:
(Funny you would also associate tap dancing with the big O.):lol:

JustRalph
03-20-2009, 05:00 PM
Good question JustRalph.
Ta da: It took awhile. The man in the white suit was Bert Lahr.
His most famous role was The Cowardly Lion.

Funny that you would associate that flick with our present supposed Lion King.:lol:
(Funny you would also associate tap dancing with the big O.):lol:

I am glad somebody gets it........... :ThmbUp:

Tom
03-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Obama could play all three parts - no guts, no brain, no heart!
Even Toto...he pees outdoors. :lol: Obama peed all over America.

dav4463
03-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Of course it is better in Iraq right now. The evil Bush is gone. The world is all warm and fuzzy now that Obama is president. Everybody loves America now. Obama brought us all this good-will. All Hail King Obama! He is a president, a celebrity, a pop icon, a great communicator. He is simply a god among mere mortals and we should all bow in his glory.