PDA

View Full Version : MS Money

betchatoo
03-20-2009, 08:36 AM
Recently had to change computers. When I installed Money on to new computer it keeps asking me for correct password. I've never had a password for the program and it won't let me in to do y work. Any suggestions?

Red Knave
03-20-2009, 10:22 AM
Do you mean that you have installed it and tried to run it and then it asks for a password (below your email address)? If so, then it is your Windows Live ID. I think you can retrieve it if you go to https://accountservices.passport.net/uiresetpw.srf?lc=1033
You probably had it set to remember the password on the other computer (The main reason I never do that :) ).

If you mean that it asks for a password to do the install it would have been the product key, included in the original purchase package.

betchatoo
03-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks for your help. I have installed it and when I open the program, before it will let me see my files, it asks for a password. I have never had a password for this program. I did try the windows live password and it did not work. Any other suggestions?

DJofSD
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm guessing that MS Money was installed on the old PC as a suite of preinstalled software -- it came with the computer when you bought it.

If that is correct then I would expect there to be some kind of license key printed on a piece of paper or some other document that came with the old computer when you bought it.

Red Knave
03-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Any other suggestions?I've had some success in the past with Microsoft's Tech Support. They may be able to generate you a password or provide a way to get the old one.
I just upgraded my MSMoney online and it was only $39. I've seen bundles which include the current year's Tax software which might make an upgrade more palatable if you use them both.

betchatoo
03-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks. I have tried inputting the key ut that doesn't work. I'll try Microsoft tech support.