PDA

View Full Version : Watch the news tonight

HUSKER55
03-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Would you believe our fearless leader is going to let somw of the detainess settle here in the US?

Watch MSNBC. That is not right.

Obama has sold us out.

Tom
03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Cabinet posts?

Lefty
03-19-2009, 11:29 AM
No surprise. Anything this guy, Obama, does to harm this country doesn't surprise me. Next thing you know, he'll give them voting rights. But before that, he'll apologize for what our country has done to them, but of course he'll inject the disclaimer, "That wasn't my fault, it was the previous administration."

Light
03-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe if the detainees were put on trial and found guilty of something in a fair trial instead of subjected to torture and vegetation,you may have a point. Bush had a whole term and a half to do something and did nothing. You know why? Because most of these prisoners are not guilty of anything and the world and Obama know it. Its a disgrace to a "free society".The only ones who dont know that are the duped Die Hards on Pace Advantage.

Lefty
03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
light, yes, they were just out for a walk and suddenly they were on the battlefield holding a weapon. Light you have to be the most naive guy in the world. Give any of these guys half a chance and they'll cut your head off as quickly as they would anyone else. Maybe you can have a few over to your house.
BTW, Military Tribunals were in progress and Obama stopped them.

Tom
03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Over 60 that were returned to their home countries are back engaging in terrorist activities.

boxcar
03-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Cabinet posts?

At least we wouldn't have to worry about them being lying tax cheats. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
03-19-2009, 12:57 PM
No surprise. Anything this guy, Obama, does to harm this country doesn't surprise me. Next thing you know, he'll give them voting rights. But before that, he'll apologize for what our country has done to them, but of course he'll inject the disclaimer, "That wasn't my fault, it was the previous administration."

And after voting rights and presenting them with the keys to cities of their choices, they'll certainly be entitled to reparations so that they can live in the lap of luxury while planning and scheming the USA's demise.

Boxcar

cj's dad
03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
At least we wouldn't have to worry about them being lying tax cheats. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Unless they were to use Turbo-Tax

dav4463
03-19-2009, 03:01 PM
I saw this on a post somewhere. It kind of hit the nail on the head when you wonder how Obama can do some of the things he does without being scrutinized by the media.

"The folks that are mesmerized by Obama fall into 2 main categories, Those who idolize and worship celebities, and those that want the government to take care of them at the expense of those that work and produce in America."

JustRalph
03-19-2009, 04:50 PM
terrorists don't have trial rights.

Only American Citizens do.

they fly no flag, they are not citizens of the U.S.

this only encourages the military to use more ammo..............

ArlJim78
03-19-2009, 05:01 PM
terrorists don't have trial rights.

Only American Citizens do.

this only encourages the military to use more ammo..............
tut tut. you have used an old term that is no longer in favor.
didn't you get that memo? under Obama, Terrorism is out, it's now called Man-Caused disasters.

So for terrorists, please use "disaster causing persons" from now on.

we'll let you off with a warning this time.

thank you,

newtothegame
03-19-2009, 05:39 PM
Well, I rarely post on these political topics as I am not the intellectual as MOST here seem to be. But, I have to tell you all that if this is true, I am now more then disgusted with this president and his total disregard for the ENTIRE countries feelings.
It appears at my OPINION...which is probably not worth the time it takes to write this to most here....but I seriously think Obama is doing Pelosi, the other leaders of the democratic party's bidding.
Let me be clear, I did NOT vote for him. I voted for who I BEST thought could run this country based on the two final candidates. I do my best not to vote based on party lines. Living here in Southern Louisiana, I have found that MOST politicians are crooked. So i try to look at the platform of which they are running and their records. I really have heard all the "hope and change" speeches before. The problem with this whole platform is you can want to change all you want, but the problem lies in the fact that a president can only do what he can get passed. They are hundreds of senators and congress people who are gonna add their own agendas to every bill. Just look at the recently passed 'stimulus" pork filled bill. Everyone wants a cut. If this country truly wants change.....then get them ALL out and start over. Their is too much money at stake and with money comes power. The people in congress allow to much of the money and power to go to their heads and lose all moral and ethical values.
Until a president is willing to go his own way...with a grass roots agenda that is truly of the people, by the people , for the people, it WON'T change. A president needs to be able to put his or her agenda on the table and Call out through the media or other avenues any menber of congress who is voting against the "people". I just don't see this happening. To many back door deals behind closed doors and too many I can "just write the bill to suit my needs" going on. Political financing needs to be addressed. Just look at the whole Chris dodd fiasco that is now AIG. You cant accept hundreds of thousands of dollars from a company and then be expected to do "the right thing".
I know a bit off of the original subject...but...hey...I am me.
As for the prisoners...if they are to be brought here, I will just be astonished (although I shouldnt allow anything to surprise me at this point). They can not be tried as best I know in an american court as they are NOT americans. So what to do with them? Release them to the streets? Hell, I know some cities ( a few dark allies in New Orleans) they wouldnt survive a night. But none the less, I \can't believe this would even be discussed....incredible..
Just goes to show that Obama , (in MY opinion), truly does not have this countries best interest at heart.

robert99
03-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Article 14 of UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights signed up to by United States.

Article 14
All persons shall be equal before the courts and tribunals. In the determination of any criminal charge against him, or of his rights and obligations in a suit at law, everyone shall be entitled to a fair and public hearing by a competent, independent and impartial tribunal established by law. The Press and the public may be excluded from all or part of a trial for reasons of morals, public order (ordre public) or national security in a democratic society, or when the interest of the private lives of the parties so requires, or to the extent strictly necessary in the opinion of the court in special circumstances where publicity would prejudice the interests of justice; but any judgment rendered in a criminal case or in a suit at law shall be made public except where the interest of juvenile persons otherwise requires or the proceedings concern matrimonial disputes or the guardianship of children.
Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall have the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.
In the determination of any criminal charge against him, everyone shall be entitled to the following minimum guarantees, in full equality:
To be informed promptly and in detail in a language which he understands of the nature and cause of the charge against him;
To have adequate time and facilities for the preparation of his defence and to communicate with counsel of his own choosing;
To be tried without undue delay;
To be tried in his presence, and to defend himself in person or through legal assistance of his own choosing; to be informed, if he does not have legal assistance, of this right; and to have legal assistance assigned to him, in any case where the interests of justice so require, and without payment by him in any such case if he does not have sufficient means to pay for it;
To examine, or have examined, the witnesses against him and to obtain the attendance and examination of witnesses on his behalf under the same conditions as witnesses against him;
To have the free assistance of an interpreter if he cannot understand or speak the language used in court;
Not to be compelled to testify against himself or to confess guilt.
In the case of juvenile persons, the procedure shall be such as will take account of their age and the desirability of promoting their rehabilitation.
Everyone convicted of a crime shall have the right to his conviction and sentence being reviewed by a higher tribunal according to law.
When a person has by a final decision been convicted of a criminal offence and when subsequently his conviction has been reversed or he has been pardoned on the ground that a new or newly discovered fact shows conclusively that there has been a miscarriage of justice, the person who has suffered punishment as a result of such conviction shall be compensated according to law, unless it is proved that the non-disclosure of the unknown fact in time is wholly or partly attributable to him.
No one shall be liable to be tried or punished again for an offence for which he has already been finally convicted or acquitted in accordance with the law and penal procedure of each country.

toetoe
03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
Robert,

Do you know when that was signed, and what if we were to un-sign ? How does that stuff work ? :confused: .

robert99
03-19-2009, 08:34 PM
toetoe,

International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
Adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by
General Assembly resolution 2200A (XXI) of 16 December 1966
entry into force 23 March 1976, in accordance with Article 49.

The Security Council's five permanent members have the power to veto any substantive resolution:

China
France
Russian Federation
United Kingdom
United States

To change the Covenant it would need to be put to the UN and no vetoes could be placed on the change in order for it to get passed. If the USA was unhappy about the Convenant in 1966 it would have vetoed it, but it was not and did not.

Tom
03-19-2009, 09:35 PM

This applies to the Obama's as well.
A Terrorist president and a pig of a first lady who was ashamed of this country until she got outed.

Neither one is fit to walk the streets of this country.

Tom
03-19-2009, 09:38 PM
And as far as the UN goes.....kick it the hell out of here and stop giving it any money.

Quit - it is a useless collection of third-world excuses for nations looking for others to take care of them.....The UN is a disgusting group of losers.

ArlJim78
03-19-2009, 09:46 PM
The UN -"you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany"

/with apologies to Obi Wan Kenobi

ddog
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
trials = military tribunals they are legal here and would work if needed.

i say bring em here, if we do not have the guts to face them here then we won't win anyway.

i hate the thought that we are so weak as to keep them hidden away somewhere because we are afraid they will win over converts or escape and blow up dc.

give me a feakinn break you sissys.

if you are right and on the moral high ground , then by god exploit it.

Relwob Owner
03-19-2009, 11:03 PM
A Terrorist president and a pig of a first lady who was ashamed of this country until she got outed.

I have read your posts and enjoy your takes for the most part---however, i have to say that calling Obama's wife a "pig" is classless, tasteless and not needed--things like that honestly take away from the thoughts you have....Im surprised that I am the only one offended by it.

The lady you referred to as a pig spent today in a crappy area of DC motivating at risk youths trying to motivate them..all the personal attacks kind of dillute your overall message---I know you probably wont agree, just the way I see it

boxcar
03-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Article 14 of UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights signed up to by United States.

Article 14
All persons shall be equal before the courts and tribunals. In the determination of any criminal charge against him, or of his rights and obligations in a suit at law, everyone shall be entitled to a fair and public hearing by a competent, independent and impartial tribunal established by law. The Press and the public may be excluded from all or part of a trial for reasons of morals, public order (ordre public) or national security in a democratic society, or when the interest of the private lives of the parties so requires, or to the extent strictly necessary in the opinion of the court in special circumstances where publicity would prejudice the interests of justice; but any judgment rendered in a criminal case or in a suit at law shall be made public except where the interest of juvenile persons otherwise requires or the proceedings concern matrimonial disputes or the guardianship of children.
Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall have the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.
In the determination of any criminal charge against him, everyone shall be entitled to the following minimum guarantees, in full equality:
To be informed promptly and in detail in a language which he understands of the nature and cause of the charge against him;
To have adequate time and facilities for the preparation of his defence and to communicate with counsel of his own choosing;
To be tried without undue delay;
To be tried in his presence, and to defend himself in person or through legal assistance of his own choosing; to be informed, if he does not have legal assistance, of this right; and to have legal assistance assigned to him, in any case where the interests of justice so require, and without payment by him in any such case if he does not have sufficient means to pay for it;
To examine, or have examined, the witnesses against him and to obtain the attendance and examination of witnesses on his behalf under the same conditions as witnesses against him;
To have the free assistance of an interpreter if he cannot understand or speak the language used in court;
Not to be compelled to testify against himself or to confess guilt.
In the case of juvenile persons, the procedure shall be such as will take account of their age and the desirability of promoting their rehabilitation.
Everyone convicted of a crime shall have the right to his conviction and sentence being reviewed by a higher tribunal according to law.
When a person has by a final decision been convicted of a criminal offence and when subsequently his conviction has been reversed or he has been pardoned on the ground that a new or newly discovered fact shows conclusively that there has been a miscarriage of justice, the person who has suffered punishment as a result of such conviction shall be compensated according to law, unless it is proved that the non-disclosure of the unknown fact in time is wholly or partly attributable to him.
No one shall be liable to be tried or punished again for an offence for which he has already been finally convicted or acquitted in accordance with the law and penal procedure of each country.

Do you know the difference between a street criminal caught on U.S. soil and an enemy combatant caught on an enemy's battlefield?

Boxcar

Relwob Owner
03-20-2009, 07:46 AM

Well, I defended Obama's wife about you calling her a pig but after his "Special Olympics" bomb last night, I could care less what people call him or his wife....shouldnt have been on Leno anyways and by messing up and saying that, got what he deserved

Tom
03-20-2009, 09:02 AM
I have read your posts and enjoy your takes for the most part---however, i have to say that calling Obama's wife a "pig" is classless, tasteless and not needed--things like that honestly take away from the thoughts you have....Im surprised that I am the only one offended by it.

The lady you referred to as a pig spent today in a crappy area of DC motivating at risk youths trying to motivate them..all the personal attacks kind of dillute your overall message---I know you probably wont agree, just the way I see it

To each his own. She earned that title by dissing this country.
To me, that is a pig and that is offensive.
I have no tolerance for that kind of BS.
And I have zero respect for Michelle. Zero.

Elected officials called out troops nazis and murderers.
They called Bush a murderer.

I refuse to show respect to those who have already dishonored this country. I am willing to go down to their level to fight back.

Tom
03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
The UN -"you'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany"

/with apologies to Obi Wan Kenobi

A pile of dung, it is. ;)

cj's dad
03-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Well, I defended Obama's wife about you calling her a pig but after his "Special Olympics" bomb last night, I could care less what people call him or his wife....shouldnt have been on Leno anyways and by messing up and saying that, got what he deserved

I don't watch Leno - what was the bomb??

Tom
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
He was talking about how bad his bowling was and said something to the effect of it was suited to the Special Olympic.

He told the press today that his teleprompter went off message and then threw it under a bus.

cj's dad
03-20-2009, 10:51 AM
He was talking about how bad his bowling was and said something to the effect of it was suited to the Special Olympic.

He told the press today that his teleprompter went off message and then threw it under a bus.

Thanks Tom, what an ass he is - but he'll get a pass !

ddog
03-20-2009, 01:55 PM

I 100% assure you there is not a person alive other than those spoiling for a fight or pc enforcers who give a twit.

when any off hand utterance(Bush comes to mind that you guys cried about) is pounced on then people complain that all pols don't talk like real people.

Well guess what , that's partly why.

You and CJdaddy post just as bad on this board in the past.

granted you are not prez :jump:

ddog
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Do you know the difference between a street criminal caught on U.S. soil and an enemy combatant caught on an enemy's battlefield?

Boxcar

do you know the difference between a person caught in his home and a person caught on a battlefield?

do you know the difference between a street criminal caught on the battlefield and an enemy combatant caught on the battlefield?

do you know that just because YOU declare the a country a battlefield that others may not catch that?

do you know that if you do declare a country a battlefield and set up shop there that it may in fact become one?

Tom
03-20-2009, 02:20 PM
See dog, you still don't get it.
Had BUSH said that, it would have been a major issues and gotten wide coverage.

THAT is what we are talking about here, the DUPLICITY, not the comment.
Just like the the libs did for the last 8 years. What goes around comes around.

The Fairness Doctrine forces me to e just a big an ARSE as all the libs here have been, just to Piss them off.

Believe me, I am more than up to the task. :cool:

Relwob Owner
03-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Did he really say that abt the teleprompter or are you just kidding? Either way, that comment exposed how fake he really is.......

Relwob Owner
03-20-2009, 10:51 PM

The Fairness Doctrine forces me to e just a big an ARSE as all the libs here have been, just to Piss them off.

Now I am starting to understand what you guys are talking about in terms of the heat Bush got and the duplicity of it all.....wasnt on the board then and now I get the point.....I think that someone needs to put Obama in "time out" like I do when my three year old is bad.....

ddog
03-20-2009, 11:27 PM

i actually was sitting around with some people waiting for hoops and was flipping the channels and everyone of them had stories about it.

sure the usual suspects soft pedaled it , but the more right blasted him for it.

bush built over time , i think if you will just give it a few more months you will have the media and lots of people hot and bothered.

there is stuff coming that he can't dance away from.

within two years his ratings will be under 40% i think, maybe lower.

i have no doubt about your qualification for the task.

ddog
03-20-2009, 11:29 PM
Now I am starting to understand what you guys are talking about in terms of the heat Bush got and the duplicity of it all.....wasnt on the board then and now I get the point.....I think that someone needs to put Obama in "time out" like I do when my three year old is bad.....

the prompter was board hi-jinks although i would have given bama a minor PROP if he had the guts to say it or think it.

i would have.

as to the fake he is, that's bunk at least where i come from.
I have a family member who has been a participant in specials and i have made and laughed at the same kind of remarks myself and am not fake and love her to death.

humor like people just are not that simple, the ones that claim it is or wish to impose their fake values on everyone else need to check themselves.

Relwob Owner
03-21-2009, 08:10 AM
the prompter was board hi-jinks although i would have given bama a minor PROP if he had the guts to say it or think it.

i would have.

as to the fake he is, that's bunk at least where i come from.
I have a family member who has been a participant in specials and i have made and laughed at the same kind of remarks myself and am not fake and love her to death.

humor like people just are not that simple, the ones that claim it is or wish to impose their fake values on everyone else need to check themselves.

I agree that humor can be subjective in many different instances....however, with BO, what is scary is the unbelievable lack of common sense that was involved---how that comes out of his mouth on National TV is frightening and makes you wonder what comes out of his mouth when he speaks to world leaders......as far as being fake, I will stick with that because he has attempted to have such a squeaky clean, "lets all come together" message to America....if you are going to sling that, then you just cant drop the Special Olympics bombs like he did......Bush said some dumb things but I would rather that then making fun of the SO....

He is over exposed and this "Cool President" thing is getting old.....he is starting to remind me of the boss who wants everyone to like them and doesnt get any respect.....I dont care who he has in his NCAA brackets, I dont care if he is on Leno.....I dont care what his bowling average is....run the frickin country man

cj's dad
03-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I agree that humor can be subjective in many different instances....however, with BO, what is scary is the unbelievable lack of common sense that was involved---how that comes out of his mouth on National TV is frightening and makes you wonder what comes out of his mouth when he speaks to world leaders......as far as being fake, I will stick with that because he has attempted to have such a squeaky clean, "lets all come together" message to America....if you are going to sling that, then you just cant drop the Special Olympics bombs like he did......Bush said some dumb things but I would rather that then making fun of the SO....

He is over exposed and this "Cool President" thing is getting old.....he is starting to remind me of the boss who wants everyone to like them and doesnt get any respect.....I dont care who he has in his NCAA brackets, I dont care if he is on Leno.....I dont care what his bowling average is....run the frickin country man

He would if he could, but he can't, so he won't.

Rookies
03-21-2009, 09:52 AM

It was a foolish, insensitive comment by Obama, one rightly castigated- regardless of the apology. Clearly, it was not made with maliciousness- the type that Tom revels in. (Of course, he is the last person here that should mention this stupid gaffe, given that he thought whipping a learning disabled basketball team by 100 points was clearly the right stuff- the stuff that makes America great.)

The good news for Special Olympics or Special Hockey International ( an org I'm deeply familiar with) is that THEY will be showing up at the White House... real soon:)

On the general concern about the President spreading himself thin, I'm sure Obama would rather not have taken over on the bridge of the Titanic AFTER the icebergs have been hit and water is being taken on everywhere. But, he's clearly trying to attack all the deficiencies at once. These are ones that Bush Fubared, but to be fair, both Democrats & Republicans, Presidential and Congressional bare responsibility for not dealing with the past 20 years.

All the old roosters are coming home: Social Security, Socialized Medicine, plus interminable wars and completely corrupt capitalist financial/ corporate giants. Added to the that is that the culture of entitlement for those elected by the people has never been higher. They are clearly out for themselves, rather than trying to resolve huge crises/ issues without mob like baksheesh.This is what Obama has to contend with.

boxcar
03-21-2009, 11:15 AM
All the old roosters are coming home: Social Security, Socialized Medicine, plus interminable wars and completely corrupt capitalist financial/ corporate giants. Added to the that is that the culture of entitlement for those elected by the people has never been higher. They are clearly out for themselves, rather than trying to resolve huge crises/ issues without mob like baksheesh.This is what Obama has to contend with.

Sounds like the nation is ripe (and then some) for an unprecedented government power grab, which could easily be accomplished by keeping the populace disoriented and confused. All this administration has to do is launch one crisis at us after another in rapid succession that the State, of course, would promise emergency fixes for all by getting Congress to pass one bill after another that no one would read because the complex verbiage of each would rival that of War and Peace. Once all the proposed "fixes" (that would have all been soundly endorsed by the mainstream media (had been legislated, it would be too late for The People. The State would own us all -- lock, stock and barrel -- body, soul and spirit -- all very legal like! This is how a corrupt, tyrannical government could take over a democratic republic without firing a shot.

Boxcar