PDA

View Full Version : credit

phatbastard
03-19-2009, 05:41 AM
last summer, seeing nowhere in particular i wanted to park any of my assets, i decided that getting rid of debt would be the best investment for me. not being a wealthy guy, and retired with good pension and other bennies, i undertook a different style of wagering. i look to stay even or a small profit to satisfy my gambling urges.

having paid off several cards [ only one i use now i pay off monthly ], my credit score has put me in a spot where i will get my retirement condo this summer a few miles from Tampa Bay Downs....mortgage is already approved and just looking for about another 5% drop in market.

now this zinger, two of my paid off cards closed the accounts on me, never late, never over limit. now my credit utilization % is going higher again and that isn't good for FICO scores

what kinda bullshit is this?????

anyone else finding credit limits lowered, rates raised, or accounts closed recently?

Relwob Owner
03-19-2009, 07:06 AM
last summer, seeing nowhere in particular i wanted to park any of my assets, i decided that getting rid of debt would be the best investment for me. not being a wealthy guy, and retired with good pension and other bennies, i undertook a different style of wagering. i look to stay even or a small profit to satisfy my gambling urges.

having paid off several cards [ only one i use now i pay off monthly ], my credit score has put me in a spot where i will get my retirement condo this summer a few miles from Tampa Bay Downs....mortgage is already approved and just looking for about another 5% drop in market.

now this zinger, two of my paid off cards closed the accounts on me, never late, never over limit. now my credit utilization % is going higher again and that isn't good for FICO scores

what kinda bullshit is this?????

anyone else finding credit limits lowered, rates raised, or accounts closed recently?

I have and it blows. My credit card, which I have had for 5 years, jacked up the rate two fold---.....in addition, my credit score has gone down 60 points in the last six months for absolutely no reason.....I have no lates and no new cards......

Good idea using getting rid of debt as an investment----everyone always says leverage, leverage, leverage but if you can pay off your mortgage or cards, that is instant savings out of your monthly nut and seems smart theses days----many leverage guys are going under, it seems.

Tom
03-19-2009, 07:32 AM
We need to organize a nationwide plan for everyone to DEFAULT and refuse to honer CC. Time for US to fight back against the scum that is the banking world.

HUSKER55
03-19-2009, 10:44 AM
tOM, i AGREE.

I would also like to see everyone stop making car payments and let detroit take their cars back.

The Judge
03-19-2009, 10:45 AM
It's happening to everybody I missed a payment by a couple of days rate went up to 24.99% why don't they just say 25% and be done with it. There have been othe threads about this one of them is 'Watch Those Credit Card Rates" sorry I don't know have to link it but you can look it up.

boxcar
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
tOM, i AGREE.

I would also like to see everyone stop making car payments and let detroit take their cars back.

:lol: :lol: