PDA

View Full Version : A word of ADVICE from a fellow Pace poster

sammy the sage
03-18-2009, 09:57 PM
W/the Fed &/or Gov...as we know NOW OPENLY going to BUY it's OWN bonds that IT/THEY issued...well...let's just say....&^&$#%#@ gonna hit the fan!!!!

I would BUY some PHYSICAL silver coinage...

You really can't lose on the deal...can alway's give it to the grand-kids...but you might need it to buy a gallon of milk as well...

Ya..I know that's a bit EXTREME...but in REALITY....we've ONLY JUST begun...a very NASTY turn here...

So far have been 100% right the last 18 month's here...and GOTTEN an AWEFUL lot of GRIEF for it...

To be HONEST...I pray/hope that I AM wrong... :( :mad:

ddog
03-18-2009, 10:20 PM
sammy my man as i have said forever if you got gold keep it if not buy some.

i think bernake will make that a very good bet.

i think bernake may end up loaning money to anything that breathes via the talf.

i don't see how , unless the economy really storms back(i am not holding my breath) that tey ever pull it back , how can it help if the fed is going to std behind every auto loan or pawnshop in the country??

this may be the beginning of a bad period if the dollar can't hold and oil and other metals spike.

by the way i see where the feds put the word out that the market makers needed to pull in all their citi outstanding to kill off the shorts today , what a country what a joint.

wonder what other banks they are running the same deal for?

Lefty
03-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I have to laugh when they keep advertising gold and essentially tell me to buy their gold because my dollars are no good. BUT they are willing to take my no good dollars for their real good gold. ???
Dave Ramsey also cautions his listeners against buying gold. He says its volitile and has never been a good longterm investment.

Steve 'StatMan'
03-18-2009, 10:53 PM
I have to laugh when they keep advertising gold and essentially tell me to buy their gold because my dollars are no good. BUT they are willing to take my no good dollars for their real good gold. ???
Dave Ramsey also cautions his listeners against buying gold. He says its volitile and has never been a good longterm investment.

That's a very interesting point!

Not that I'm disagreeing about the first post - things aren't good, and yes, it would be wise to protect oneself. The manner of protecting/insuring/'safely' diversifying is good question.

chickenhead
03-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Dave Ramsey also cautions his listeners against buying gold. He says its volitile

...considering the gold supply doesn't change much....while the dollar supply whipsaws around and bucks up and down...I'd say Gold is the stabler of the duet.

Lefty
03-18-2009, 11:20 PM
if things get real tough i'd rather have a stockpile of tuna fish and soap, than gold.

boxcar
03-19-2009, 12:04 AM
if things get real tough i'd rather have a stockpile of tuna fish and soap, than gold.

Nothing wrong with having all three -- although, when push comes to shove, the soap could be considered an unnecessary luxury when the Great Oppression hits.

Boxcar

plainolebill
03-19-2009, 03:25 AM

You can always extract the mercury from the tuna. What's the price for quicksilver? :lol:

Tom
03-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Get lead.
Lots of lead.
Learn how to install it.

Lefty
03-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Bill, great idea. Tuna: The food that keeps on giving...

Tom
03-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I thought that was beans.

Marshall Bennett
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
ammunition & concrete .

Tom
03-19-2009, 12:40 PM
I ordered a copy of "The Turner Diaries" last night.
Can't hurt to explore all options.
Nancy Pelosi is encouraging ignoring the laws, so I guess taking it to this extreme would be considered patriotic.

ddog
03-19-2009, 01:36 PM

one doesn't usually buy gold for the investment , it is to protect a store of wealth, they are not even a little bit the same.
I say you should do your own research and plot gold against commodities and currencies over the last 50-100 years.

You will have little doubt about which you would rather have and the argument about taking current dollars for gold is nuts.
That's not the point of holding gold.

The med-long term is the point. If you feel your purchasing power will be protected in stocks/bonds/ts/dollars then by all means go for it.

I fully expect concerted CB/gvt actions to take down the price of gold are coming and if so i will be looking for more.

TPTB financially speaking are setting up the next great pillage of J6P as we type this.

RichieP
03-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I fully expect concerted CB/gvt actions to take down the price of gold are coming and if so i will be looking for more.

So do I and so will I

robert99
03-19-2009, 06:15 PM
People sell gold when they need the cash to pay off debt. There are always sellers and buyers for the classic inflation hedge. If derivatives item C, below, continues to fail then the only short term fix is massive cash printing followed by financial bankruptcy. It is only a very short term fix to get by day by day as the derivatives timebomb once detonated exceeds the world's current money supply by a factor of 46 times. Gold will then be worthless but a private army with food and shelter will be all that counts.

A. World Notes and Coins total - $13T ? (mostly in banks or circulation)

B. World Bonds and Equity total - $170T ? (ownership registered)

C. World Derivatives, still unknown, but believed £600T -1000T total (ownership unregistered and remains unknown to Governments - the unnationalised banks know their bits but are not confessing anything off-balance.)

Until C is actually registered to an owner and valued the problem is unfixable and it is estimated that the whole world's sum of A + B does not come anywhere near the potential lost value of defaults in C. The essential task of worldwide derivative valuation etc remains undone - pouring national money real or printed down the pit is easy but most probably absolutely futile.

toetoe
03-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Fruitcake. It never deteriorates.

ddog
03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
People sell gold when they need the cash to pay off debt. There are always sellers and buyers for the classic inflation hedge. If derivatives item C, below, continues to fail then the only short term fix is massive cash printing followed by financial bankruptcy. It is only a very short term fix to get by day by day as the derivatives timebomb once detonated exceeds the world's current money supply by a factor of 46 times. Gold will then be worthless but a private army with food and shelter will be all that counts.

A. World Notes and Coins total - $13T ? (mostly in banks or circulation)

B. World Bonds and Equity total - $170T ? (ownership registered)

C. World Derivatives, still unknown, but believed £600T -1000T total (ownership unregistered and remains unknown to Governments - the unnationalised banks know their bits but are not confessing anything off-balance.)

Until C is actually registered to an owner and valued the problem is unfixable and it is estimated that the whole world's sum of A + B does not come anywhere near the potential lost value of defaults in C. The essential task of worldwide derivative valuation etc remains undone - pouring national money real or printed down the pit is easy but most probably absolutely futile.

there will come a day when the cds,etc will be declared null and/or settled at 10cents on the dollar.

there is also coming an attempt to move way from the dollar as the reserve.

gold will outlive us all, count on it. and it never goes cold to the touch as does fruitcake.

robert99
03-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Then "Let them eat cake" !

"Phrase is widely attributed to Marie-Antoinette (1755-93), the Queen consort of Louis XVI. She is supposed to have said this when she was told that the French populace had no bread to eat.

The original French is Qu'ils mangent de la brioche. It has been suggested that the speaker's intention wasn't as cynical as is generally supposed. French law required bakers to sell loaves at fixed prices and fancy loaves had to be sold at the same price as basic breads. This was aimed at preventing bakers from selling just the more profitable expensive products. The "let them eat brioche" (a form of cake made of flour, butter and eggs) would have been a sensible suggestion in the face of a flour shortage as it would have allowed the poor to eat what would otherwise have been unaffordable. It's rather a mouthful, so to speak, but if the phrase had been reported as 'let them buy cake at the same price as bread' we might now think better of the French nobility.

slewis
03-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Get lead.
Lots of lead.
Learn how to install it.

Stop it Tom,

You cant go around shooting libs and Dems, they dont barbeque well and they dont want you to, nor can you easily tell, what sexual pesuasion they are.:lol:

Lefty
03-19-2009, 09:34 PM
dog, heard that same rhetoric in the 90's. Yawn...

Tom
03-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Stop it Tom,

You cant go around shooting libs and Dems, they dont barbeque well and they dont want you to, nor can you easily tell, what sexual pesuasion they are.:lol:

I have no doubt as to a lib's sexual persuasion. :lol:
Hey, when the herd of deer gets too big, you thin it out by hunting the weaker members.

I see that as a solution to liberalism.

hcap
03-20-2009, 06:02 AM
you thin it out
You gotta be kidding. :D

sammy the sage
03-20-2009, 06:32 AM
The Seeds for Hyperinflation are now being planted..The Feds announcment of 1.25 Trillion in new money.

Stop and think about this for a min.. the banking system can take 1 Trillion and turn it into 10 Trillion dollars through the fractional reserve banking system throw in the TARP money another 700 Million Plus the stimulous money thats another 800 Billion this amounts to what 2.75 Trillion dollars!

Now the banking system under the fractional reserve system can take this and turn it into 27 TRILLION DOLLARS or more then 2 times our current outstanding national debt this also amounts to nearly 3 times our annual GDP output (thats in the inflated dollars) real output is much lower...

This is HYPERINFLATIONARY type of stuff..BUT...the reason that we havent seen it YET is because the banks are sitting on this cash and not lending but WHEN THEY DO dollars will increase expodentially....chasing after a ever shriking supply of goods and services causing prices to explode out of control

sammy the sage
03-20-2009, 06:33 AM
I see another history lesson 101 is needed for somebody(s)...

The REAL reason it's going in the tank:

>>>""Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter, I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin!

You are a den of vipers and thieves.""

~ Andrew Jackson, 1767-1845, 7th US President, when forcing the closure of the Second Bank of the US in 1836 by revoking its charter.

Tom
03-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Sammy, the phony outrage by congress over the chump change bonuses at AIG were designed to steal attention from the Fed's attack on our economy.
They have ensured continued recession/inflation for the next decade.

RIP US Dollar.

Found murdered on the street of DC.
Died of liberalism.

lamboguy
03-20-2009, 08:49 AM

i suspect this dave ramsey character gets on television and claims he knows something, he must be a sharp guy he got people paying him to listen to his bs.

when george bush jr. took office 8 years ago it took 248 pieces of paper to buy an ounce of gold. today it takes 968 of the same beautiful paper.

the arguement between the value of precious metals vs paper assets have been around 5000 years now.

during this 5000 years the paper assets have appeared and disapeared, gold and silver are both still here.

Tom
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
when george bush jr. took office 8 years ago it took 248 pieces of paper to buy an ounce of gold. today it takes 968 of the same beautiful paper.

It takes 248 pieces of plain paper, but if you print a dollar onto that paper, it then takes 968. :D