PDA

View Full Version : Obama's teleprompter runs amuck

ArlJim78
03-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Rush is talking about this (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Barack-Obama-Thanks-Himself-In-Teleprompt-Blunder-During-Address-With-Irish-PM-On-St-Patricks-Day/Article/200903315243932?lpos=World_News_First_World_News_A rticle_Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15243932_Barack_Obama_Thanks_Himself_I n_Teleprompt_Blunder_During_Address_With_Irish_PM_ On_St_Patricks_Day) now.

For the Irish prime minister it displays Obama's remarks, but then as Obama steps up it switches to the Prime Ministers text and Obama ends up thanking himself. and people thought George Bush was an idiot???!!!:lol:
he can't even handle the briefest of remarks without his trusty teleprompter.

"Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen (http://indepth.news.sky.com/InDepth/topic/Brian_Cowen) was just a few paragraphs into an address in Washington when he realised it all sounded a bit too familiar.

It was. He was repeating the speech President Barack Obama (http://indepth.news.sky.com/InDepth/topic/Barack_Obama) had just read from the same teleprompter.

Mr Cowen stopped, turned to the president and said: "That's your speech."

A laughing Mr Obama returned to the podium to take over but it seems the script had finally been switched and the US president ended up thanking himself for inviting everyone to the party.

Mr Obama is an accomplished orator but is becoming known in America as the "teleprompt president" over his reliance on the machine when he gives a speech."

DJofSD
03-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Reduced to just another talking head. All style, no substance.

boxcar
03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
The irony here is that the almighty teleprompter upon which BO is so dependent ended up screwing him by getting him to make a fool of himself. Smart machine. Must have a mind of its own. :D

Boxcar

cj's dad
03-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, but has he mistaken any windows for doors lately??

ArlJim78
03-18-2009, 01:16 PM
we have P.O.T.U.S. (President of the United States)

now we also have T.O.T.U.S. (Telepromter ...)

secret service codename -The Brain.

ddog
03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
really , other than this kind of junk , what exactly do you get from rush anymore.

are mostly shut ins or worse his audience?
too old to read or get around?

I listened to him on and off for an hour a day or so while driving around Mo-KAn-Neb-Tex-Ark-Ok on a little vacation for a month or so and it was the same boring junk everyday interspersed with tons of commercials.

I never learned anything of value or really heard any thought or conversation of substance at all.

It was like being back on the junior high football team again as to the level of conversation..

Even BEck is better than Rush these days based on the 5-6 times i have heard part of his radio show.

I hear he has a large share and I think it's tragic that he doesn't have on people that could go indepth on subjects from all sides and I mean all sides of any major issue.

I guess that's why he doesn't do it, nobody wants to listen to that.

No need for defense , that's what i heard.

jballscalls
03-18-2009, 02:14 PM
i saw there was an article on the cover of the newsweek i think it was that was written by a conservative basically telling rush to hush LOL

DJofSD
03-18-2009, 02:17 PM
If you've listen to Rush off and on for over a month, you must know he does not have guests.

His program is entertainment. That's all. Getting news and analysis from him is in my book not any different than watching the Daily Show.

If you didn't hear or learn anything of value, why is that the fault of Rush? Or maybe it's because you can't add any water to an already filled cup.

ddog
03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
If you've listen to Rush off and on for over a month, you must know he does not have guests.

His program is entertainment. That's all. Getting news and analysis from him is in my book not any different than watching the Daily Show.

If you didn't hear or learn anything of value, why is that the fault of Rush? Or maybe it's because you can't add any water to an already filled cup.

the cup runeth over in other words , so always things can be added to it , but maybe they don't stay in there.

anyway, i only posted it because so many here seem to quote what he says as a great revelation or take on the world or politics.

I just didn't hear any of it, that's all.

the cup was nice though.
:)

ps. i wasn't expecting guests or NOT expecting guests, where did you pull that from my cup i spilt here.

I was just asking why with his resources wouldn't it be a good idea to have some?

Just a hopeless idealist i guess.

JustRalph
03-18-2009, 04:32 PM
we have P.O.T.U.S. (President of the United States)

now we also have T.O.T.U.S. (Telepromter ...)

secret service codename -The Brain.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
anyway, i only posted it because so many here seem to quote what he says as a great revelation or take on the world or politics.

where did you pull that from? this thread was meant to be humorous.

I was just asking why with his resources wouldn't it be a good idea to have some?

Just a hopeless idealist i guess.
why would it be a good idea? you mean like he needs to do that in order to have a more successful show?:D

his not having guests has nothing to do with resources.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
How does this thread turn into another Rush thing? It was about Obama and his majic teleprompter.

What is it about Rush that makes certain folks constantly try and diminish him? Who cares about Rush? He's no different than Hannity, O'Reilly, Stewart, Maddow, Olberman, etc. etc. etc.

DJofSD
03-18-2009, 07:29 PM
How does this thread turn into another Rush thing? It was about Obama and his majic teleprompter.

What is it about Rush that makes certain folks constantly try and diminish him? Who cares about Rush? He's no different than Hannity, O'Reilly, Stewart, Maddow, Olberman, etc. etc. etc.Obviously, that's b/c deputy dog's teleprompter went on the fritz and he had to adlib.

hcap
03-18-2009, 07:53 PM
I have been watching Obama's town hall.
Maybe Rush and the rest of the Pa clique should watch as well, and tell me where is the teleprompter?

I can just imagine George W trying this and responding with answers longer than 2 sentences, or words with more than 5 letters.

You gentlemen are delusional.

ddog
03-18-2009, 07:56 PM
where did you pull that from? this thread was meant to be humorous.

why would it be a good idea? you mean like he needs to do that in order to have a more successful show?:D

his not having guests has nothing to do with resources.

yeah , i know it is humorous AFTER i took the bait and listened to him and then compare that to the ranting and plaudits about rushy posted here in the past.

sorry about thread drift, i clearly specified after i typed it that no defense was required hoping to head off the drift. i don't like to post something and then delete it but ...................

So, now i did learn something and it seems humorous and that would be the rapt attention paid to much of what he says.

i could have deleted it but oh well.

fell free pa, i'm a big boy .........................

and by the way , to get that i am obessed from this post , well let's just say you are a nasty piece of work.
:D

boxcar
03-19-2009, 12:16 AM
You gentlemen are delusional.

I'm betting that the Irish PM was thinking the same thing about BO when he started thanking himself for throwing that little party. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

hcap
03-19-2009, 05:48 AM
I have been watching Obama's town hall.
Maybe Rush and the rest of the Pa clique should watch as well, and tell me where is the teleprompter?

I can just imagine George W trying this and responding with answers longer than 2 sentences, or words with more than 5 letters.

You gentlemen are delusional.Box, did you watch the town hall? Or were you out hunting for Obama's birth certificate? You would have seen a great spontaneous handling of issues and questions. You may disagree with his policies, but he knows his stuff.

Tom
03-19-2009, 07:34 AM
Why waste time watching a proven liar spewing pout more lies? Obama has zero credibility and you cannot believe one thing he says.

hcap
03-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Why waste time watching a proven liar spewing pout more lies? Obama has zero credibility and you cannot believe one thing he says.
I read your posts. So. You are busy spewing "pout"

Whatever.

But no teleprompter at the town hall

Tom
03-19-2009, 09:40 PM
No truth, either.
Probably not a lot of brains either.
Certainly not any real Americans.

ArlJim78
03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
http://posterous.com/getfile/files.posterous.com/blackerton/x8kaFoC5c79BPADRiYVdnoPB4WPkIWI1biRHw9UxdIsfbN2Ndi yP7Rwqb9Bj/Dream-Prompt.jpg

available now at Amazon.

Tom
03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Good one....:D

But who is feeding the teleprompter?

YWyCCJ6B2WE